E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 131 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #1921
Nirvana252

My Ride: United States
Thank you Jeff may have a few more questions to shoot at you. At this point if all is a go do you have any android models ? If so I'm going to buy from you. You have been very responsive and helpful.
Nirvana252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #1922
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
android units barely exist right now and the demand is massive......I would not expect anyto be available until next month at the earliest and even then the demand may make it very difficult to get your hands on one. I expect things to get a little easier toward the end of the year as production (hopefully) catches supply up with demand.....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 08-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #1923
xMpower3dx

My Ride: 2001 M3
Send a message via AIM to xMpower3dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
It's simply a courtesy to other forum members like myself. You post quite a bit. We can all find big breasts in a lot of other places. I come here for cars. I have a wife and kid, and the cleaner I can keep what's on my screen, the better. Fair enough?
you do know that signatures can be turned off right?

2001 ///M3 6spd, Steel Gray/Black, Cold weather Package, Satin Black Grille's, K&N 57 series intake, H&R Springs, Carbon Fiber engine cover, AC Schnitzer Strut Tower Brace, AC Schnitzer Pedals
xMpower3dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #1924
ChiTownTrav

My Ride: 2004 325CI
Send a message via AIM to ChiTownTrav Send a message via Yahoo to ChiTownTrav
Regarding load times from flash drives & iPods.

I'm a IT gut so I'm just curious as to some of the possible contributors to this issue.
I'm wondering weather or not the usb cable that a lot of people are using which is mountable to the car(the one with the boot) is causing the problem.
It could possibly be a USB1 issues.
Does anyone know weather these units are USB 1 or 2?
The reason I ask is because have you ever tried playing a movie on a computer from a flash drive that was only USB1 or the a USB2 flash drive but the computer only supports USB1?
It is the same type of issue. Slow loading times & in most cases a freeze up or bog down of some sort.
The cables people are using as well can lead to this sort of a problem as well as the length of the cable.

Not saying it is or isn't this just thought I would throw it out there.

Thats my $0.02 question/idea and we all know $0.02 isn't worth much.
ChiTownTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #1925
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
Is the sound quality really worse when using an ipod thru the AUX IN? I have it hooked up using a third party composite cable. Even bluetooth streaming from my ipod touch sounds better than having it hooked up to the aux. I'm thinking about getting the $40 apple composite cable, but only if somebody can confirm that it sounds almost as good as the ipod mode
Old 08-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #1926
J&T Distributing

I have the treble set a bit higher on the aux in.......with the treble boosted a bit it should sound about the same. If not, make sure your volume is set appropriately on the ipod (if you are using the headphone output). A third party cable shouldnt sound any different than an apple cable.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #1927
DANe46

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i E46
If I remove the fan from my unit will it overheat?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #1928
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANe46 View Post
If I remove the fan from my unit will it overheat?
I don't think anyone here can advise you on this DANe46, bear in mind that the fan is there for a reason and removing it will void any warranty if something does go wrong.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #1929
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
I don't think anyone here can advise you on this DANe46, bear in mind that the fan is there for a reason and removing it will void any warranty if something does go wrong.
I wouldn't take it out either. Mine has been overheating when playing CDs and was told it could be a ground wire.
WilliamLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #1930
J&T Distributing

Im not advising you to do this but FYI, the last couple rounds of production don't have fans in them (probably due to complaints about fan noise) and I haven't seen any issues because of it.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 09-02-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #1931
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Im not advising you to do this but FYI, the last couple rounds of production don't have fans in them (probably due to complaints about fan noise) and I haven't seen any issues because of it.
True, but it's one thing when the manufacturer makes a change and quite another when you mod or alter it yourself which will void any warranty.
And who knows what other changes Dynavin may have made to compensate for the lack of a fan, bigger heatsinks, different internal layout etc.
All I can say is that it must get quite warm as the fan is on most of the time, at least with mine anyway.

Last edited by Darkoz; 09-02-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #1932
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
For those with Windows CE Dynavin units, let me know if you would like me to ship you a 4 gig SD card with both iGo Primo and iGo8.3 preloaded on it. Comes plug and play ready to go

Have shipped out almost 100 of these to date with no issues

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #1933
e36-2.0

My Ride: 330xi
is there any way to get a USB powered external harddrive running on this dynavin?

