E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
BimmerWorld E46 M3 in Grassroots Motorsports

BimmerWorld's E46 M3 Street Track Car Project featured in Grassroots Motorsports

BimmerWorld's E46 M3 Street Track Car Project that was started right here on E46Fanatics (click for full build thread) is being featured in Grassroots Motorsports October 2011 edition. If you haven't heard about BimmerWorld's E46 M3 Street Track Car Project here is a quick run down from James Clay, BimmerWorld owner -

In 2010 we built the BimmerWorld E46 M3 Street Track Project Car. This car has been the testbed and proving ground for many of our recent E46 M3 parts as we have revisited the platform 10 years after its release to apply some new parts and technology. Many of the parts used are applicable to performance-tuned street cars and racecars alike and as an E46 M3 street car owner, I can attest that the selection of parts from this project that I have added to my dedicated street car have made it a ton of fun this summer!

In the Grassroots Motorsports 2010 running of the Ultimate Track Car Challenge, our project car turned a blazing 2:05 lap on VIR Full Course - the fastest BMW at the event and almost fully street legal as well! For the October 2011 issue, the folks at GRM have detailed our car build, and put both me and the car to work testing a range of track brake pads. For a free issue to check out the article, visit the Grassroots Motorsports folks and let them know where to send it.

Thanks and enjoy,
James

Get a free copy of Grassroots Motorsports to read more about the project car. If you're really in love, you're in luck. BimmerWorld is selling the car -

Featured in the October 2011 issue of Grassroots Motorsports, this fast and fun car was built from a blank sheet of paper to show how potent this BMW platform can be. Street legal for non-emissions areas (cats can be re-added), or add a front-half cage, nets, and fire system and go racing.

More details here - http://www.bimmerworld.com/cars_for_...e46streettrack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	for_sale_09.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	414186   Click image for larger version

Name:	for_sale_10.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	414187   Click image for larger version

Name:	for_sale_11.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	414188  

Last edited by tim330i; 08-24-2011 at 05:03 PM.
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
mike86325

My Ride: ///M3
So in order to make sure that we get the october issue, should we wait until late sept./early october to send in our info?

2003.5 Tiag SMG ///M3
FOR SALE:
2 Michelin PS2 275/30/19: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=665386
Pre-face Sedan Tails, Corners, Side markers: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=708875
mike86325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Jim Murphy

My Ride: 2006 E46 330Ci ZHP
Clicked on the hotlink to get the issue with this article - filled in the information for a free test drive and clicked submit and it kept saying that I had not selected the subscription term or given cc information. The free drive offer did not ask for any of this information anywhere so what gives?

Jim
Jim Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote