E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#3,902 ·
Finally got the car out after being up on stands since mid-April. Completed:

-Complete cooling system overhaul including new radiator
-Mechanical->electric fan swap
-fuel filter
-CCV replacement with cold weather version
-Beisan systems vanos repair with all new gaskets, seals and washers
-VCG
-Wilwood dynalite calipers up front, Hawk pads, and slotted rotors all around
-Rho plate mount
-19x8.5 Miro STP-3s with 235/35/19 General G-Max AS03 all around
-UUC swaybarbarian up front
-Di-Noc wrap interior trim
-Audio system installed consisting of Vibe Audio components, JL 12w0 sub, and Fosgate amp
-and finally a car wash!

Now I can enjoy it for a couple months until I begin my OEM Mtech 2 swap.
Which Wilwood Calipers exactly? I was looking for something like this without going BBK or OEM calipers.

#3,917 ·
Ordered red/clear/red tail lights and put on my E46fanatics.com vinyl!

The day after I put the vinyl on, my neighbor who's a Benz guy, buys an e46 in the same color (Silver Grey) and wheels as mine ;) Now he wants halos and a lip spoiler...like mine :)

#3,918 · (Edited)
bimmerbrakes headers and grey trmotorsports c2s on the way..

#3,920 · (Edited)
Replaced the grimy yellow'd headlight covers today. I should have done it way sooner! I guess I oughtta get all of those bugs off of the bumper, next...

I have the cold weather package on my xi, and I was very much confused by the headlight washers. No one seemed to have any information on how to deal with these, other than "just pull it out real hard and have someone hold it". A visual would have been handy, but I figured it out. I'll have to do up a video for future reference.

I'm hoping to get a lip spoiler soon, as well. Cause, you know, I need that downward force. Because racecar.

Anyone know about the fitment of the lip spoilers on a regular i versus an xi? I've heard the trunk lids are different sizes.