E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #21
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterITGuy View Post
All of your points are just based on ignorance. Dysfunctional heterosexual marriages are as abundant as homosexual ones may become, but that doesn't mean comparing human rights and equality to marrying animals brings any light to your argument.

Also, I hope you realize gays don't choose their preference, only actions - just like straights. The legalization of same sex marriages is not anything that has the capacity to compel others into what you personally view as a disgusting lifestyle.

But to draw a more realistic example than what you did with farm animals - if this "disgusting" demographic was as ignorant and politically vested as people like you, you would see just how much worse ignorance and hate is.

Open your mind.

through all of your rambling you say i am the hateful one but i bring up i don't agree with gay marriage and you start with ignorant this and ignorant that. maybe you should open your mind that there will be people that don't agree with everything you do.

hmmm "open your mind". i can bring up some actions that you probably think are taboo and use that same phrase. there are people that are born with a disorder which makes them touch young kids maybe you should open your mind about a father touching his 10 year old daughter right?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
MisterITGuy

My Ride: 04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
through all of your rambling you say i am the hateful one but i bring up i don't agree with gay marriage and you start with ignorant this and ignorant that. maybe you should open your mind that there will be people that don't agree with everything you do.

hmmm "open your mind". i can bring up some actions that you probably think are taboo and use that same phrase. there are people that are born with a disorder which makes them touch young kids maybe you should open your mind about a father touching his 10 year old daughter right?
The only way anything you said makes sense is if you believe homosexuality is unnatural and immoral. I just don't think it is that. I do think pedophiles are in a different camp though, yes. That is wrong, and I hope you can understand that is a different subject...

Accepting your peers who are doing no harm is not anywhere near as radical as any parallel you have tried to tie to this is. I don't see what the big deal is and why people are so opposed to **** like this, that's all.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #23
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
The only way anything you said makes sense is if you believe homosexuality is unnatural and immoral. I just don't think it is that. I do think pedophiles are in a different camp though, yes. That is wrong, and I hope you can understand that is a different subject...

Accepting your peers who are doing no harm is not anywhere near as radical as any parallel you have tried to tie to this is. I don't see what the big deal is and why people are so opposed to **** like this, that's all.
i believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. burn me at the stake.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
MisterITGuy

Quote:
i believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. burn me at the stake.
I actually don't disagree. It was a religious term that meant that.. before the government took it over.

If the fight was over equal rights, I don't see why it can't be called something else - just something with the same rights. Oh well.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #25
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
I actually don't disagree. It was a religious term that meant that.. before the government took it over.

If the fight was over equal rights, I don't see why it can't be called something else - just something with the same rights. Oh well.

i am not religious at all so that has no bias on my views. if you say people are born gay than maybe i was born not to accept it. nature is about balance
Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
MisterITGuy

Quote:
i am not religious at all so that has no bias on my views. if you say people are born gay than maybe i was born not to accept it. nature is about balance
Not religious either. But ya... balance love with hate. How true =P.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #27
faelar
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Open your mind.
That's one trait most conservatives will never be able to attain. After all, being conservative is to "limit change".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.

Last edited by faelar; 06-26-2011 at 09:30 PM.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #28
MisterITGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post
That's one trait most conservatives will never be able to attain.
Such a rational outlook..

How unappealing.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #29
faelar
Big Pimpin'

Quote:
Such a rational outlook..

How unappealing.
During Roman times they didn't have a problem with homosexuality. Hell, orgies were the weekend affair.

Don't worry, the human race will continue to evolve. Sooner or later this religious crap will loose its grasp on humanity. It's just a phase we are going through.

Quote:
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #30
MisterITGuy

Quote:
During Roman times they didn't have a problem with homosexuality. Hell, orgies were the weekend affair.

Don't worry, the human race will continue to evolve. Sooner or later this religious crap will loose its grasp on humanity. It's just a phase we are going through.
Yeah. In Greece it was even encouraged.

I just hope to outlive this phase, since I am getting quite tired of it. That may be a high hope, though.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #31
mistrzmiasta

Quote:

at least religious crap promotes procreation and which in essence promotes evolution. yes let's promote something that will eventually limit procreation. you need to check your definition of evolution.

