E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #81
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Okay, no matter what I shoot, I'm finding that a 1911 delivers .45acp more comfortably than any other weapons system. That said, the G26 i purchased a half year ago is extremely accurate. It totally shocked me how quick that gun is to shoot. I managed to put 10 rounds in a group where all the shots were touching at (only) 7 yards. Surprised the hell out of me!
For the 9mm's I've tried controlling it is a piece of cake compared to shooting my .45's. I feel if you can shoot a .45 well especially +P ammo than most other rounds will be that much more easily controllable.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #82
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Over 20 years in the military......just my personal experience, I would say go to a place so you can rent a few guns. 9mm is nice with the right ammo, 45 can be different. Every person that actually shoots a weapon normally has....I just need to say it...their PERSONAL CHOICE weapon. Once you find it...you will know. Make, model...comes into play and then once you like one, you look at the caliber. I have quite a few, but...I picked all of them....for ME.

When you get that feeling, you know it.

Not much more I can say. I am sure some of the military guys know that. Hell, if I listened to what I was issued, the Beretta M9 would be the best gun out there....ROFLOL!!!!!

Main point: People are biased for specific brands and calibers...also ammo. Shoot several guns and do not let someone pick one off the internet for you. If they do...you will not be happy.

But, I am not a weapons expert. I just fork out the money for what I like.

Guns are like cars.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #83
3MPOWERED

My Ride: E46 M3
Today I purchased my first handgun. I went for the .40 S&W M&P. Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet but will hopefully get to on Friday. I'll check back in once I do.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #84
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
If I could only own one handgun it would be a HK p30. If I had a budget it would be a Glock 19. I didn't like Glocks that much before, but after a few hundred rounds through my Glock 20, I am really starting to like them.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #85
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MPOWERED View Post
Today I purchased my first handgun. I went for the .40 S&W M&P. Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet but will hopefully get to on Friday. I'll check back in once I do.
Nice, great gun!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #86
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Nice! I've got one in 9mm and 45. I leave for Cali next week - want to try and get together again to shoot? I can brief you on some fundamentals if you'd like.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #87
3MPOWERED

Absolutely! What are you doing tomorrow? That'll be the only day I'm free to do anything until middle next month.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #88
3MPOWERED

Shot my M&P today and love it! Unless someone breaks into my house and gets within about 20 feet of me, they are probably safe. Lol
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #89
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Shot my M&P today and love it! Unless someone breaks into my house and gets within about 20 feet of me, they are probably safe. Lol
lol just need more training.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #90
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I was amazed at what a terrible shot I was when I first got my XD. I think it took me about 15 shots to even hit the paper at 20 yards. I'm a bit better now.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #91
3MPOWERED

Well, I was at about 15 yards and shooting at 2 aquafina bottles, 1 Arizona tea can, 1 coke can and 1 empty box of ammo. I shot about 60 rds and made contact maybe 15 times.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #92
3MPOWERED

Correction, it was probably about 10
Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #93
Rush4theYehO

Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #94
3MPOWERED

I think for the most part I was missing high. In my defense, this was the first I've shot in over 10 years
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #95
Rush4theYehO

Quote:
I think for the most part I was missing high. In my defense, this was the first I've shot in over 10 years
One of the things that helped me was to dry-fire A LOT. Your gun can handle it....or get snap caps if you gotta. Make sure your trigger pull is straight backwards, even the slightest imperfection can cause you to pull your shot left/right. When you dry fire, watch the 2nd joint (after the knuckle). As you pull the trigger, it shouldn't move much. I know this video has been posted, but I cannot stress how good the fundamental information is

Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #96
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Each gun is different, but polymer striker-fired guns like Glocks and M&Ps have a unique dynamic that makes them very much different to shoot and control. They can be kind of funky sometimes. I shoot my Glocks different than I shot my Sig, Beretta and 1911. My Kahr was very similar to my Glocks. As stated above, the fundamentals are key, and dry-firing is an excellent way to get them down. I would recommend that you go shoot with someone that really knows how to shoot Glocks. Not just shoot in general, but shoots with Glocks.

To expand on this, you have to understand that polymer pistols like Glocks and M&Ps have a significantly different weight distribution. So much of their weight is comprised of the ammunition in the magazine, that the comparative weight of the gun drops a much greater margin than as on a metal-framed pistol. Even more so, with guns with lighter lowers and heavier uppers, trigger manipulation is often amplified. If you jerk or over torque or slap the trigger, it's more pronounced due to the lesser weight.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 06-02-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:55 AM   #97
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
If you jerk or over torque or slap the trigger, it's more pronounced due to the lesser weight.
I found that out rather quickly.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote