DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
|07-05-2011, 07:09 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2009
My Ride: E46 330ci
Super Bright LED Angel Eyes Install with "Remote On" Feature
YOU CAN CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO MAKE THEM POP UP IN A BIGGER SIZE
I just installed a bunch of these kits on my friends cars and thought i would share with everyone else.
I have some kits left over for sale here http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=854174 or you can pm me about it.
Here we go !
1. Open the box an lay out all your angel eyes supplies. You should have 1-Harness 4-Rings, 4-8 clips, some zip ties.
2.Get your tools out. You need:
- 10mm,13mm, 19mm sockets
- 5mm Hex socket
- Standard and Phillips Screwdrivers
- Side Cutters ( To cut zip ties)
- Rag (To clean inside the headlight and lens)
3.First thing I like to do is connect the wiring harness, that way I can test out the angel eyes before I close up the headlight incase they are damaged or defective.
Start off by laying out the wire harness.
4. Then connect the Harness.
Loosen the negative terminal using the 19MM socket and then slide the black wire and ring terminal on top and tighten it
Slide off the cover covering the +12 Connection and loosen the nut, remove the nut and place the red wire and ring terminal below it and then tighten it again.
Secure the relay to something, I chose to zip tie it to the main power wire.
4. Now tie up all the wires and route the wires to the head lights. I managed to squeeze the wire going to the passenger side headlight through one of the rubber grommets.
5. For the drivers side you can run the wire through the wire tunnel, you just pry open the clips and squeeze the wire through.
6. Now open the DME cover, there are 4 5mm Hex bolts.
7. Locate the accessory wire and use a tap to connect the white wire to it.
8. Continue running the wires down to the driver head light, make sure to tie them up.
9. Now loosen the screw holding your turn signal
10. Remove the headlight gasket by pressing down on the clips
11. Carefully remove the lower headlight trim by pressing in the tabs/clips, there is one on each end.
12. Now pop open the head light lens, there are 7 tabs, you can use a screwdriver to make thing easier.
13. Now pull out the headlight trim, it should pull straight out
14. Prepare the angel eyes by sliding 2 clips on each of the rings at the top flat part. You need to pry them open slightly by using your fingers
15. Remove the high beam bulb and rubber cap. Route the wire in and make sure it comes out behind the high beam, Cut a small slit and squeeze the wires through.
16. Now install the rings, the clips slide on above the headlight, adjust them until they look like they are correctly in place. Make sure you dont push the ring on the headlight too close to the projector housing, being that it is auto leveling it will move around, so leave a little wiggle room.
17. Now connect the angel eyes to the harness, red to red black to black. Turn on your car and check if they are working properly. If they are working fine just put everything back together and your done... Unless you want the "remote on" feature, then you have a few more steps.
----- REMOTE ON FEATURE
1. Start off by removing the glove box, there are 5 screws.
2. Poke or cut a small hole in the extra ports on the firewall boot. Then feed the yellow wire through it.
3.Remove the plug from the footwell light then pull the wire through and tap it into the passenger footwell light wire which is red or red and something, brown is usually always ground on German cars.
4. Put everything back together.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|