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 06-26-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #32
SalM

My Ride: Shhh
Quote:
Hell, orgies were the weekend affair.

SalMPhotography

Last edited by SalM; 06-26-2011 at 09:56 PM.
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #33
MisterITGuy

Quote:
at least religious crap promotes procreation and which in essence promotes evolution. yes let's promote something that will eventually limit procreation. you need to check your definition of evolution.
Have you realized that we can solve overpopulation and hunger at the same exact time?

Maybe some ignorance and "dicks are just for making babies" attitude can get swallowed too.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #34
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
And let us not forget that if you go back to the book of genesis, the religious crap promotes and ordains incest.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #35
MisterITGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
And let us not forget that if you go back to the book of genesis, the religious crap promotes and ordains incest.
Stoning of children is cool, too. I think I'd be okay with that one, though.... haha.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #36
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
make a thread about it. yes i agree religion should just disappear but in this case it has a point. now if you make a thread about how bad incest is and how religion promotes it , i'll gladly join and condemn religion for that and crack jokes about how stupid it is. now for the last time: i believe marriage should be between a man and a woman and i don't think i am underdeveloped because i feel that way. now if you super evolved beings think you are far advanced than us primitive folk well than i can't change your mind i guess and i'm not even trying to.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #37
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

In all seriousness. I have heard these arguments against same-gender marriage before. But, I never hear the reasoning behind them.
Quote:
-It would weaken the definition and respect for the institution of marriage.
How does it weaken the definition and/or respect for it. If opposite gender couples are allowed to marry, in what way does this "harm" them or the institution?

Quote:
-It would further weaken the traditional family values essential to our society.
Just what are these values? And what makes them essential to our society?

Quote:
-It could provide a slippery slope in the legality of marriage (e.g. having multiple wives or marrying an animal could be next).
Same gender marriage is still between two consenting adults. If anything, moving marriage away from a "religious" definition would make it less likely for multiple wives (or husbands) as there are religious books, old testament and book of mormon for example, that are instances and arguments where multiple wives/husbands are based on. As for animals (i.e. not human) they cannot give their consent. The risk is just the same in opposite gender only marriage, is it not.

Quote:
-The gay lifestyle is not something to be encouraged, as a lot of research shows it leads to a much lower life expectancy, psychological disorders, and other problems
Actually studies are emerging that the opposite can be true. Instances of prostate cancer are being found to be lower in homosexual males than hetrosexual males. The instances of HIV transmission have dropped substantially from 92 per 100 in the 80's to 5 per 100 in 2006. Women now account for 43% of all HIV infected people over the age of 15 (New York Times, 11/98). In just over a decade, the proportion of all AIDS cases reported among adult and adolescent women tripled, from 7% in 1985 to 22% in 1997. It is also worth noting that on avg gay men and women are generally in higher income brackets and have more college degrees per captia than their straight counter-parts.

Quote:
furthermore i don't dislike gays for any reason , i am just disgusted by homosexuality. do i go around looking for gays to beat up and yell anti-gay slurs at? no.
What is it that disgusts you about homosexuality?

Again, this is not trying to be rude or "hate on you". Just curious as to your reasoning of those statements.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #38
mistrzmiasta

Quote:

What is it that disgusts you about homosexuality?

Again, this is not trying to be rude or "hate on you". Just curious as to your reasoning of those statements.

to me it is unnatural.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #39
faelar
Big Pimpin'

Quote:
at least religious crap promotes procreation and which in essence promotes evolution.
Yes, and we see what a great job religious procreation has done in regards to the evolution of mankind and the planet we live on. How many wars exactly have been fought directly or indirectly in the name of religion? You are factoring in the amount of death that has resulted as well correct?

Quote:
Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #40
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:
to me it is unnatural.
OK. Your beliefs are your beliefs and that's cool.

There are any number of species which willingly engage in homosexual pairings. Dolphins are but one instance, and the behavior has been observed in other, non-human mammals. Also, from a strict bio-chemical standpoint, the testosterone producing male is more naturally interested in the act of ejaculation/orgasm than pair bonding, given the release of norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, & vasopressin.

So I must disagree with your reasoning. But, to each their own.