E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
celluloidheros

My Ride: 2001 330 xi
Hello, just to wrap the thread up, I bought a new 10 Channel amplifier, this is located in the drivers side trunk, It is very easy to replace, Fuse 41 acts normally now and the resting current draw is below 40 mamps. fuse 41 drives many things and is meant to be hot (the lower feed side of the fuse is not switched with the ignition) at all times and Fuse 41 (or the devices attached to it) uses a small amount of current in sleep mode. when fuse 41 is removed, their is a capacitor in the amplifier and possibly the radio, i'd be interested to here what other e46er's get for voltage/time readings, so we can say what is normal. Fuse 41 can drive about 8 to 10 different devices so these readings may vary based on configuration. I really only have a CD53 and amplifier. i don't have NAV, On board monitor, sub woofer box, Video, GPS etc...

Anyway, in sleep mode, when I pull fuse 41, the bottom fuse 41 receptacle is always hot and has 12.5 volts (same as the battery voltage at the terminals in the trunk). the top has 10.5 volts after pulling the fuse and slowly drains down to less than 1 volt over time. Fuse 41 will spark when you plug it in, so mimnimize then number of times you unplug/plug the fuse, disconnect battery when possible.
celluloidheros is offline   Reply With Quote