E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #21
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Those look like snowboarding pants lol!
Yeah I noticed that too. Kinda goofy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot1 View Post
Nice EBR

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #22
Slipknot1

My Ride: 03 M3
Thanks! Nice SBR
10.5" VLTOR upper?
Slipknot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #23
Slipknot1

Here's another pic of the EBR. Did you put that SBR together? Piston or direct impingement?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #24
Reedo302

It's a custom build VLTOR MUR upper receiver with a Daniel Defense CHF 11.5" Govt Profile w/ Low-profile gas block and DD LITE Rail, on a LaRue Tactical billet lower. Check out the last two pages of the AR build thread further down the main Gun Talk page. I have a couple builds on there. This one is just the latest.

What reticle are you running on the Mark4?

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 06-17-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD

Tis shiner than it appears.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #26
Slipknot1

My leupold has mil-dot reticle. I'm planning on putting together a sbr. Next project. Thinking about having a piston driven AR. Any suggestion?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #27
Reedo302

Quote:
My leupold has mil-dot reticle. I'm planning on putting together a sbr. Next project. Thinking about having a piston driven AR. Any suggestion?
If you're going piston, don't use an aftermarket kit. Kits like the CMMG or other "conversion" kits are highly problematic and unreliable. If you want piston-driven, buy a dedicated platform that has been built around the piston operation design. Buy a pre-built upper like a POF P415, Barrett REC-7, LWRCi M6 or an HK MR556. Those are the best options on the market, and have proven to be the most reliable and durable.

I build ARs on the side, but I don't touch piston builds. It's pre-built from one of the above companies, or else I won't do it. I prefer DI myself, and all of the rifles I've built for people have been DI and been superbly reliable.

Glock Armorer

Old 06-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #28
Slipknot1

I've previously owned a POF and I personally didn't like their predator rail system. I liked how pistons ran way cleaner than DI ar's. Less maintenance but the predator rail bugged the crap out of me cuz I had to take it off whenever I had to clean it. The rail goes all the way back to the charging handle and if you are running optics you have to take it off in order to take the rail off.

I've got my eyes on some lwrci rifles right now. HK rifles are a little too much for me haha 3 grand for one ar? Are they really that good?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #29
Reedo302

Quote:
I've previously owned a POF and I personally didn't like their predator rail system. I liked how pistons ran way cleaner than DI ar's. Less maintenance but the predator rail bugged the crap out of me cuz I had to take it off whenever I had to clean it. The rail goes all the way back to the charging handle and if you are running optics you have to take it off in order to take the rail off.

I've got my eyes on some lwrci rifles right now. HK rifles are a little too much for me haha 3 grand for one ar? Are they really that good?
POF claims that the AR upper receiver was drastically weakened by the removal of the carry handle for the flattop picatinny rail, and that's why they put the rail over the top of their upper receivers. It's supposed to add rigidity. I have yet to see any instance where it's been proven that the upper receiver has failed due to lack of rigidity, but whatever. POFs are good rifles regardless, so I won't knock them.

LWRCi is a good way to go. I hear good things about them, and also the Barretts.
Are HKs worth it? No. But if you want to spend the money, you'll get quality you can count on. I just personally wouldn't spend the money in the first place.

I think if I owned a piston AR, it'd likely be a .308 model like the P308. However, DI rifles are more accurate, and a .308 AR for me would be for precision shooting, and DI would again be what I'd go with.

Glock Armorer

Old 06-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #30
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #31
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
I only have indoor ranges close to me

(I'm on the left in these two)

My ex:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #32
chriscf17

My Ride: 1999 BMW 328i Sport
Photobucket

Me on the far side shooting the Barrett M99.
chriscf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #33
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Cheapo Marlin 60 3shots @ 50yds

10/10/10 drill(10shots/10yds/under 10seconds w/ a 9" paper plate) with M&P9c.. Try this one next time your at the range it isn't easy with a carry gun.

one of my latest a 9mm Keltec sub 2000 with glock mags.. even more fun working up 124gr 1650fps and 90gr 2090fps loads
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote