E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Oceanen

My Ride: Bmw Alpina B3 3.3
Alpina B3 transfer case ?

Hello all, this is my first post!
First and foremost english is not my native language so i appoligize in advance if spelling is a little off

Couple of weeks ago i bought a Bmw Alpina B3 3.3 Allrad Touring -2002, and i was wondering if the transfer case (or anything else) would be harmed by driving without the front prop-shaft on it.

Reason beeing the pure fun a rwd is around the corners

//thanks all
Oceanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
TiAgXi

My Ride: e46xi, e46m
Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...033&highlight=
TiAgXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
^Who knows what Alpina shoved into the drivetrain. It looks like it has a 6 speed too:

http://www.supercarsite.net/alpina/b3-3.3-saloon/2002

Oceanen - you need to let us know about this car. We didn't get them in the US. I'm sure everyone here would appreciate some pictures- especially pictures under the hood and under the car.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Oceanen

My Ride: Bmw Alpina B3 3.3
Thanks for the link TiAgxi i will have a look at it !

Kubica: Sure thing! Dont have any pictures of it on this computer but its on the alpina-register http://www.alpina-archive.com/?p=559...ing-Allrad-061
previous owner put it out there.
If i understand the documentation right the drivetrain is pretty mutch like a standard 330xi but with Alpina engine and a somewath uppgraded transmission (i got the auto one). Got buttons on the steering wheel for manual shifting ... dont think the standard 330 got that ?
Oceanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
BLAU III

My Ride: eat's cars.
i was actually thinking about this the other day as i was replacing my front cv shafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I would battle a pack of wolverines in a porta potty with my hand tied behind my back, yielding nothing but a shake weight taped to my forehead, just to hear her fart over a walkie talkie.
BLAU III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
White_Knuckles

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Wow! What a engine they build for that model. It's single Vanos but produces 280 hp.

I want an exclusive US import business where I can order them crated from Germany and sell 'em on Ebay for crazy numbers to the HP denied. Boo to superchargers, I wants an Alpine motor!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
Gus330vrum

My Ride: 330ci
IDIOT! IDIOT! =_= why u did not buy a new car RWD? 2005 330 would do the job
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote