E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #41
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc336 View Post
HI, ok this is the first time i have an e46 2000 manual trasmission, sedan,

but the first time i tried to test my car, i think i got the differential damage.

my question is> i know this car is not for race even to drift, but is there any other possiblitiy to use my car hard? i just whant to take the rpm very strong and take a little of speed and shift several times.

why this people in these videos can do that??? i did it and my car fail , now ithe diferential is damaged,

please check,

can i do that with an stock e46????

thanks.
So your goal is to turn it into a race car?

You heard what you did because most here sort of assumed that you were new here, just got the car, are learning to drive a manual, and don't have another car as a daily driver.

Do you mind if I ask approximately how much $ you have to invest in the car as a dedicated drifter? Assume, no matter what you do, you'll be spending a lot on tires, so you'll want to get sponsors or have a lot of money.

On the street, you'll run into things and thus need money for wheels, suspension parts, etc.

The engine and interior compartment will be fine, though you'd need to reinforce the subframe...you don't 'need' the $5000 bmw repair, but could probably get something decent done for around $1000.

If it's going to be pushed hard, you'll want to research getting harder everything too. I don't know about how much welding a diff costs, but I do know I can get my back out by turning off asc/dsc...especially on wet curvy roads!

I won't drift, though. I have kids and like seeing them...but not hitting them...or yours!

Please have a beer and read the posts again, but this time, pretend someone else started the thread. You'll find it both very funny and informative!

Serious...don't be mad. You kind of seem that way now!

dmax on the radio--answering all your car questions as best I can!
watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!
https://www.facebook.com/DMaxstandup
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #42
jdc336
Banned

My Ride: 323i
im just thinking about the lsd , but first the rokkor coilovers, im not really looking for confort, the bmw engine its awasome , plus lsd and coilvers, thats exactly what im gonna get. cant wait , thats why im selling a oz italy 19" rims.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #43
jdc336
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
So your goal is to turn it into a race car?

You heard what you did because most here sort of assumed that you were new here, just got the car, are learning to drive a manual, and don't have another car as a daily driver.

Do you mind if I ask approximately how much $ you have to invest in the car as a dedicated drifter? Assume, no matter what you do, you'll be spending a lot on tires, so you'll want to get sponsors or have a lot of money.

On the street, you'll run into things and thus need money for wheels, suspension parts, etc.

The engine and interior compartment will be fine, though you'd need to reinforce the subframe...you don't 'need' the $5000 bmw repair, but could probably get something decent done for around $1000.

If it's going to be pushed hard, you'll want to research getting harder everything too. I don't know about how much welding a diff costs, but I do know I can get my back out by turning off asc/dsc...especially on wet curvy roads!

I won't drift, though. I have kids and like seeing them...but not hitting them...or yours!

Please have a beer and read the posts again, but this time, pretend someone else started the thread. You'll find it both very funny and informative!

Serious...don't be mad. You kind of seem that way now!

I DONT WHANT MY CAR exactly for drifting, just for fun, im aware its expensive but ill do it. i just whanted to know how those guys made that drift.

lsd plus coilovers

now im able to choose whats next on my car. coilovers, and then lsd. itsworth.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #44
SHK&BAK3

My Ride: rustles jimmies
Problem one: NO LSD

Problem two: 323i

Problem three: you are dumb
Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #45
jdc336
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHK&BAK3 View Post

DUMB YOUR MOM.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #46
dmax

Quote:
I DONT WHANT MY CAR exactly for drifting, just for fun, im aware its expensive but ill do it. i just whanted to know how those guys made that drift.

lsd plus coilovers

now im able to choose whats next on my car. coilovers, and then lsd. itsworth.
jdc,

So you know where I'm coming from, I'm 55 and still alive, so they tell me.

I'm smarter than most, type really quickly, and love my car. I'm going to try one time to translate what you've heard and help you understand why it would be best for you to get another plan for fun with your car.

First, it's an amazing car, and you don't know that fully yet. Drifting is something I wouldn't do with my car because I don't have the money I know that would cost...especially...especially if I only did a little of it.

Drifting and not wrecking the car is not something you just do because you think the car could be made to do it. If you think like that, and you do because you started this thread, then I can assure you that you yourself are not experienced enough to be able to do that yet. Racing itself takes years to be able to do well and safely. For fun, you can find a local track and begin by taking lessons.

You could drift a smart car, but that's not what it's made for.

But more this...you need to begin reading fanatics much more...not just about what you care about, but about the issues you'll have with the car anyway, and which you need to be prepared for.

In two years you can get your car right, and I'm guessing there's a lot that needs to be done to ensure it's reliable...but maybe I'm wrong.

If you don't have a lot of money, nor have another car, just work on turning your car into the bmw it was out of the factory, master the handling of the car in just normal, fun driving.... I think you'll love the car, but seeing your opening post makes me pretty sure that right now your car isn't all bmw...part of that is the car and I think part of that is you.

