E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
330ci M Sport Suspension Question

I was talking to a fanatic on here and he is selling he 330ci m sport suspension and sways with 72k.

I have a 325i and I was wondering if I can just swap the 330's suspension onto mine?

I also do not know how much they are going for so I do not know what to offer?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
I take that he isnt from US is he? Which year was his car?

If its 2004+ then his suspension is identical to US ZHP , because he has a coupe

It its before 2004 then his suspension is the same as any other coupe with sport pack.

Price depends on demand, search similar parts in the for sale section and compare prices.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
I take that he isnt from US is he? Which year was his car?

If its 2004+ then his suspension is identical to US ZHP , because he has a coupe

It its before 2004 then his suspension is the same as any other coupe with sport pack.

Price depends on demand, search similar parts in the for sale section and compare prices.

Well he bought the car in cali and now lives across the us in NJ i think.

I just never herd of the m sport on the 330. and it is a 03 or 04.

And that suspension with swap right onto my 325i?

I am very new to suspension so I really do not know what is better.

I mean would it be better to buy a new suspension set or a used 330ci sport suspension?

I was thinking about buying this
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325..._Kits/ES10803/

or

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325..._Kits/ES10804/

or

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325...its/ES1876719/
Old 08-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Well if the car is US spec, then he is full of it. There was never a M-Sport option for E46 in US. He just has a simple sport pack coupe.

Anyway, shocks and springs are interchangeable between all E46s, even sways are but the sport sway wont be an "upgrade" to your car as they are only 0.5mm thicker, you will never feel the difference.

What are your goals or preferences in the suspension? Do you just want to go a bit lower or do you wan to slam it or what exactly to you want?

Either way I myself recommend staying clear of H&R springs, the design of the rear springs is so stupid that they always bottom out and bind even at rest.

I say pass that offer from the guy and buy something that you can actually feel and appreciate. From the links you posted I recommend the 3rd one. FSD Koni / Eibach Kit , yes its more expensive but there is a reason why. They are simply better.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
Well if the car is US spec, then he is full of it. There was never a M-Sport option for E46 in US. He just has a simple sport pack coupe.

Anyway, shocks and springs are interchangeable between all E46s, even sways are but the sport sway wont be an "upgrade" to your car as they are only 0.5mm thicker, you will never feel the difference.

What are your goals or preferences in the suspension? Do you just want to go a bit lower or do you wan to slam it or what exactly to you want?

Either way I myself recommend staying clear of H&R springs, the design of the rear springs is so stupid that they always bottom out and bind even at rest.

I say pass that offer from the guy and buy something that you can actually feel and appreciate. From the links you posted I recommend the 3rd one. FSD Koni / Eibach Kit , yes its more expensive but there is a reason why. They are simply better.
Well my goals with this car is to bring the front down a lil lower and have a nice stance. I also am planing on S/C it sense my wife doesnt mind anymore.

I just feel like the ride is not what a BMW should be and I wish it was a lil bit more tighter around turns feels like there is alot of body roll in it? If that makes any sense.

Your the second one that has said the FSD's and they look like they are of great quality and I do really want them. I just want to make sure that I will be happy with them and not waste money on something that I am not sure is going to give me what I want.

I cant tell but are the FSD's adjustable I could not tell from ECS website.

Last edited by bwallace530; 08-07-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
sedanpowersc

My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Well if you want less body roll you can get uuc sways for like $350 new and that will pretty much eliminate that
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
bwallace530

Do you have them? Is it a pretty big improvement?

Maybe it is just the sways then that I need but I do want to eliminate my wheel gap though too.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Try to do one thing at a time.

You can always add sways, later.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
bwallace530

Well sways where cheaper so if that got me happier with my suspension then maybe I will try those first sense they are cheaper.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
325rider

My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
Buying an OEM suspension with 72k miles is seriously a TERRIBLE idea. I don't care how many miles somebody has gotten out of OEM suspension but I have heard of them completely blowing by 72k and that is just a waste of money. Buy a cupkit or coils or ANYTHING but a 10 year old OEM suspension with 72k miles
The FSD's are good but it would be easier and possibly cheaper to get a lightly used cupkit or set of PSS coild.
But, it's just advice. No need to start a flame war

Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace530 View Post
Well sways where cheaper so if that got me happier with my suspension then maybe I will try those first sense they are cheaper.
Good plan.

Do one thing at a time.

Makes tuning your suspension a lot easier.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
Buying an OEM suspension with 72k miles is seriously a TERRIBLE idea. I don't care how many miles somebody has gotten out of OEM suspension but I have heard of them completely blowing by 72k and that is just a waste of money. Buy a cupkit or coils or ANYTHING but a 10 year old OEM suspension with 72k miles
The FSD's are good but it would be easier and possibly cheaper to get a lightly used cupkit or set of PSS coild.
But, it's just advice. No need to start a flame war

Nope no flaming just wanting to get some good advice from this thread. Thanks
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
325rider

My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace530 View Post
Nope no flaming just wanting to get some good advice from this thread. Thanks
Had to put a disclaimer. Don't want people saying since they got 150k on their oem shocks that I dont know what Im talking about. Seen them blow earrrly. Good luck broski

Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ

Last edited by 325rider; 08-07-2011 at 08:38 PM.
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote