E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #41
Akovski

My Ride: 323CI
i deleted mine and i love it. got tips welded on
Akovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #42
whyzee125

My Ride: 330ci with 3 pedals.
Thanks for all the suggestions, not really interested in a muffler delete though. I've narrowed it down to the euro spec, or just doing a kpeng style exhaust. Anyone have any high quality vids to share?
whyzee125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #43
whyzee125

I want it to sound like a stock 335i
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #44
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Well its the end of summer, did you get those headers installed? Its really not a difficult DIY if you have some ramps, a floor jack and the right wrenches.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #45
whyzee125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Well its the end of summer, did you get those headers installed? Its really not a difficult DIY if you have some ramps, a floor jack and the right wrenches.
No man, not yet. lol. I've kind of forgotten about it lately, and am just starting to look again. The problem is I've heard so many good and bad experiences with the header install, I'm not sure I can do it. And sometimes I wonder if it's worth putting the money into a car with 130k on it, but as of now I'm gonna go for it. There's a member on here who's parting out his car and will take $100 bucks for the headers plus OEM headers in return, so I may try and get my hands on those. Those combined with the euro spec exhaust might be a nice exhaust for pretty cheap!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #46
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
No man, not yet. lol. I've kind of forgotten about it lately, and am just starting to look again. The problem is I've heard so many good and bad experiences with the header install, I'm not sure I can do it. And sometimes I wonder if it's worth putting the money into a car with 130k on it, but as of now I'm gonna go for it. There's a member on here who's parting out his car and will take $100 bucks for the headers plus OEM headers in return, so I may try and get my hands on those. Those combined with the euro spec exhaust might be a nice exhaust for pretty cheap!
For that price I'd jump on it, just make sure they are for your car.

Got mine installed about a week ago. I love the sound on WOT and above 4.5k it screams. There is definitely a noticeable power increase on the butt dyno and overall, I've achieved the sound I was looking for (aside from the possible leak which I will fix this weekend). The DIY is not difficult at all, anyone who claims otherwise does not have the proper tools or is just lazy. Making sure you have all the hardware (gaskets, nuts, ratchets, extensions) makes the job so much easier. Also ratcheting S-wrenches are a must.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #47
whyzee125

Yeah, they're for a 330. Dtm spec, but I'd imagine they're at least as good as eBay ones. I have a good friend who's a BMW nut too (e36 owner, but could still help) so I could probably have him give me a hand with it. I'm getting the mod fever, and so far my biggest mod is the angel eyes that are still sitting on my dresser. Hopefully it'll work out!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #48
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
A good option is the BMW Performance Exhaust it looks good, and sounds nice without being overly loud and BMW engineered.

Like the best track runner, your BMW needs as much oxygen as possible to perform like it should. To accommodate these needs, BMW has created this Performance Exhaust System, as the stock unit can control gases and reduce noise, restricting power.

This Performance Exhaust produces an outflow of exhaust gases that is so free that it markedly reduces back pressure. The flow is free enough, in fact, to actually pull more air into the engine. So while it's saving power at one end, it's increasing power at the other.

With this exhaust attached to your vehicle, you’re looking at an increase of up to five horsepower and three pound-feet of torque at 6600 rpm on certain models.

This is a rear section only exhaust and reuses the factory mid section. Includes muffler, tips, clamps and all the hardware needed for installation.

An aftermarket option that I would suggest would be the Twin Silencer Exhaust "LIGHT" Rear Section .

The experts at UUC produce high quality parts for BMW enthusiasts. Though they are often much less expensive than many performance aftermarket parts, quality is not compromised. High performance racing parts and accessories from a company built by racing enthusiasts. With a full line of quality suspension, braking, and other parts, it's easy to customize your vehicle while giving a unique driving experience.

Partnered with Corsa for this project, UUC utilized patented “RSC” Reflective Sound Cancellation technology to build a drone free performance exhaust. Made of 100% polished stainless steel it looks as good as it performs.

Round and slash cut polished stainless steel tips.

Let me know if you have any questions,
James

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #49
whyzee125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
A good option is the BMW Performance Exhaust it looks good, and sounds nice without being overly loud and BMW engineered.

Like the best track runner, your BMW needs as much oxygen as possible to perform like it should. To accommodate these needs, BMW has created this Performance Exhaust System, as the stock unit can control gases and reduce noise, restricting power.

This Performance Exhaust produces an outflow of exhaust gases that is so free that it markedly reduces back pressure. The flow is free enough, in fact, to actually pull more air into the engine. So while it's saving power at one end, it's increasing power at the other.

With this exhaust attached to your vehicle, you’re looking at an increase of up to five horsepower and three pound-feet of torque at 6600 rpm on certain models.

This is a rear section only exhaust and reuses the factory mid section. Includes muffler, tips, clamps and all the hardware needed for installation.

An aftermarket option that I would suggest would be the Twin Silencer Exhaust "LIGHT" Rear Section .

The experts at UUC produce high quality parts for BMW enthusiasts. Though they are often much less expensive than many performance aftermarket parts, quality is not compromised. High performance racing parts and accessories from a company built by racing enthusiasts. With a full line of quality suspension, braking, and other parts, it's easy to customize your vehicle while giving a unique driving experience.

Partnered with Corsa for this project, UUC utilized patented “RSC” Reflective Sound Cancellation technology to build a drone free performance exhaust. Made of 100% polished stainless steel it looks as good as it performs.

Round and slash cut polished stainless steel tips.

Let me know if you have any questions,
James
Those both look amazing! I would love to have either one, but unfortunately they're both out of my price range. Thanks for the suggestion, those look really nice!

948whp on the butt dyno.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #50
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert, 323I

Redline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330i, custom exhaust, flowmaster, vibrant