E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
tl227

My Ride: -
WTB E46 01-03 xi VA

Looking to buy an e46 xi with around 150k miles on it, appropriately priced. Willing to drive a decent distance for the right car.

Thanks
tl227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
tl227

bump
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
DasQvck

My Ride: '07 Silverado diesel
Considering selling my '01 330xi, 163k and a few upgrades

Hey, I was looking around on the classifieds to get a feel for the market on xi's. I've been toying with the idea of selling mine. I like the car, but it's just one more mouth to feed. I live in the Hampton Roads area and my schedule is pretty flexible (especially next week) if you want to see or drive the car. Here's some info on it:

2001 330xi
163k miles
5-speed
Steel Blue Metallic
Grey Leather interior
OEM Style 79 17" Wheels with Conti Extreme Contact DWS tires (<5k on tires)
Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Sunroof
Leather
HK Premium Sound System
HID headlights
Dynamic Stability Control
Cold A/C, Cruise, Power everything, heated seats, etc.

Upgrades and Changes:
H&R Sport Springs with matching Bilstein shocks*
*Except Driver's Side Rear, which was replaced before I bought it with a cheap off-the-shelf shock (I can't tell that it affects the handling).
EBC Slotted and Dimpled Front Rotors with Ceramic Pads
EBC Rear Rotors with High-Performance pads
(rotors and pads have <10kmiles)
Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Tube and High-Flow filter
RUFUS sport muffler (has a nice tone to it without being overbearing)
Lightly tinted windows all around (5% I think, it's not much)
Leather shift knob
2005 (MP3 and Sirius compatible) CD player with Aux Input line
PowerFlex Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings (<10k miles ago)
Cold-Weather CCV Valve
New Alternator (Spring 2010, <15k miles ago)
New Oil Pan Gasket (not installed)
New Short Shifter (not installed)
Custom Painted wheels (Gloss Medium Grey on the spokes with a machined lip)
Phosphyre Angel Eyes (only have two rings, one around each high-beam headlamp)
New Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs (just put them in yesterday and MAN what a difference)
Fresh oil change just the other day

The problems:
Only one fog light works and I've not looked at it to see what the problem is. It might just be a bulb.
It has a faulty oil level sensor (common problem for these cars) and the oil level warning light comes on briefly every time you start the car despite having the proper oil level.
The power steering reservoir and hoses leak enough to leave a light residue after 500 miles or so of driving.
It has an expected amount of oil leaks and oil usage (uses about 1 qt every 500 miles)
Two very minor, quarter-sized, rust spots. One at the trunk latch and one under the front lip of the hood on the driver's side (neither is very noticeable or hard to fix, I just haven't gotten around to it yet)
Minor water leaks during very heavy rains that result in dampness in the driver's foot well (doesn't seem to be hurting anything, it's just a minor annoyance)
Cupholder in the console needs to be replaced, it doesn't stay put when you try to lift out a cup that fits tightly in the holder.

...And that's everything, honestly everything, that I know to be good and bad about the car. The thing is a dream to drive. The sport suspension is perfect, even on these pothole filled roads, it's firm but not too stiff. It's a great daily driver that gets an honest 28 mpg on the highway @ 70mph. I'm an ASE certified master tech if that helps any. I won't hide anything from you. I'm in no hurry to sell the car, so I've nothing to lose by telling all.

I'm asking $8,000, that's about what I have invested in the car right now. Check out my pics and let me know if you're interested. I can always send more pics, videos, info, or whatever you want.

Cheers,

Brannen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3728.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	407716   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3705a.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	407718   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3700.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	407719  
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
tl227

Thank you for the reply unfortunately a little bit over my price range since you have all those mods. But very nice car.
Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
DasQvck

My Ride: '07 Silverado diesel
Thanks for the compliment. Good luck with your search.