If you go into a turn thinking what gear you should be in, or are still fiddling with the washer controls, or listen to the radio instead of the car, I think more time with your car is needed. You're still getting in your car; I'm one with mine...except I still have to turn the steering wheel occasionally!

Trying to help...and so is everyone. My apologies if you're over 40 and filthy rich...if so, happy to help all I can with helping you achieve your dream...otherwise, hold on the dream and work on the car's fundamentals and wash it really well.

If she knew what you just wrote, she'd fail to crank tomorrow unless you wash thoughts like those off. They do know what you think, you know. Fortunately, they can't really read quite yet!

Quote:

OP, see what I mean. If shake wasn't talking about you, you'd think this a very funny post!

watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #47
jdc336
Banned

Quote:
jdc,

I'm smarter than most, type really quickly, and love my car. I'm going to try one time to translate what you've heard and help you understand why it would be best for you to get another plan for fun with your car.

First, it's an amazing car, and you don't know that fully yet. Drifting is something I wouldn't do with my car because I don't have the money I know that would cost...especially...especially if I only did a little of it.

Drifting and not wrecking the car is not something you just do because you think the car could be made to do it. If you think like that, and you do because you started this thread, then I can assure you that you yourself are not experienced enough to be able to do that yet. Racing itself takes years to be able to do well and safely. For fun, you can find a local track and begin by taking lessons.

But more this...you need to begin reading fanatics much more...not just about what you care about, but about the issues you'll have with the car anyway, and which you need to be prepared for.

In two years you can get your car right, and I'm guessing there's a lot that needs to be done to ensure it's reliable...but maybe I'm wrong.

If you don't have a lot of money, nor have another car, just work on turning your car into the bmw it was out of the factory, master the handling of the car in just normal, fun driving.... I think you'll love the car, but seeing your opening post makes me pretty sure that right now your car isn't all bmw...part of that is the car and I think part of that is you.

If you go into a turn thinking what gear you should be in, or are still fiddling with the washer controls, or listen to the radio instead of the car, I think more time with your car is needed. You're still getting in your car; I'm one with mine...except I still have to turn the steering wheel occasionally!

Trying to help...and so is everyone. My apologies if you're over 40 and filthy rich...if so, happy to help all I can with helping you achieve your dream...otherwise, hold on the dream and work on the car's fundamentals and wash it really well.

If she knew what you just wrote, she'd fail to crank tomorrow unless you wash thoughts like those off. They do know what you think, you know. Fortunately, they can't really read quite yet!

OP, see what I mean. If shake wasn't talking about you, you'd think this a very funny post!
thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #48
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Rokkor coilovers are not gonna make you "drift"

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #49
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
DUMB YOUR MOM.
Such elegance in words is exemplary. You have managed to say in three mere words everything we need to know about you and your level of intelligence. And to add immeasurably to the lulz in this exciting thread.

Drift on! Let no one keep you from your dream. Buy your "coilovers, and then lsd. itsworth." Good luck! My daring new friend!

Here's something for your masturbatory pleasure:

Have fun!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #50
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
This thread is a joke.

E46fanatics has gone to sh!t.

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
Old 07-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #51
Jmanscotch

My Ride: makes my pants tight
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
This thread is a joke.

GONE TO SH!T YOUR MOM
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #52
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
This thread is a joke.

because racist?

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #53
TekNoire7

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post
GONE TO SH!T YOUR MOM
Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #54
SHK&BAK3

My Ride: rustles jimmies
Quote:
thanks
Quote:
This thread is a joke.

Quote:
jdc,

I always meant to ask you why you type such a long comment...
Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #55
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Because DUMB YOUR MOM sometimes just won't do...
Old 07-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #56
JerzyBoy973

My Ride: 01 330ci
guys...

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!!!

facepalm
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #57
dmax

Quote:
So that's a hypothetical at the moment, I suppose.

You're not asking me that, are you. I don't want to ruin this thread...but would be glad to otherwise generally chat about it!

That took me 10 secs. to type...or thereabouts. Now maybe 13...

Someday I hope my thinking catches up with my typing!

Please 'friend' me!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #58
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
Because DUMB YOUR MOM sometimes just won't do...
But, you have to admit, it works perfectly about 99% of the time! I'm going to add it to my list of possibles now!

Please 'friend' me!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #59
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzyBoy973 View Post
guys...

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!!!

facepalm
Troll?

He's a fellow fanatic with a dream. We're here to help him make it a lucid dream without whatever drug the guys use for doing that.

Where would this place be without trolls? Just what kind of fanatics fantasy do you have?

We can save this kids thousands of dollars. He'll start reading others threads and realize what he has in store, and I know he'll do maintenance before sliding out into tree.

The usual wager on the calendar? I'm going with August 4. (OP, be careful that day...and if you don't mind...do you happen to have heated leather sport seats in beige?

Please 'friend' me!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #60
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post
GONE TO SH!T YOUR MOM