E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 361 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #1841
fixjets

My Ride: 02 325Ci, 08 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_f22_pilot View Post
^ ^ ^ ^Look a couple of posts above yours ^ ^ ^ ^

All of your questions will be answered.

And personally, if I was buying a brand new unit, I'd go with Jeff. Best product support out of all of the vendors of the Dynavin units.
Agree, buy it from Jeff when he gets them in. Check out his website.
fixjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #1842
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixjets View Post
I have another titbit of info for our Dynavins I thought woulld be good to share.
I had a new key made for my car today. I took it to the dealer so they could hook it up to their machine so I can activate some features (auto door lock, express windows, etc.) and it turns out the computer woulld not allow them to do any changes with the Dynavin installed. I took it out and put the Business CD unit back in so they coulld make the changes. Not a big deal since I can swap it out in minutes. It appears that the factory radio is part of the onboard computer system, and it affects all of this, including coding for the factory anti theft system. So if the coding is done, the Dynavin can be reinstalled and all will be good. So when you take your factory radio out, hang onto it in case you need to have this service done.
interesting, people have been speculating about this for 2 years and you are the first one Ive seen to confirm it! I suppose its because there isnt a lot of coding being done the the E46s anymore.....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 08-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #1843
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
i have done coding on my own with the dynavin installed with no problem.. things like DRL, blinkers, oem alarm. using DIS and NCS. inpa works too

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #1844
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
i have done coding on my own with the dynavin installed with no problem.. things like DRL, blinkers, oem alarm. using DIS and NCS. inpa works too
and opey confirms the opposite...... I guess we are back to it being a mystery!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #1845
fixjets

Opey must be doing something different than the dealer. The dealer stuff is so locked out now, I would believe one can actually get more features working on their own. Example: the dealer setup does not allow express up for the windows except the drivers. Mine were all working before, and now they dont. It was explained to me that the factory has set limits on it now, more than likely due to idiots getting their heads stuck and making up lawsuits. Same goes with opening the top with the remote: cannot do that in the US. I had it done since the dealer owed me on a few things, and did this for no charge. I really need to research stuff you mentioned so I can do this sort of stuff myself.

So to put it this way Jeff, the dealer needs the radio in, but home coding using another method does not.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #1846
fixjets

I might add that No one at the dealership has even heard of the Dynavin. I had just about every salesman and mechanic looking at it with amazement.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #1847
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
yea its a good chance the dealer is using different/updated programs that could cause an issue. they might code the whole car at once, which would explain your auto up getting screwed up, and the OEM radio not being there causing an error because i believe that is also a module on its own. if you code individual features/modules it should work fine

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #1848
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTrav View Post
Has anyone gotten the 3G to work off the 3G modem that comes in the android unit in the US? Which carrier did you use?
I think that the problem is not related to a region... just the communication with the modem is not right.
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #1849
JerzyBoy973

My Ride: 01 330ci
Quick question. Does anyone stream video from the netflix app on their Dynavin??
Old 08-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #1850
Cranberry_Juices

My Ride: 2001 325cic
Im on the fence about dynavin android, do the pros outwiegh the cons? If i never install apps, will it work without any bugs?
Cranberry_Juices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #1851
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry_Juices View Post
Im on the fence about dynavin android, do the pros outwiegh the cons? If i never install apps, will it work without any bugs?
If you don't intend to use any apps and you're not into messing around with customising and tweaking all the time then I don't see the point in getting the Android version.
If you want to just set and forget, you're better off with the WinCE Dynavin.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #1852
rkissin

My Ride: 1999 323i
Dynavin Android for Sale

End of an era for me.

I've been driving a 1999 323i Sedan, a car I've loved, but at 5 pm today I took possession of the car of my dreams: a one owner 2007 335i Coupé with Sport and Premium packages and several other nice options in pristine condition with 46k miles.

What a beast.

Anyway, I've removed the Dynavin Android I installed in the 323i in May and am offering it for sale here first before turning to eBay.

The unit has the latest firmware and is working great. I will ship it complete in the original packaging along with the following extras:

-- WiFi dongle
-- 2point5 spec.dock (iPod insert that fits in your smoker's package ashtray-- $125)
-- iPod composite AV cable by Simple for your AUX input
-- Extra MicroSD card (32gb) to load up your apps.
-- Relocation bracket
-- Powered antenna adapter

Not including the backup camera because it's just too much hassle to tear it out of the car, but they're easily found and inexpensive.

EDIT -- Now listed on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280732028432

As happy as I am about the new car, it means leaving the E46 fraternity which makes it just a tad bittersweet...

Last edited by rkissin; 08-30-2011 at 10:32 AM.
rkissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #1853
chucho1026

My Ride: M3
does anyone know what version of internet explorer comes with the WIN Ce model. i'm a real estate broker and our MLS site only works on internet explorer 6.0 or greater.
chucho1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #1854
J&T Distributing

the WinCE runs in the background running the nav program, with the exception of a few configurations menus, you dont see it, its not like a computer. Look for the Windows desktop/wifi hack thread here on the forums if you want WinCE to act more like a computer.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #1855
xMpower3dx

My Ride: 2001 M3
Send a message via AIM to xMpower3dx
So has the android side been rooted yet? Are you able to use custom roms on it like android phones?

2001 ///M3 6spd, Steel Gray/Black, Cold weather Package, Satin Black Grille's, K&N 57 series intake, H&R Springs, Carbon Fiber engine cover, AC Schnitzer Strut Tower Brace, AC Schnitzer Pedals
xMpower3dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #1856
chucho1026

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMpower3dx View Post
So has the android side been rooted yet? Are you able to use custom roms on it like android phones?
I would like to know this too. will probably answer my questions.
chucho1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #1857
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
No.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #1858
Dictato

My Ride: 318d
Quote:
It has not been confirmed yet officiall. "Rob" who was supposed to manage that did mention once that he managed to put a different rom on it, but he sold his car (few pages back confirmed) and stopped 'his' project.

btw. I've a few questions myself, maybe answered already somewhere can't find it.

1. those of you who use the Ipod feature, is there a next button on the remote? I can't seem to find it. All I found was a fastforward button at the bottom of the remote. The rest doesn't work.

2. Another frustration is that sound distortion kicks in already around 14 - 20 (song dep.) in the volume scale. My speakers are 200 W and 100 RMS, but still they can't handle? I thought the unit output was 45 rms per channel? I use the stock wireharness and no amp for the speakers. Am I missing something?
Dictato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #1859
adsingl

My Ride: e46m3
Found this thread by accident searching for something else. not going to read all 90+ pages, but if y'all want to get this unit rooted, and have somebody fix almost anything, the way to do that is via the xda developers forum. I've started a post there in the Android development section as a search found nothing for Dynavin. They love new stuff, build some of the ROMs, and fix all sorts of things, like the GPS zulu clock time a few posts up. <--- This one sounds like an EASY fix to those guys. I don't spend a lot of time on there, a lot of it is too deep if you're not a coder. But hopefully I've gotten the ball started there. These guys are heavy hitters. Please, do NOT go there and do a lot of posts. It is a relatively disciplined place. You can go to Androidcentral or Android forums and such for gobs of general info about Android.

I'm looking forward to doing this, hope the steering wheel buttons can be integrated if they're not already.

ADS
adsingl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #1860
JerzyBoy973

My Ride: 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictato View Post
It has not been confirmed yet officiall. "Rob" who was supposed to manage that did mention once that he managed to put a different rom on it, but he sold his car (few pages back confirmed) and stopped 'his' project.

btw. I've a few questions myself, maybe answered already somewhere can't find it.

1. those of you who use the Ipod feature, is there a next button on the remote? I can't seem to find it. All I found was a fastforward button at the bottom of the remote. The rest doesn't work.

2. Another frustration is that sound distortion kicks in already around 14 - 20 (song dep.) in the volume scale. My speakers are 200 W and 100 RMS, but still they can't handle? I thought the unit output was 45 rms per channel? I use the stock wireharness and no amp for the speakers. Am I missing something?
I don't know about the remote issue, but you need and 4x100rms amp for those speakers.