E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
FNG in BFE AL

Hey there.

I guess I should say a little something about the car. It's a 9/99 328Ci in SienaRot 2 Metallic. I got it about a month ago with 113k on the clock and a couple of pages of service work done at 95k. After 7 years of driving an '04 Dakota, it's a dream. Took it in to the local indy shop and got a fairly clean bill of health; the major issues I have to deal with is driver side lock actuator and the passenger window regulator. I'll probably have them do it because I just suck at removing trim. I usually snap everything off and nothing goes back right. In the meantime, I have changed the plugs (NGK), and replaced the hood cowl cover. I had the tranny fluid and filter changed, too.

Just wanted to say HI and annoy everyone with some questions off the bat. I do know about the Search function, but I have some Newbie questions right off:

My wife doesn't like leather seats , so I'm having to find something that will make her happy. I'm not wanting to go the AutoZone/PepBoy route, nor do I have the funds right now for the Seat Savers, so is there a mid-range cover out there? I know there is the factory set (part # 82 11 1 470 417), but I don't know how thin they are.

As for a sun shade, I bought a jumbo sized generic one, but it's not fitting right. Who has the best price on something that fits? I've seen a couple that run about $60, but once again, it's nice to hear from someone that has actually used it.

At some point in time I would like to set the radio up for Sirius. I have been bookmarking all the links I can about how to do that and have a cheat sheet on the part numbers I should be looking for. The only big project I'm adding to that procedure is trying to add the satellite antenna to the bee-stinger hole. I'm going to try and make a Ford stock antenna work.

The last opening question I have is about the third stoplamp. It went out, but with some di-electric, I got it going again. My issue is with the rubber gasket that seals against the window. Over time, it has drooped down and it bleeds on to the back shelf. Has anyone come up with a way to re-enforce the rubber or is it a matter of getting a new unit?

Here is a pic. It has it's flaws, but as a daily driver, I'm not too concerned about the cosmetics. Maybe I'll see some of you this year at the CCA Octoberfest being that's it's only an hour away from me.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese

BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
LA Prince
Banned User

My Ride: Not Your Business
Nice ride, FRESH color, I noticed u have paint missing on passanger ride lower bumper, or it got scraped
LA Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Thank you. It was scraped at some point in time. It's just a matter of a couple of pieces of plastic underneath and cleaning up the lower bumper. I'm not worried about it at the moment.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese

BMWCCA# 147961

Last edited by Brucifer325; 09-05-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Bored.
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote