E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
trwmplr

My Ride: 2004 330ci
H&R street performance vs. KW street comfort

I need to lower my 2004 330ci now that I have put on my new wheels.

I know I want to reduce the fender gap to give it a clean sporty appearance, and im not planning on slamming or anything really low. I also know I want the ride quality to change as little as possible when compared to factory sport suspension on 18 inch wheels.

I realize that lowering my car in any way is going to make it ride stiffer, but my goal is to have it on height adjustable coilovers that won't completely change the character of my car.

I don't plan on ever tracking this car, so adjustable dampers are not a priority.

I'm willing to spend up to around $1500

Cruising around the Internet I have narrowed it down to two different coilovers that are both more focused on comfort instead of track days compared to other offerings.

KW Street Comfort and H&R Street Performance

Any opinions about these sytems are welcome to be shared here, I wanna make sure I'm doing this right
trwmplr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
3bananas

My Ride: 1998 328is
kw are oft recommended

Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by trwmplr View Post
I need to lower my 2004 330ci now that I have put on my new wheels.

I know I want to reduce the fender gap to give it a clean sporty appearance, and im not planning on slamming or anything really low. I also know I want the ride quality to change as little as possible when compared to factory sport suspension on 18 inch wheels.

I realize that lowering my car in any way is going to make it ride stiffer, but my goal is to have it on height adjustable coilovers that won't completely change the character of my car.

I don't plan on ever tracking this car, so adjustable dampers are not a priority.

I'm willing to spend up to around $1500.......

OP, take a look at Ground Control adjustable coilover springs & Koni FSD. I think this setup can out perform the other ones, based on your needs.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=124/CA=251

This is the Koni FSD part number you need for lowering springs #2100 4006

http://www.koni-na.com/fsd.cfm

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&highlight=fsd

Good luck.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
todd@tmrtuning
Past Site Sponsor

KW , especially with that lifetime warranty cant go wrong.
todd@tmrtuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd@tmrtuning View Post
KW , especially with that lifetime warranty cant go wrong.
kw for the win a todd can hook you up on a set of kw coils
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
trippmann

My Ride: E30
Send a message via AIM to trippmann
your going to get a set of coils, adjust them once and never touch them again. just get shocks and springs or a cup kit. i have the h&r sport cup and i love the way it sits, and it isnt harsh AT ALL. zero harshness. nada,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
^It seriously was the worst decision of my life to sign up for this site.
trippmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
trwmplr

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Thanks for the feedback everybody
The reason I'm not comfortable just buying lowering springs is because im looking for much less of a drop than average, I know exactly where I want the car to sit and i want to be able to dial it in myself
trwmplr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330ci, coilovers, comfort, suspension