E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 192 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #1901
Thor Odinson

My Ride: United States
Hey Darkoz, I notice you post alot. Would you mind changing your signature picture so that I don't have a big chest of breasts staring at me when I read through these and your posts? That would be appreciated. Thanks
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #1902
papa316smurf

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
Anymore on this?

Has anyone tried using this Mic? http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-ME-52W.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
Looks to be a popular noise cancelling mic. I may try it out.

Now if the issue described above (built in mic does not disable when external mic is connected) is correct that is definitely a problem and a design flaw. Jeff would you be able to confirm this with Dynavin? And if thats the case do we have a solution?
I'm not sure if that microphone would perform any better than any of the others. It's not a true noise canceling micophone, it just has some directional shielding. A true noise canceling microphone would actually be two separate microphones, which compare the sounds coming in and cancel out background noise. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything like this anywhere.

I should also mention that my car is particularly loud (afermarket exhaust), but I don't think the dynavin bluetooth performed well even before I installed the exhaust.
papa316smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #1903
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Hey Darkoz, I notice you post alot. Would you mind changing your signature picture so that I don't have a big chest of breasts staring at me when I read through these and your posts? That would be appreciated. Thanks
So your first post here is to tell us you don't like big breasts??

And would you mind changing your avatar please cause I don't like to read it, thanks.

Last edited by Darkoz; 08-22-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #1904
vegito

My Ride: BMW 318i E46 2002
Maybe he is G.A.Y. .. me like big breast .
vegito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #1905
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
So your first post here is to tell us you don't like big breasts??

And would you mind changing your avatar please cause I don't like to read it, thanks.
Please don't change your avatar! It is the only nice thing I get to see when I look at post trying to figure out how to fix my Android Dynavin
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #1906
Thor Odinson

It's simply a courtesy to other forum members like myself. You post quite a bit. We can all find big breasts in a lot of other places. I come here for cars. I have a wife and kid, and the cleaner I can keep what's on my screen, the better. Fair enough?
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #1907
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
It's simply a courtesy to other forum members like myself. You post quite a bit. We can all find big breasts in a lot of other places. I come here for cars. I have a wife and kid, and the cleaner I can keep what's on my screen, the better. Fair enough?
Excuse me but it's a pic of a woman wearing a BMW T shirt who happens to have large breasts, nothing revealing or dirty about it, I also have a wife and kid.
I'm afraid it's not going to change because a new member with one post doesn't like it, sorry.

Last edited by Darkoz; 08-22-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #1908
kimodo

My Ride: Sportwagon
Do you have any more pics of this women with the large breast.. I also find her offensive, but would like more pictures of her before passing a final judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Excuse me but it's a pic of a woman wearing a BMW T shirt who happens to have large breasts, nothing revealing or dirty about it, I also have a wife and kid.
I'm afraid it's not going to change because a new member with one post doesn't like it, sorry.
kimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #1909
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
For those picking up the Dynavin with windows CE, just send em a PM if you are interested in getting a 4 gig SD card pre-loaded with iGo Primo and iGo8.3 Also included are instructions on installation

I've sent out about 75 of these now and all are working perfectly

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #1910
Nirvana252

Big Breasts aside the android unit looks amazing and hands down one of the best units I've ever scene. I have a quick question though. Does anyone know if there is any way to get this unit into a honda civic 2008 ex coupe. I wish I had the money for a BMW but I had to settle on a honda and there just aren't any radio options like this. Maybe there is a nice kit or something to make it match up flush also unsure if the wiring would match up.

Thank you
Nirvana252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #1911
dayusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana252 View Post
Big Breasts aside the android unit looks amazing and hands down one of the best units I've ever scene. I have a quick question though. Does anyone know if there is any way to get this unit into a honda civic 2008 ex coupe. I wish I had the money for a BMW but I had to settle on a honda and there just aren't any radio options like this. Maybe there is a nice kit or something to make it match up flush also unsure if the wiring would match up.

Thank you
The only reason we use this Radio is because it is the only Nav unit that fits in our cars without cutting the car up. Although it is a good
radio for use, I would never ever put this into another car. You can get a far better double din radio for the same or less money. We "deal" with this radio's short comings because it is a bolt in, direct fit..... Not really a smart idea to put it into a different car. By an Alpine or Pioneer Double Din, you will be MUCH happier with the results.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #1912
Nirvana252

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
The only reason we use this Radio is because it is the only Nav unit that fits in our cars without cutting the car up. Although it is a good
radio for use, I would never ever put this into another car. You can get a far better double din radio for the same or less money. We "deal" with this radio's short comings because it is a bolt in, direct fit..... Not really a smart idea to put it into a different car. By an Alpine or Pioneer Double Din, you will be MUCH happier with the results.

thanks for the reply Is there anything out there that has android on it that I could get. Looking for android for tethering 4g / google maps / pandora / hands free. This unit seems to be able to do all of that.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #1913
dayusmc

Quote:
thanks for the reply Is there anything out there that has android on it that I could get. Looking for android for tethering 4g / google maps / pandora / hands free. This unit seems to be able to do all of that.
Well I steam pandora to my Kenwood from my Android phone. But doubt there is any aftermarket radio that uses Android.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #1914
Nirvana252

This one does so I guess it's the one I want if it can fit into Honda with the stupid curve they put in their dash =(
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #1915
Nirvana252

If it wires up correctly will this face plate fit this radio ?

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CCUQ8gIwAQ

Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #1916
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
If it wires up correctly will this face plate fit this radio ?

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CCUQ8gIwAQ

Thanks
No, what you are trying to do is not possible unless you are a master installer or would like to pay a master installer thousands of dollars.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #1917
Nirvana252

Cool thanks for heads up Jeff. Guess I'll just have to sit around and twiddle my thumbs till more radios use android as the OS. Worth a shot
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #1918
Nirvana252

could someone please give me all the specs on the radio width and length etc. I have someone who would like to install but he needs dimensions.

Thank You
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #1919
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
My biggest pet peve is when people try to impose there morals on everyone else. If you dont like the boobies, then dont look at them.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #1920
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
could someone please give me all the specs on the radio width and length etc. I have someone who would like to install but he needs dimensions.

Thank You
its quite a bit more complicated than that as the E46 front panel has quite in angle on it. not to mention mounting brackets etc......but the face itself its roughly 10" wide and 5" high. The mounting depth is about 7.5" at the top of the unit

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote