E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #161
wagondude

My Ride: 2001 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemoney13 View Post
Bump to revive an informative thread. Anyone running on Bilstein HD's with lowered springs?
See post #8 in this thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1116456
wagondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #162
MysticImola

My Ride: E46 Imola Red
Bump, for a nice thread
MysticImola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #163
B3ZKONTROLU

My Ride: 03 325i and 04 545i
This is amazing! Thanks! Bump!
B3ZKONTROLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #164
ex46static

My Ride: 2000 328ci
My Bilstein sport and H&R race springs just arrived. I read the entire thread and didn't see any reviews on this application. I like a stiffer ride, but not one that makes you feel like the dash is going to land in your lap every time you hit a bump. Obviously handling and looks factor in. Anybody have this setup? Mine will be going in a 2000 328Ci. Car has sport suspension from the factory. How great of an improvement will this be? Looking forward to hearing your responses.

BUMP FOR A GREAT THREAD!!!
ex46static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #165
luc

My Ride: '04 325i
^since you have them.. why not do a review? Im about to order the same setup actually. I think the sport suspension already handles lovely but I want a little moar low and if its a little stiffer I could stand it I think

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Bimmer App
3 pedals, ZSP, ZPP | bimmerbrakes headers | shark injector | AFE filter / swiss cheese | 17" TRMotorsports C2 | H&R suspension | CF sunroof delete | custom short shifter | clear lights | CDV delete | DIY aux audio in | lots of random $5 mods
gamertag: babyDriver29
luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 AM   #166
///M THIS

My Ride: Boosted' Stg 1 335i
Anyone running kw clubsport on their m3?

And would you recommend them
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #167
ex46static

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by luc View Post
^since you have them.. why not do a review? Im about to order the same setup actually. I think the sport suspension already handles lovely but I want a little moar low and if its a little stiffer I could stand it I think

Suspension is installed. First a little about my car

2000 328Ci.
***Bilstein sport shocks***
***H&R race springs***

Mods:
Aluminum flywheel
Scorpion exhaust
AFE Air intake
BSW audio stage 1
Bilstein Sport shocks
H&R Race springs
Cross drilled slotted rotors

OK, about this suspension setup. First of all, i had the sport package on my car. The new setup is MUCH better than the stock sport setup. It is a bit rougher of a ride. However, the ability to shred corners far out-weighs. I give this setup an 8.5 - 9.0. I'm very impressed. So to the above "quote". Go for it man. Im confident you will really enjoy this setup.
ex46static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #168
luc

My Ride: '04 325i
Oh I didn't see that you had race springs.. I was just going to go for sport so im thinking it will be totally drivable. Im gonna do it for sure but I want to wait until I can get wheels too and just do it all at once so i just need a little more guapamole.

3 pedals, ZSP, ZPP | bimmerbrakes headers | shark injector | AFE filter / swiss cheese | 17" TRMotorsports C2 | H&R suspension | CF sunroof delete | custom short shifter | clear lights | CDV delete | DIY aux audio in | lots of random $5 mods
gamertag: babyDriver29
luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #169
flipstik

My Ride: 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex46static View Post
Suspension is installed. First a little about my car

2000 328Ci.
***Bilstein sport shocks***
***H&R race springs***

Mods:
Aluminum flywheel
Scorpion exhaust
AFE Air intake
BSW audio stage 1
Bilstein Sport shocks
H&R Race springs
Cross drilled slotted rotors

OK, about this suspension setup. First of all, i had the sport package on my car. The new setup is MUCH better than the stock sport setup. It is a bit rougher of a ride. However, the ability to shred corners far out-weighs. I give this setup an 8.5 - 9.0. I'm very impressed. So to the above "quote". Go for it man. Im confident you will really enjoy this setup.
Thinking about gettin this set up, how much of a drop did it give you front/rear? Any pics?
flipstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #170
HiAk!

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Posting on suspension that I haven't seen posted anywhere yet in this forum

I have a 2000 323ci with the sport package.
Vehicle has 137k miles. Bought this thing from an original owner and original suspension.
I put on the Ksport Kontrol Pro coilover kit. Its 36 way adjustable.
Driven about 400 miles on suspension and so far very very pleased.
MSRP 1500, I paid less than that.
I have this setup at full soft right now (Heavy Heavy snow in Anchorage so far this winter). full soft it is plush, handles all the bumps very well. Initially after I installed these I had them on full stiff for a day and it was like a go cart. Plenty of ride height adjustability. I have it set to stock height measurements right now and I can go at least an inch higher and probably 2+ lower. I had reservations about installing a japanese made product on a german car, not for quality reasons, but for principled reasons. However, I was surprised how many people mentioned these as quality coils. Time will tell how these fare, but I am subjecting them to an incredibly harsh environment and if they last these will have proven themselves.
HiAk! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #171
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
well since I was just going todo a shock/spring combo but now Im think coilovers I guess Ill give this a BUMP.
still on the fence on what I want. No tracking is gonna be done but deff a good bit of sprinted driving. owell Im gonna wait till after the winter months anyways
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #172
SennaSixty8

My Ride: ///M & M's
Bilstein Sports paired with H&R 29484 Red Springs = pleasant AND planted firm ride, NOT harsh. Easy for DD use, not aggressive enough for serious track days. HPDE days should be fine paired with sticky rubber and maybe UUC swaybarbarians.
SennaSixty8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #173
R323Ci

My Ride: is a needy beeatch
Bump to revive an awesome thread......
.......teetering heavily on the fence right now. Have: 323Ci Sport Package, 175k = worn the F out suspension. Ordered H&R Touring Cup kit, but apparently that's really tough to get right now so I have to find something else. Can't decide between ST V1's, Eibach Pro System, Eibach + FSD, or what! The saga continues so let's keep this thread rolling cause it sure is informative!!
R323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #174
KrasivataSabine

My Ride: 323Ci
Bump to revive a useful thread again...

I have a 2000 323Ci that was purchased with 114K miles, (has 119K now), the factory sport suspension, a square set of ASA AR1's 235/45/17, and a custom exhaust. I recently replaced the suspension with an H&R Touring Cup Kit, including strut tower reinforcement plates (BMW Group up front, TMS at the back). The biggest impact was on the handling. I thought my Bimmer was good beforehand, but it is simply incredible now. It is very well cemented in fast, mountainous bends, is less dramatic in its dynamics, just sits in and grips. Responsiveness and communication through your butt and fingertips is also fantastic.

Ride is good, more connected, more controlled on the rebound. Considering the entire process (parts+install) set me back $970, it is a lot to ask, but the benefit is profound.

The car just feels more alive. It wants to be driven. I recommend it!

#BattleBimmer #323RS
KrasivataSabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #175
E.fo.six

My Ride: 2005 325i e46
free bump
Old 03-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #176
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
^ PS, i dont think you'll be able to fit 19x10 w 265s on a sedan without some serious fender work.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #177
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
How do these two cup kits compare? I have non-sport OEM suspension at the moment.

1) Touring http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...1&autoModClar=

2) Sport http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...1&autoModClar=

I'm trying to go for something that won't be a hassle to drive, but will offer noticeably better ride handling. I've read the touring is just a slight drop, without too much of an improvement in handling. Thoughts?
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #178
E.fo.six

My Ride: 2005 325i e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
^ PS, i dont think you'll be able to fit 19x10 w 265s on a sedan without some serious fender work.
Im gonna shave the hubs on a rear set of 19x10 et38 vb3's. If I shave them about 4mm's, this will bring the offset to 42 which seems to be the sweet spot on these sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
How do these two cup kits compare? I have non-sport OEM suspension at the moment.

1) Touring http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...1&autoModClar=

2) Sport http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...1&autoModClar=

I'm trying to go for something that won't be a hassle to drive, but will offer noticeably better ride handling. I've read the touring is just a slight drop, without too much of an improvement in handling. Thoughts?
I promise you that if you get the touring, you will wish you had ordered the sport's. The touring's are not much lower than the OEM sport suspension.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #179
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
The problem isn't the 19x10. It will be the 265.
And why shave the hubs, cant you just order them in ET38, or ET40, or 45 and use spacers?

Last edited by Snik; 03-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #180
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.fo.six View Post

I promise you that if you get the touring, you will wish you had ordered the sport's. The touring's are not much lower than the OEM sport suspension.
Thanks, I'm kind of leaning toward the sport. Is that what you have installed?

Another worry is if I'll rub with the drop. I'm running 18" rims with 8" width squared on 225/40's. No idea on my wheel offsets though..
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote