E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 373 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #1081
ilbmwista

My Ride: 320 ci
How is the max capacity by usb, for HD(Hard Disk) or Pen Drive of my Dynavin V5 D-90 E46 ?

I've tried with pen drive 8gb is ok, but with Hard Disk 120GB is no ok!

Thanks very much!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #1082
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4ren View Post
I'm asking for some help here. I got the modem, and disabled the PIN. At first boot, the Dynavin showed something similar to coverage bars in the titlebar. But after that, when I click on "3G Network" to activate it, I get the message "Connection failed". Do I have to install anything extra?

My modem is like this one:
http://www.dynavin.com/network.php
i dont think u can use a 3g modem on this version, only wifi. my unit displays cell coverage bars and t-mobile network, but it doesnt work. and i dont even have a 3g modem connected

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #1083
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Just found an awesome widget called hotspot toggle which allows you to activate tethering with one touch. Great little tool for your phone so that you can connect to the car easily.
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #1084
singry

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Ok, so maybe this has been talked about before... I am sure it has, I've seen someone mention it on here. I didn't pay attention because I wasn't having that issue or i simply was not noticing that part. When using iGO nav the time seems to always be incorrect, it's as if it resets it self. I always have to set the time to get a correct ETA. Is there a way around this? Or a fix or something...... Anyone?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #1085
singry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoff View Post
Just found an awesome widget called hotspot toggle which allows you to activate tethering with one touch. Great little tool for your phone so that you can connect to the car easily.
I just installed this to try it out, but after installing it I go to open it but it's greyed out.... And I can't see it on the unit. This is the second app I installed and this happens. Anyone having this issue?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #1086
opey

Quote:
Originally Posted by singry View Post
Ok, so maybe this has been talked about before... I am sure it has, I've seen someone mention it on here. I didn't pay attention because I wasn't having that issue or i simply was not noticing that part. When using iGO nav the time seems to always be incorrect, it's as if it resets it self. I always have to set the time to get a correct ETA. Is there a way around this? Or a fix or something...... Anyone?
it seems the system time is always incorrect for me, 1 hour off (on the android side). no setting for daylight savings is the problem i think

Quote:
I just installed this to try it out, but after installing it I go to open it but it's greyed out.... And I can't see it on the unit. This is the second app I installed and this happens. Anyone having this issue?
you would use this on your phone to activate your hotspot, not on the unit.

IR/IR 6 speed
Old 06-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #1087
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Yea, sorry I wasn't clear enough. Hotspot Toggle is a widget for your phone so that you can activate tethering without going through the menus.

Played with iGO quite a bit today. I really like it. The only downside is that it doesn't read street names, but it's worth the price I paid that's for sure. I think it's way more than adequate as an offline nav solution, with the primary nav still being google.

Basically completes my system. Great stuff. Special thanks to Darkoz and anyone else involved in getting us iGO.

Last edited by Danoff; 06-05-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #1088
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
^ maybe have a look here for iGO TTS voice for Android.....
http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...san-jzqBw.aspx

Last edited by Darkoz; 06-05-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #1089
singry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoff View Post
Yea, sorry I wasn't clear enough. Hotspot Toggle is a widget for your phone so that you can activate tethering without going through the menus.

Played with iGO quite a bit today. I really like it. The only downside is that it doesn't read street names, but it's worth the price I paid that's for sure. I think it's way more than adequate as an offline nav solution, with the primary nav still being google.

Basically completes my system. Great stuff. Special thanks to Darkoz and anyone else involved in getting us iGO.
Definitely..... Thanks to DARKOZ for this.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #1090
singry

[QUOTE=opey;13242801]it seems the system time is always incorrect for me, 1 hour off (on the android side). no setting for daylight savings is the problem i think.

So there's no fix for this?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #1091
jmejiaa

My Ride: 2002 M3
You can't set the time in Android manually? I know i can on my phone.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #1092
opey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
You can't set the time in Android manually? I know i can on my phone.
you can but it seems to reset when the unit is turned off. maybe ill try setting it for the wrong time zone

IR/IR 6 speed
Old 06-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #1093
singry

Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
you can but it seems to reset when the unit is turned off. maybe ill try setting it for the wrong time zone
I tried that. I set it for eastern and central. Time zone... It always resets it self. I also uncheck automatic time zone and set it manually.... Same thing.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #1094
josh142

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Maybe its somewhere in this thread but I can't find it.. Im having issues with my bluetooth. It connects and works perfect on my end but the sound is horrible on the other end sounds like wind is blowing severly bad. Is there a control or something I'm missing with this thanks
josh142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #1095
jmejiaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh142 View Post
Maybe its somewhere in this thread but I can't find it.. Im having issues with my bluetooth. It connects and works perfect on my end but the sound is horrible on the other end sounds like wind is blowing severly bad. Is there a control or something I'm missing with this thanks
Where did you mount the mic?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #1096
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
the mic is in the front panel on the android unit so it is susceptible to all the noise in the area, HVAC vents in particular. But keep in mind, at 70mph nothing is going to sound great....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #1097
singry

Antenna

I am about to order this antenna adapter (40-VW53) .... Is there any instruction on here as to how to install it?... i feel like I'm still having reception issues.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #1098
jmejiaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
the mic is in the front panel on the android unit so it is susceptible to all the noise in the area, HVAC vents in particular. But keep in mind, at 70mph nothing is going to sound great....
So does the radio side have an external mic for BT where as Android side has the mic on the unit itself?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #1099
jmejiaa

I actually emailed Dynavin and they said they might have ipod auto-resuming by end of year. Not sure how much we can believe them but they seem to be a reputable company thus far, right?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #1100
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
I am about to order this antenna adapter (40-VW53) .... Is there any instruction on here as to how to install it?... i feel like I'm still having reception issues.
Thanks in advance.
its very easy, the 40-VW53 adapter has a power wire, splice it into the red wire on the dynavin harness to power it.

Quote:
So does the radio side have an external mic for BT where as Android side has the mic on the unit itself?
no you have this backwards. Bluetooth is the built in mic, android is the external mic.

Quote:
I actually emailed Dynavin and they said they might have ipod auto-resuming by end of year. Not sure how much we can believe them but they seem to be a reputable company thus far, right?
I dont see this happening with existing hardware but we can hope.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 06-06-2011 at 12:16 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote