Insurance on your SC - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Account closed per your request.count closed per your request.
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 476
Insurance on your SC


To those that have a SC of any sort... or for that matter, any serious modifications to the car, did you try to get the modifications insured? I am nearing the final steps of deciding when to SC my car, and I've found that USAA and Geico both will not do either stated value on a car, or even increase the value of the insurance to cover any performance, ICE, body mods at all. The best I've heard is that "it may be taken into consideration, but it depends."

So... anyone have insurance, and if so, with who? If not, why not.. ?


guest081815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
-not a mod-
budman's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South Flo Rida
Posts: 31,644
My Ride: ..
If its part of the car the insurance should cover it if anything happens. I cracked my windshield and insurance covered the tint on it too, since it was attached to the window. All was replaced. I go through USAA too.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Account closed per your request.count closed per your request.
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 476
I was on the phone with USAA for a few hours this morning... they won't pay back anything over total cost of vehicle.. the insurance I have now is a stated value insurance.. i.e., I insured my car for 37k. I get 37k no matter what, as long as I keep paying the premium. No depreciation. I wanted something similar with USAA because they are generally cheaper than what I have now (Chubb), but they won't do a stated value price.

Especially considering I am about to invest an additional 6+k into my car, I want to insure that crap in case of total loss....

That is when it's the biggest issue... total loss from wreck, or stolen..
guest081815 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.