'02 330xi
Konigsport/Ground Control/DPE/BMW Motorsport/Eurosport/Turner Motorsport/PowerFlex/RacingDynamics/Hotchkis/UUC/Beisan/Bimmerworld/Dinan/Conforti/RPI/GroupN/Technik/Dynavin

Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
-Projecttechnik.com
e36-2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #1934
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36-2.0 View Post
is there any way to get a USB powered external harddrive running on this dynavin?
Get an external powered USB hub and you'll be good to go
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #1935
robin325ci

Just a heads up to Dynavin owners who have nowhere to put their sunglasses after the HVAC relocation... you can install the Euro first aid box underneath the seat. Much easier to reach than the glove box and fits 3 to 4 pairs of sunglasses, your wallet and whatnot

Part numbers and install info on this thread:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=737922

I also replaced the CD changer with the storage box. Might as well get rid of unnecessary weight and make use of the space. "Left oddments tray" part number 51478230573

Last edited by robin325ci; 09-07-2011 at 01:31 PM.
robin325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #1936
PandaNL

My Ride: Seat Ibiza
I have a few questions about the dynavin radio side, tried searching for it but couldn't find an anwser.

1: does the steering wheel buttons work to pick up a telephone call and do a voice command?
2: does the rear camera automaticly gets active when connected to a manual gearbox or does this only work with automatic gearboxes?

Thanks in advance.
PandaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #1937
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaNL View Post
I have a few questions about the dynavin radio side, tried searching for it but couldn't find an anwser.

1: does the steering wheel buttons work to pick up a telephone call and do a voice command?
2: does the rear camera automaticly gets active when connected to a manual gearbox or does this only work with automatic gearboxes?

Thanks in advance.
1 - Yes to answer a call, no voice command though.
2- Yes both manual and auto

Last edited by Darkoz; 09-08-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #1938
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaNL View Post
Does the steering wheel buttons work to pick up a telephone call and do a voice command?.
I think this function depends on your phone. With my Nokia, pressing the "talk" button on the steering wheel doesn't do anything during an incoming call. Pressing RT rejects the call

Last edited by robin325ci; 09-08-2011 at 05:41 AM.
robin325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #1939
panatha1908

My Ride: BMWe46
I have had all sorts of issues with the Dynavin since I bought it (June) - wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Firstly the support for it (at least in Australia) is appalling. My unit has never worked (GPS does not see any satellites) and the SD card on the radio side does not see the SD card. The installer couldn't fix it but the seller (Jason) who I bought it from doesnt want to know or look at it. So im stuck with a non working unit and am told it is my problem!!!! There's $1000 down the drain for a crap unit that doesnt work. Even the part that does work is crap. The screen is so bright you cant see anything when the sun is out and you're meant to scroll but that is impossible because the screen is so touchy as soon as you touch it it clicks into it (rather than scroll). I've never bought such crap in my life and the only useful bit that would be ok the GPS does not work at all - but I am told that is my problem!!! Stay away from this product people!!!
panatha1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #1940
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by panatha1908 View Post
I have had all sorts of issues with the Dynavin since I bought it (June) - wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Firstly the support for it (at least in Australia) is appalling. My unit has never worked (GPS does not see any satellites) and the SD card on the radio side does not see the SD card. The installer couldn't fix it but the seller (Jason) who I bought it from doesnt want to know or look at it. So im stuck with a non working unit and am told it is my problem!!!! There's $1000 down the drain for a crap unit that doesnt work. Even the part that does work is crap. The screen is so bright you cant see anything when the sun is out and you're meant to scroll but that is impossible because the screen is so touchy as soon as you touch it it clicks into it (rather than scroll). I've never bought such crap in my life and the only useful bit that would be ok the GPS does not work at all - but I am told that is my problem!!! Stay away from this product people!!!
To be honest I find it hard to believe that If there is a fault with the unit that Jason refuses to do anything about it as I bought mine from him over a year ago and found him to be honest and helpful.
Your description of any problems is very vague and and also have no idea what you mean by "scroll" but from reading between the lines I suspect it's more of a user problem rather then the unit.