E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #961
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
^^^ +1

Yup, he's right.

The Dice Media Bridge can stream bluetooth audio. I'm not actually recommending the product because of who make it, but it does have the capability.

Anybody know if the GROM can do it?
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #962
e46bonestock

My Ride: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
I did the install a few days ago, definitely worth it!
Nope, just phone calls. I actually accidentally triggered a voice command to play an artist the other day, the Parrot kept the phone up long enough to figure out it wasn't a phone call and then disconnected.
hmm, actually I have a nokia e71 and I installed nokia maps thru nokia ovi suite.
my phone has a builtin gps. so I'm not using data. quite accurate, total shock.

with gps off, I can have radio on, so whne call comes in, it mutes the radio or switches to phone.

with gps on, the radio is no longer on, like streaming audio. so I should be able to listen to music thru bluetooth streaming from my phone.

I'm due for an upgrade, switching out from rogers to wind/mobilicity. I want data, looking at android phones but don't know which ones will or will not work with the parrot. is there an official list that's updated?

I wanted an iphone5 but doubt it'll be compatible. I will not be going with a blackberry.
e46bonestock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #963
Tate325xi

My Ride: 325xi & CLK55 AMG
Just ordered the parts for this DIY. Looks relatively easy to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
sometimes i'm into it and my one hand gets tired, i try switching, but then it's like someone with lou gehrig's trying to peel a carrot.
Tate325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #964
Low Level

My Ride: '88 M3
I'm selling a complete, un-used brand new setup here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...5#post13423235
Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #965
JLondon

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Has anyone upgraded their firmware? My CK3000 is at 5.11C. The cheapest I could find for the Parrot update cable is $47 on eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-PARROT-R...item3f0b7580ed

I stopped at a local car accessories store that is an authorized Parrot installer and was told they only have the cable for the MK9xxx series. I'd rather pay $50 to an installer than pay $50 for a one-time use of the cable.

Anyone purchase the update cable inexpensively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafuzz View Post
Android 2.2 and up does support bluetooth voice dialing, but there is a pairing issue with Android devices and the CK3000 if you don't have the latest firmware on the CK3000, version 5.25C, you might not be able to connect and pair successfully. I recommend either upgrading your firmware or check to make sure you can pair and connect before you buy the Evo.
JLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #966
steve.325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLondon View Post
Has anyone upgraded their firmware? My CK3000 is at 5.11C. The cheapest I could find for the Parrot update cable is $47 on eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-PARROT-R...item3f0b7580ed

I stopped at a local car accessories store that is an authorized Parrot installer and was told they only have the cable for the MK9xxx series. I'd rather pay $50 to an installer than pay $50 for a one-time use of the cable.

Anyone purchase the update cable inexpensively?
Two cautions here:
1. The guys I bought my parrot from - the company name escapes me at this moment - told me that even with the upgrade cable, they only had one guy in theor shop who could sucessfully upgrade the firmware. I guess its a little bit tricky.
2. the ck3000 hardware has been updated. I referenced somebody to this link below for the mic mod & his ck3000 board did not match. That may mean that the latest firmware may not be for your version od hardware.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Old 08-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #967
hcardona111793

My Ride: 2004 325i
Where did you guys buy your parrot kit? their going for an outrages price on ebay 100$+!! please help?
hcardona111793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #968
e46bonestock

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46bonestock View Post
hmm, actually I have a nokia e71 and I installed nokia maps thru nokia ovi suite.
my phone has a builtin gps. so I'm not using data. quite accurate, total shock.

with gps off, I can have radio on, so whne call comes in, it mutes the radio or switches to phone.

with gps on, the radio is no longer on, like streaming audio. so I should be able to listen to music thru bluetooth streaming from my phone.

I'm due for an upgrade, switching out from rogers to wind/mobilicity. I want data, looking at android phones but don't know which ones will or will not work with the parrot. is there an official list that's updated?

I wanted an iphone5 but doubt it'll be compatible. I will not be going with a blackberry.
I just got a nexus s. bluetooth didn't work with parot 5.09c
man firmware is so old. But I got it to pair and connect by downloading app in the market called bluetooth file transfer. It solved the connection, apparently the ns tried to send 6 digit pin instead of 4 digit pin when connecting. So I've got my bluetooth back. only problem is it doesn't stream audio. So I'll have to use aux in cable from another thread.

Thought this was important and wanted to share. it's not about how old firmware is. if you have android, you need that app to fix the pin pairing issue.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #969
e46bonestock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcardona111793 View Post
Where did you guys buy your parrot kit? their going for an outrages price on ebay 100$+!! please help?
you don't have to buy it.
if you want just use a bluetooth visor or ear piece. it'll be cheaper.
I only did it cuz I wanted to complete the car and make it modern. just gotta do aux in and I'm done.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #970
rmepilot

My Ride: '01 325i, OH-58D(R)
Send a message via AIM to rmepilot
Quote:

I bought mine from another member and the system works great.

Also, I'd like to personally thank delmarco for his outstanding and detailed DIY's that are posted throughout this forum.

Because of him (and fellow members and sponsors who have provided me the necessary parts), I now have an MP3 capable Business CD, USA-SPEC PA12 and Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth system integrated into my '01 325i.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #971
rmepilot

My Ride: '01 325i, OH-58D(R)
Send a message via AIM to rmepilot
Quote:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=ck3000

Old 08-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #972
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Just installed mine today. The only problem I'm having right now is that the microphone won't tuck between the windshield and headliner into the OEM mic location. Any suggestions?

Also... my glove box isn't wanting to fit back in.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #973
Elsamo

My Ride: 2004 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Just installed mine today. The only problem I'm having right now is that the microphone won't tuck between the windshield and headliner into the OEM mic location. Any suggestions?
Had the same problem when installing mine. A little bit of elbow grease will do the trick. I had to pull down on the liner a bit and it was eventually able to slide in.
Elsamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #974
steve.325i

Quote:

Also... my glove box isn't wanting to fit back in.

I don't remember having a major issue with the headliner.

re: glovebox - make sure the back of the box is kept pushed up as you slide it back in place. The three fingers at the back of the box need to slide into the proper holes.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #975
SPDSKTR

I got everything assembled... still need to run the mic properly. I'm having an issue with voice dialing, though. When I voice dial someone, it automatically goes to "Discreet Mode" (handset). I have to either push the bluetooth button on my phone twice (to swap it to handset and then back to car) or press the "Discreet Mode" button twice. It's already going through the handset, but everything acts like it's going through the car's speakers. Help?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #976
SPDSKTR

Easiest way to pull the mic through:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1314052524979.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	413975

There are two of those clips. Push those in simultaneously and the map lights will pop out, giving you full access to the mic. Delmarco... add that to your DIY!

Bimmer App made this happen. Don't be jealous.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #977
steve.325i

Quote:
I got everything assembled... still need to run the mic properly. I'm having an issue with voice dialing, though. When I voice dial someone, it automatically goes to "Discreet Mode" (handset). I have to either push the bluetooth button on my phone twice (to swap it to handset and then back to car) or press the "Discreet Mode" button twice. It's already going through the handset, but everything acts like it's going through the car's speakers. Help?
Interesting, although I don't think I can help with this issue either since I am not using a connect2, butI do have a few questions:

1. If you initate a call using your phone, does it also go into discrete mode as well or does it work properly?

2. What phone are you using?

3. Are you using the parrot or your phone for voice dialing?

4. If the phone, does the voice dialing work through the mic/speakers & then it switches to discrete?

5. Did you reset the ck3000 through the menu when you first installed it before pairing your phone? If not, I would do this & re-pair your phone.

If either #1 or #4 (or both) are yes, then it is a setting in your phone that needs to be changed to make the bluetooth handsfree the default when present.

Steve
Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #978
SPDSKTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.325i View Post
Interesting, although I don't think I can help with this issue either since I am not using a connect2, butI do have a few questions:

1. If you initate a call using your phone, does it also go into discrete mode as well or does it work properly?

2. What phone are you using?

3. Are you using the parrot or your phone for voice dialing?

4. If the phone, does the voice dialing work through the mic/speakers & then it switches to discrete?

5. Did you reset the ck3000 through the menu when you first installed it before pairing your phone? If not, I would do this & re-pair your phone.

If either #1 or #4 (or both) are yes, then it is a setting in your phone that needs to be changed to make the bluetooth handsfree the default when present.

Steve
1) Works just fine.
2) Droid X.
3) It uses the phone, but...
4) ...is registered through the mic and speakers but switches to discreet.
5) Didn't reset it.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #979
steve.325i

Quote:
1) Works just fine.
2) Droid X.
3) It uses the phone, but...
4) ...is registered through the mic and speakers but switches to discreet.
5) Didn't reset it.

aaahhhh! I could have been more help if you were using a blackberry.

The biggest problem is you don't know if it's a parrot/connect2 issue or a phone issue. I would bank on the later but you can't be sure until you try the system with another phone. Is that possible?

Can you supply more details on your phone? Exact hardware & version of Droid X?

Last question: So after voice dialing, you actually here the Parrot say "Discrete Mode" as it switches? This make me think it actually could be the parrot doing it.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #980
JLondon

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
What version firmware is your CK3000? I recently tested an Evo Shift (Droid 2.3 OS) and my CK3000 acted strangely and inconsistent. My firmware is 5.11c. I did NOT clear the Parrot memory, this may have solved the problem, but Parrot's website is fairly clear on Android compatibility issues unless using 5.25c.

As Mike suggested, test with another phone...clear all settings first.
JLondon is offline   Reply With Quote