E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #21
logical

My Ride: was sold
They are bearing the cost of stocking an expensive radiator to have it available if someone needs it. If they sell you part of it they now have an expensive item in stock that is unsaleable for the next 2-3 weeks. It would have been nice of them to do it but you should really not make such a big deal about them declining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Have you ever served in an infantry unit? Ever served in a forward area?
I take it it's tough getting radiator drain valves in a hurry there too??

Last edited by logical; 05-30-2011 at 11:15 AM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
olinjohnston

My Ride: Dakar 330Xi + ESS TS
Send a message via AIM to olinjohnston
Maybe it's just me, but I probably wouldn't be burning bridges with the only BMW parts resource in GUAM over a part as stupid and small as this.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #23
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
I like burning bridges.

GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #24
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNuts View Post
I like burning bridges.

GN as long as your not a complete a-hole and you bring up some somewhat smart funny arguments i dont mind.. just no more of your stupid honda crap just put some thought into it like this thread and ill start looking forward to your posts
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #25
mack89

My Ride: '02 TIAG 330i 5spd
Quote:
Then you cant handle the truth

lol
Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #26
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
If other customers walk in and need a radiator replacement, they would lose money by having an incomplete, unsellable unit. What you asked them was more of a favor.
Came to post this very thought. So you would want them to jeopardize a potential $1200 sale for a few weeks, just to sell you a <$10 part today? I mean, if it was your dealership, would you do it that way? No way in hell you would. You'd order the part for the customer (which they offered to do). And you're in f'ing Guam, for crying out loud, it probably takes three weeks just to bring in sunlight out there.

They may be dĄcks in a lot of ways for a dealership, but in this case, as you relate it, I'm with the parts manager...
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #27
lazyacevw

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
If other customers walk in and need a radiator replacement, they would lose money by having an incomplete, unsellable unit. What you asked them was more of a favor.
True it's more of a favor but they said they have 8 radiators in stock and the last time they replaced one was over a year ago. I don't think they would be hurting much.

Since last talking to them, I have placed over $4000 worth of orders from pelicanparts.com. They have my buisness now, not the dealership. And pelicanparts only charged me $70 for shipping (6 packages) so that's not bad. Showed up at my door in 7 days. Not bad for overseas.

I asked the service advisor to see if they could check to see if my car was affected by the airbag recall (99 328i) but they said it was a long process and it took too much paperwork. At they end of our meeting, he said they didn't want to check. Touting that he had been a service advisor since the car was sold (early 2000), he assured me that there was never an airbag recall. I was going to bring the recall paperwork to him (www.nhtsa.gov) but I'm just going to wait until I get back to the states. When I mentioned the website to him and how easy it was to search for the recall, he didn't even budge towards his computer. I said we can look it up but he just shrugged and changed the subject.

I also asked for the service records of the car (it was sold at this dealership) so I can get an idea of what I should keep an eye out for and whats already been replaced, plus I can see if the airbag recall was accomplished. The service advisor said it would be a big pain to go upstairs and look through all the records and it wasn't worth the time. I have called a few times since then and he finally said he would look into doing it for me.

I guess I will see when I get back in the next couple of weeks....
lazyacevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #28
rowdy lee

My Ride: 2000 323ci
haha

Must be the heat and humidity there makes everyone super-lazy at work?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #29
dashoshot

My Ride: 2002 330CI
do u really need a car in Guam?
dashoshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #30
polychrome

My Ride: 2002 325i
Maybe he just needs a little bit of palm grease...
polychrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
alwaysbored786

My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyacevw View Post
Thanks Captain-Save-A-Dealership....

I don't think you understand how parts departments work. The plug has its own part number, they can and do order and sell parts with part numbers. It's not like I'm asking them to cut out a square of carpet for them to sell to me. I offered to pay retail for a part that they normally carry. They were just out. And on top of that, I offered to pay retail + shipping for the one they would order to put back in their radiator.

ECStuning sells the OE part for $5.75 so I will safely assume the dealership gets the part at or below this cost. The dealer here charges $8. I offered to pay it double equaling $16, netting them a 230% + profit (sounds about right for any service offered by the dealership).

Just last month I had spent $1600 getting the car serviced and then they tell me they won't sell me a part that they have, that I need.

Please don't comment on posts that you are confused about. You bring nothing but bull**** to the table.
They dont HAVE to sell you anything if they dont want to.

Also keep in mind, if they sold you that screw out of the radiator, and maybe 2 days later someone needed that radiator and it was the only one left, they couldn't sell it due to the missing screw. So they just lost out on a couple hundred bucks because they sold a $7 screw?

Gotta think reasonably my man.

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto, automobiles, dealership, guam, prestige