E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #61
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
...THE HELL ARE YOU SPOOKS UP TO

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #62
CoupeMagic323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
oh **** its Clint! run for cover!!
take a winding road if your in a e46
CoupeMagic323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #63
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Sorry I'm late, I was out battling some cars on the highway. I tell ya, it's tough out there, but I live my life a milemarker at a time.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #64
BMW_SSG

My Ride: '02 325i|'11 GT500
Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_SSG
Just last night I was cruising on the I-10 heading towards El Paso, TX from Lawton, OK and I passed this Acura Integra while i was going around 100 mph. Not thinking anything because i have been passing cars all day... Well the Integra catches up to me (I am in my '11 GT500 mind you) and wants to try and out run me. I let him go for a while, then say "F" it and punch it, 155 mph come up fast, I prove my point and I let off the gas. He comes up on my butt again and changes lanes to pass, He guns it, I faint him and he launches forward. We round a curve, (I am back on cruise control at 100 mph), as i come around the apex of the curve, he is in the the middle of the ditch and his front bumper and hood were wrapped around the sides of his car... Dummy. I am lucky and needless to say I won't be needing to do that any more.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #65
CoupeMagic323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
good to hear your not that guy man. wonder if hes ok..

Last edited by CoupeMagic323ci; 07-19-2011 at 12:02 AM.
CoupeMagic323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #66
BMW_SSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeMagic323ci View Post
good to hear your safe man.
It was childish, I know. but sometimes that side gets the better of me. Plus with 550hp at my right foot... it doesn't help. Those two guys in the Integra were fine, just shaken up I am sure.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #67
Levreault

My Ride: 325i
Man... true story!!(somewhat) I was driving down the highway in the left lane.. tryin to pass a garbage truck. We were FLYIN! He musta been doin almost 65! He saw that I was tryin to pass him in the left lane, and he wasn't having nonna that. He wanted to BATTLE!!! So his trash gnome started throwin little pieces of trash off the truck, trying to scratch my paint! So I sped up and moved half over the rumble strips to save what i could of my paint, and drove right past the cop sitting in the median at the crest of the hill... err..

the cop didn't like that.. so he came out into traffic and started racing people... he swerved back and forth thru traffic til he was past me (i should have jumped off the highway once he passed)... anyway.. he had to go ahead of me to find the car with no front plate (me)... I thought he was just trying to BATTLE me too.. so I revved my engine (total fabrication)... anyway,.. got pulled over... told cop i swerved to avoid trash hittin my car.. and he gave me a warning to put a front plate on. THen I sped off and battled a mobile home!

Moral of the story: WHen you battle, you pay attention to the wrong things
Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #68
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
meh, I ignore anything with an automatic, 4 cylinders, insanely modded cars or anything out there unless I know them and or know some of the specs of their car and determine if it would be interesting...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #69
beeemerdude
Banned User

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
Why is it......that whenever I toodle along (& I mean "toodle") there is always a new Mustang owner or new Audi owner who drives up beside me, and either revs their engine or want to race or slow down beside me for a few lengths just show off their car to me? I mean,..I drive a 325ci cabrio,...not a Lamborghini. Are they jealous when they see the BMW nameplate ahead of them on the double lane so they have to show me their stuff? Am I "asking" for this?...I don't get it. Do they not know that I am the cheapest bstrd on the planet, so... NO,.. I do not want to red-line my 5spd nor waste my gas or time to show off back to a 22yr old who just "leased" his possession?........I have a paid-for 325, not an M3.

I wonder if I actually annoy them by continuing my "toodling" & let them waste their gas with their antics?.....Oh well, rant is done.

PS. Oh,...but I DO get the occas'l E46 owner who will come up beside me (esp'lly when my top is down)...& we'll give the nods or thumbs up. Now "that's" cool.
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #70
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_SSG View Post
Just last night I was cruising on the I-10 heading towards El Paso, TX from Lawton, OK and I passed this Acura Integra while i was going around 100 mph. Not thinking anything because i have been passing cars all day... Well the Integra catches up to me (I am in my '11 GT500 mind you) and wants to try and out run me. I let him go for a while, then say "F" it and punch it, 155 mph come up fast, I prove my point and I let off the gas. He comes up on my butt again and changes lanes to pass, He guns it, I faint him and he launches forward. We round a curve, (I am back on cruise control at 100 mph), as i come around the apex of the curve, he is in the the middle of the ditch and his front bumper and hood were wrapped around the sides of his car... Dummy. I am lucky and needless to say I won't be needing to do that any more.
I never bother with integras, civics etc. wether stock or turbocharged doesn't matter. if stock. i'll win if turbo'd i'll loose unless i have 600 hp.

street racing strangers is dumb imo
Old 07-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #71
BMW_SSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe46fan View Post

street racing strangers is dumb imo
True, i just couldn't resist... but true non-the-less
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #72
elitewolverine

My Ride: 02' M3 Coupe
wait wait wait....you were going slow enough for someone to catch up to you? f-in amatuer...

elitewolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #73
BMW_SSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitewolverine View Post
wait wait wait....you were going slow enough for someone to catch up to you? f-in amatuer...

I know... I don't have any excuses for it either... Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp