E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 349 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #1041
ilbmwista

My Ride: 320 ci
@hahols, jmejia

It's the same problem that i don't understand...i will wait reply about our questions!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #1042
jmejiaa

My Ride: 2002 M3
Sounds confusing, also the fact that they say the Android unit will be released in October but we already have it?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #1043
ilbmwista

My Ride: 320 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
Sounds confusing, also the fact that they say the Android unit will be released in October but we already have it?

quote!!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #1044
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
Might be worth a shot..

When you press the volume, does it actually change the Android volume? Or does the android volume not change?
No, the volume is system wide, you can adjust the relative volume of android within android but the steering wheel buttons control the overall volume of the entire unit.

To my knowledge there are no short term plans to get rid of the windows units. Remember dynaivn has audi and mercedes units also, some of them very new. I dont expect to see android in those units for quite a while.

Go back and read my original post, dynavin has put together a limited number, a couple hundred of these android units for now, but wont put them into wider production until fall, we will probably see them in other models at that time as well.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 06-02-2011 at 02:47 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #1045
hahols

My Ride: e30
As I have understood, so did they installed Android to a limited numbers of units to e46 in the beginning to test the product before they release units with a fully functional Android OS to all their units.

If it will be possible to update V5 units to Android it would have been great

I have done a lot of research before I ordered a V5 unit, android is not available to my car unfortunately , and i have seen many dealeres advertise that Dynavin is constantly developing their units and updates will be available so you would be sure that you always would have a unit with the latest firmware.
hahols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #1046
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahols View Post
As I have understood, so did they installed Android to a limited numbers of units to e46 in the beginning to test the product before they release units with a fully functional Android OS to all their units.
it wasnt to test the units, although the firmware needed a couple tweaks, it is now pretty much fully functional, it was to test the market, to see what we would do with them, likes, dislikes, mods, etc... I think a read through this thread definitely shows exactly the type of info they are looking for. We have already found apps, requested system modifications, modified our own units, and found accessories to make the most of them. Im sure some of these items will be incorporated into future releases while others will become the "go to" apps for when you get a dynavin.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 06-02-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #1047
hahols

My Ride: e30
I don`t know how well-known Spotify is in the US and outside Scandinavia or Europe. The Spotify app are mainly the reason why I want to buy a Android unit.

So maybe it could be interesting for you to try it.

With a Spotify Premium you could have offline playlists, it would be perfect to park the car in the driveway, connect to wifi, and mark all the playlist you want to play offline, and you could use your pc to create playlist, import playlist from your friends and simply play everything in your car, without thinking about downloading music, use cd`s or memory cards and so on

Check out their website, it would be great if anyone could try it and see how it works!

Spotify

Unfortunately, it is not free. But it is absolutely worth paying for. Especially since you could have offline playlist on three diffrent units, like your Dynavin in the car, your phone and laptop
hahols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #1048
live2ride090

My Ride: 2002 M3 E46
Android 2.3.3

Hey Jeff,

You know if this will get the upgrade to android 2.3.3 anytime soon? I just got the update on my Droid X and its pretty cool. I guess since this a car radio there not going to get the pushed updates since these come from your cell carrier. Thought I would ask just in case. Also, did you the Sirius XM app to work on yours? I go to log in and it just keeps trying and never logs in.

DROID~!
live2ride090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #1049
J&T Distributing

Last I heard Rob was working 2.3 as he thought it would be better suited but thats a big project so time will tell.....

Yeah, SiriusXM app isnt working but if you read the recent reviews on the app it looks like its pretty flaky, probably wait until they get the app working better then we can see if we can get it going on the dynavin.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #1050
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
Darkoz did you ever get iGo to hold your settings?
mine is holding now it seems
Quote:
I know why I couldn't find it. I was looking on there website and it said you couldn't buy it for android. I am going to give it a try. But I also was looking for Legit software that people buying the unit can buy or download. In my field, I really can't suggest to people that they use Software that was not intended for them
darkoz posted the links to the program if u want it. seems it wasnt officially released for consumers to use, only business

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #1051
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
mine is holding now it seems

darkoz posted the links to the program if u want it. seems it wasnt officially released for consumers to use, only business
It is only available for bossiness to buy, They are targeting a different market. I already downloaded it

I wanted to but the primo version, but I don't think it will ever be for sale for our radios. I just like to see legitimate programs out there for people to buy.
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #1052
live2ride090

My Ride: 2002 M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Last I heard Rob was working 2.3 as he thought it would be better suited but thats a big project so time will tell.....

Yeah, SiriusXM app isnt working but if you read the recent reviews on the app it looks like its pretty flaky, probably wait until they get the app working better then we can see if we can get it going on the dynavin.
Thanks Jeff, I am sure 2.3 is going to be a lot of work but it is very cool.
live2ride090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #1053
dayusmc

When I extracted the iGo I got a lot of errors some files were corrupt, did anyone else get that?
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #1054
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
When I extracted the iGo I got a lot of errors some files were corrupt, did anyone else get that?
nope..

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #1055
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Quote:
Sounds like a bad download. Mine unpacked.
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #1056
dayusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
nope..
I just redownloaded it, same thing keep getting errors when I extract it, That Sucks, I wanted to try it!! Can someone send me the rar that they know is good They can it through https://www.wetransfer.com/
Old 06-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #1057
dayusmc

I only need the first one, the maps unpacked fine
Old 06-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #1058
dayusmc

BTW, This is the response I got from Navigon- I guess they didn't see the test Video of it working!!
"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Regarding your concern, unfortunately, the MobileNavigator for Android is not compatible with your unit.

We apologise for the inconveniences this situation might have created.

Should you have any further inquiries do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

--------------
NAVIGON Support Team
p.p. Theo Clifton
E-Mail: support.us@navigon.com
Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #1059
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Quote:
I just redownloaded it, same thing keep getting errors when I extract it, That Sucks, I wanted to try it!! Can someone send me the rar that they know is good They can it through https://www.wetransfer.com/
I don't know what's going on. That rar is good for sure though. I downloaded it and it runs.
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #1060
StrikeTwo

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by singry View Post
By the way the water dried and my reverse cam is just not the same, so i'm definitely gonna have to purchase one from you.

But lets get back to dynavin...
Just wanted to chime in and vouch for the reverse camera Jeff offers on his site. Where I live it rains, and rains, and rains, and rains, and then it rains again, anyway...my camera hasn't had one issue at all with water

side note: I only peeled one side of the double sticky seal and stuck it to the camera side. This will make it easier to replace a bulb IF it ever burns out, and upgraded to LEDs for fear of melting the camera wire where I routed it, it also looks pretty decent.

My only issue is the flickering of the screen when the lights are on and you use the camera, lights off and no flicker. I guess it's signal interference from being wired into the reverse light maybe? I can't remember exactly what I need to install, something to reduce the noise, some kind of resistor?

view current mods
2003 BMW 330i ZHP
StrikeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote