E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 332 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #901
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffS View Post
Are the dynavin units going to be back in stock anytime soon?
A few weeks, but lets keep the sales talk elsewhere....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #902
tomb25

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarryd_stephens View Post
Who did u buy it off in aus??
Jason at Euro-Division, he could only get 2 units when i got mine... he was having trouble get another one for himself so i don't know if he had any luck. give him an email though
tomb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #903
WCM3

My Ride: 95 M3
Installed mine today and I'm loving it so far. So much potential. Note, i didn't update the firmware with the newest one you sent out, Jeff. I will do that in the morning. I was searching for simple apps like pandora, and for some reason the market couldn't find them. Were you guys having the same issues?

I figured a workaround is to move the apk from my droid to the SD card, then install them from the SD card. It would just be easier if I could get them directly from the market over wifi.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #904
jmejiaa

My Ride: 2002 M3
I beleieve the latest firmware fixes the market. Or else you'll need to install using apk

Sent from my Nexus One using Bimmer App
Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #905
jmejiaa

For you guys using android for music now does the song continue where it left off when you turn on the car?

Sent from my Nexus One using Bimmer App
Old 05-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #906
singry

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0n_91 View Post
seeing all these issues, and not having any with my windows V5 nav makes me happy i didnt get the android based V5 (coz i was cut when it was released 1 week after i purchased my windows V5)
I envy you right now. I f i could just get a good navigation i would be fine with that since i already have the unit.

I'm willing to buy one that works off line. i saw copilot in the market and purchase it, but when i start it up it was saying something about IMEI # not found. Also download sygic but the bottom of the screen is not showing....

i got a refund.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #907
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
This is why i never buy v1.0 technology and like to wait till everything is sorted and stable.

Principle applies to all forms, it happened with iPhone, Android, Crackberries etc etc

I am in no rush to be the coolest kid on the block.
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #908
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
Installed mine today and I'm loving it so far. So much potential. Note, i didn't update the firmware with the newest one you sent out, Jeff. I will do that in the morning. I was searching for simple apps like pandora, and for some reason the market couldn't find them. Were you guys having the same issues?

I figured a workaround is to move the apk from my droid to the SD card, then install them from the SD card. It would just be easier if I could get them directly from the market over wifi.
That's what the firmware is for

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
For you guys using android for music now does the song continue where it left off when you turn on the car?
Yes on the built in player, no on the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by singry View Post
I envy you right now. I f i could just get a good navigation i would be fine with that since i already have the unit.

Have you tried relocating your gps antenna? That would be the first thing I would have done...

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 05-28-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #909
josh142

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Any ideas whats up with my copilot? I'm running 8.2.0.218 and it works on my droid x but when I try to install it on my Dynavin I select my language then select the voice and click continue and get a download error.. I have tried using app installer and astro. I have downloaded it a couple times from a couple different sources and end up with same error. I have no idea the same program works on my droid x. Any ideas are appreciated.. thanks
josh142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #910
EvgenSud

My Ride: E39 530, E46 320Ci
Send a message via ICQ to EvgenSud
Hello!
Has anyone connected to the Internet at Android via 3G modem???
I do not mean WiFi!
Tell us how to connect 3G?
EvgenSud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #911
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
EvgenSud, I'm trying to do so. I have a Vodafone Huawei modem but it didn't work. In the 3G connection setup we can read: HSPA-500HU which I believe is the driver name for the compatible modem. I've found a chinese modem called like that, MBD-500HU and I've ordered one of these to try. Delivery time is about 10 days, so I'll let you know.
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #912
singry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
That's what the firmware is for

Yes on the built in player, no on the others

Have you tried relocating your gps antenna? That would be the first thing I would have done...
My GPS is in mounted in the lower center off my windshield, right on my dash where you can see it. The thing is, when google nav says "gps signal lost" i exit, then start the nav again and it always works. seems like this only happen with google nav is running. I never had this problem with other navigation.

quick question....what navigation are you using?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #913
J&T Distributing

You might try a different location but I hear you on what you are saying about restarting it. Did you go to the market and update to the newest google maps app? I've had that happen to me only once...
Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #914
rkissin

My Ride: 1999 323i
Has anyone tried a 64gb MicroSD card? My 32gb card is working fine. The Dynavin site says 64gb is supported.
rkissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #915
singry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
You might try a different location but I hear you on what you are saying about restarting it. Did you go to the market and update to the newest google maps app? I've had that happen to me only once...
I actually thought it would upgrade the map automatically....
Gonna do that now and see what happen.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #916
singry

Is anyone having any issues with copilot not being able to say the exits number? Instead it just say take 'exit'.... That's it.... No number.
And of so, is there a fix for this?

I'm using v 8.2.0.218
Old 05-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #917
WCM3

My Ride: 95 M3
Updated firmware today and full market access now. Played with it some more today and it's very nice. I'll install copilot tomorrow and see if I'm having the same issues as you guys.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #918
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Installed Launcher Pro (free) today, definitely keeping this.

Launcher pro overrides the launcher in android. Now, when I install this on my phone it's easy to go uninstall. When I installed it on the car, I actually don't see how I'd uninstall it. So you may have to do a factory reset to uninstall launcher pro. You shouldn't have to uninstall to disassociate it from the system (so the system can use it's internal launcher even though launcher pro is installed), but I haven't tried doing that yet. I'll have to do some more digging on this issue.

Here are the benefits of launcher pro:
- 5 columns per screen (note the extra icon)
- Configurable number of homescreens (I set it to 3, because I wasn't using all 5 and I was often getting a double-tap when trying to go one screen over).
- Access to contacts in the dock (note the contacts icon on the right)
- Access to shortcuts for system commands like shutdown. I tried this, doesn't work. Simply says that it can't execute that command.
- Configurable dock shortcuts/icons (note the google maps dock shortcut in addition to desktop shortcut)

I had to configure the top and bottom dock shortcuts to go to homescreens instead of the default. Otherwise you don't get the "next homescreen" buttons, which I enjoy using because swiping to switch to homescreens is not as easy.

There's no way I'm going back now that I have launcher pro. I'm not ready to convert my phone over to it, but the dynavin benefits greatly.

Last edited by Danoff; 05-28-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #919
jmejiaa

Does the music on the android side continue where it left off?
jmejiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #920
J&T Distributing

Depends on the app