E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #41
Nervous

My Ride: 01 330CI 6MT ZSP EU3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
I've yet to hear a SINGLE positive fitment response about umnitza bumpers.

I learned that if one tells they fit good, that means one's standards are very low and he doesnt realize what good is.
I agree. I'd really love to see PICS of one of that rear bumpers on car.
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #42
Nervous

My Ride: 01 330CI 6MT ZSP EU3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evap View Post
Go OEM. Why wouldn't you?
Guess.
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #43
peytonracer4
OEM ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Go OEM. Why wouldn't you?

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer App
Um not everyone wants to spend an extra 200 bucks on an unpainted bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #44
jiggz

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Um not everyone wants to spend an extra 200 bucks on an unpainted bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
And these same people will be the ones complaining and making new posts about bad fitment, poor service from vendors, etc.
jiggz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #45
peytonracer4
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
And these same people will be the ones complaining and making new posts about bad fitment, poor service from vendors, etc.
no argument there.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #46
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
Quote:

Exactly. Why would you get a rep if you can go OEM with guaranteed 100% fitment?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #47
jiggz

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Exactly. Why would you get a rep if you can go OEM with guaranteed 100% fitment?
I ask myself this everytime I log onto this forum. The lighting forum is especially bad - nothing but people complaining about their DEPO, Eagle Eye, Khoalty, etc. products.

People who buy aftermarket crap should not be allowed to make new posts about their purchases gone bad.
jiggz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #48
peytonracer4
OEM ///Member

Quote:
I ask myself this everytime I log onto this forum. The lighting forum is especially bad - nothing but people complaining about their DEPO, Eagle Eye, Khoalty, etc. products.

People who buy aftermarket crap should not be allowed to make new posts about their purchases gone bad.
if only they made oem led tails for the pre-face sedan
Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #49
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
Quote:

I won't go that far. I'm only saying to go OEM with the bumpers because the option is available. Sometimes, aftermarket is the only option, e.g., angel eyes, coilovers, pre-face sedan LED tails, etc.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #50
Crazedcat

My Ride: TiAg 330i
Got mine from Euro-Spec 2 yrs ago. Fitment is pretty spot on.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #51
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw3.0L View Post
Here is my latest mod just put on the car about 30 min ago. I did the install myself and bumper was painted by a local paint and body shop.
I got a brand new mtech II bumper from a friend that got it from Umnitza.
Install was easy and fitment is great.
here are a few pictures.

I still need to get new brake air ducts and a center one as well. I thought my original parts were large enough, but I guess not.
Enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeryen88 View Post
UMNITZA = Two Thumbs Up ... Way Up!

Looking for a website with some beautiful and hard-to-find accessories to help you improve your E46's exterior looks? www.umnitza.com

In speaking with the UMNITZA folks before/during/after my purchases, here are some of my observations:

1. I prefer having the ability to speak directly with a sponsor. Some sponsors communicate only via email, which is fine for a small purchase. Thankfully, you can call these guys up on their toll-free number and, 8 times out of 10, a live human answers the call. The other 2 times, a voice mail picks up. I've never left a message preferring to just call back.

2. Many sponsors are open just 9a-5p EST. However, this makes it difficult for East Coast workers-of-the-world (like me who lives in the DC area) to find time to call in. UMNITZA (although located in California) has extended hours to make it easy for East Coast residents to reach them. You can call as early as 10a EST and as late as 8p EST.

3. When I do email them, they reply very promptly - anywhere between 10 minutes and 24 hours. I've sent them emails on a Sunday morning and they have replied by Sunday evening. I've sent them emails at midnight (EST) and they've responded by 1a (EST).

4. When you purchase multiple items from them, they have been gracious in offering me discounts without me even asking. I suppose that the more you order, the more generous they become.

Here are the items that I have purchased from them:
M-Tech II front bumper (w/ fog lights and covers)
http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_480&products_id=1132

M-Tech II rear bumper
http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_480&products_id=1243

Predator Orion V2 LED Angel Eyes 6000k w/ Remote On
http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114_113&products_id=1198

Red/Clear/Red LED Tail Lights
http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=450_459&products_id=1106

Predator Ion v4 LED Turn Signal Bulbs (set of 2 plus needed resistors)
http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=450_1147&products_id=292

I don't have all of the purchases installed as of yet, so I will comment on quality/fitment/looks on a later post. But, I will say that UMNITZA does work hard to earn your business. And, they are certainly deserving of mine!
A great shop will take an aftermarket bumper and install it and make it look bad, when a mediocre shop that doesn't get as much business may take a little extra time to make the bumpers fit perfectly.

We've shipped so many of these bumpers that the only variable we've found throughout this is the shop, not the bumper.

How else to explain the exact same bumper shipping to 2 different locations going on almost the exact same year car having different fitments? You can't except to say while a body shop may have a great reputation, it ultimately comes down to the installation.

As in the case of the bumpers, they all fit equally well, but the Mtech II is a better replica with better fitment (front AND rear).

M3 bumpers designed for fitment for coupes and sedans do not have a bracket to attach the reinforcement bar into. As such, they fit more "poorly" as in to say, they require a higher level of quality from the SHOP. however, when done right, they look correct.

With over 2K+ bumpers sold, very very few have any issues at all.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #52
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Just bought an M Tech II front from Umnitza...can't wait to get it on there. I will definitely post plenty of fitment pics as well. I have no reason to worry from what I've seen thus far.
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumpers, ddm, m tech, review, umnitza