E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 344 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #1901
singry

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Lost gps signal

Hello guys
I'm getting the "lost gps" announcement when running iGO. Anyone else with that issue? I also notice when I don't drive my car for a long period I always have to re-enstall the software, everything goes crazy when I start up my car ... The android side that is. I would not drive for 3 weeks, sometimes a month because I'm out the country, but every time I come back I always have to re-enstall. That's not a big deal to me anyway, I'm just worrying about this gps thing now.

I think I'm about ready to list this thing on eBay. If anyone here wants it you can pm me.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #1902
selien
davconelectric gaycar maker

My Ride: 330CI
This thing is really pissing me off hey.
Ive installed a few apps, but really use the mp3 app the most.
I downloaded like 8 or 9 mp3 players, toyed with them for a few weeks and kept and bought 1 which I preferred.

But 1 damn thing which faulted on all of them and really it wasn't a software issue, its the damn dynavin, it doesn't store/save **** like my android phone.
Each time i load my app, i have to do all the freaking settings again, each time i load my mp3 player, i get the 1st time run dialogue boxes and then i keep getting asked to enter my serial for it after downloading the paid version.
So i even tried copying this program to the memory card, it wont, i was hoping it would save all the settings on that card, and nope, so i installed my sd card into my phone, downloaded the same app, installed it to the memory card, dynavin wont load the damn app.

Has anyone figured a way to save settings/preferences on apps we download off the market before i start pulling my hair out??

selien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #1903
Le Pew

My Ride: 02 M3 Cpe Tpz/Imola
I've read quite a bit but I am still not sure how to stream music using the bluetooth on the iphone4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Le Pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #1904
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by selien View Post
This thing is really pissing me off hey.
Ive installed a few apps, but really use the mp3 app the most.
I downloaded like 8 or 9 mp3 players, toyed with them for a few weeks and kept and bought 1 which I preferred.

But 1 damn thing which faulted on all of them and really it wasn't a software issue, its the damn dynavin, it doesn't store/save **** like my android phone.
Each time i load my app, i have to do all the freaking settings again, each time i load my mp3 player, i get the 1st time run dialogue boxes and then i keep getting asked to enter my serial for it after downloading the paid version.
So i even tried copying this program to the memory card, it wont, i was hoping it would save all the settings on that card, and nope, so i installed my sd card into my phone, downloaded the same app, installed it to the memory card, dynavin wont load the damn app.

Has anyone figured a way to save settings/preferences on apps we download off the market before i start pulling my hair out??
have u updated to the latest firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Pew View Post
I've read quite a bit but I am still not sure how to stream music using the bluetooth on the iphone4.

go into bluethooth, pair with phone, and start your music on the phone and it will play in the car

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #1905
selien

Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
have u updated to the latest firmware?
My seller advised me the unit should already be updated.
I have tried to update however, but nothing ever happened, via usb and SD.
Is there a step by step guide anywhere, in-case Ive missed anything?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #1906
Basti46

My Ride: E46 320Ci (M54B22)
Is there any update when the android dynavin will be released?
Basti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 AM   #1907
selien

God for some reason now, the android side of the dynavin doesnt load.
It sits there with the Dynavin logo and it flashes on and off every 10 seconds or so... wtf...

Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #1908
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Pew View Post

First, goto Bluetooth mode on your unit by pressing the right knob. Then pair your phone and start playing music on the iPhone.
Quote:
It sits there with the Dynavin logo and it flashes on and off every 10 seconds or so... wtf...
Sounds like you need to reflash the Android OS.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #1909
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
No wtf about it, sounds like you've stuffed something up trying to update the firmware
Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #1910
selien

Never tried to update it today, all i did was turn it off and on by the left knob...

Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #1911
Darkoz

Quote:
Never tried to update it today, all i did was turn it off and on by the left knob...
It's logical to conclude that since trying to update the firmware something has gone amiss as most likely it wasn't done correctly.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #1912
opey

to update firmware u just unpack the file to the sd card, insert it, and power on the unit. its loads automatically. if that dont work, the sd card isnt the correct format. some have said just formatting to fat32 works, others say u need the special tool to do it

IR/IR 6 speed
Old 09-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #1913
selien

Quote:
to update firmware u just unpack the file to the sd card, insert it, and power on the unit. its loads automatically. if that dont work, the sd card isnt the correct format. some have said just formatting to fat32 works, others say u need the special tool to do it
Thank you sir, formatting to FAT32 worked, and fixed it.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #1914
Le Pew

My Ride: 02 M3 Cpe Tpz/Imola
Just wanted to chime in and say that I am fairly tech savvy and ran into some issues with installing. Basically, I was just looking at the install post here and not his site, which is brilliantly done. Almost all of my questions would have been remedied by going there earlier. I did have questions on how to do certain tricks, etc. Jeff went above and beyond. The product isn't perfect, but it is by far the only device like this. There is loads of potential. The thing is to experiment with what its capabilities are while being understanding that you may push those boundaries. Just because these boundaries are exceeded by some task you wish for it to perform does not mean the unit has issues itself.

Thanks again

I'm sure I'll be on here a lot trying to figure more tips out along the way.
Le Pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #1915
jarruda

My Ride: 2003 M3
I really wish the development of Android 2.3 for this device wasn't being handled by what seems to be one person. There are a ton of small things that I would like to tweak and experiment with (perhaps adding a suspend or hibernate mode for quicker startup). Perhaps attempt to port Cyanogen to the device.

To the guy developing it: Why haven't your efforts been made public so this might be able to move more quickly? Please give the community the tools and procedure to put our own firmware on the device instead of just binaries. Help us help you!
jarruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #1916
opey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarruda View Post
I really wish the development of Android 2.3 for this device wasn't being handled by what seems to be one person. There are a ton of small things that I would like to tweak and experiment with (perhaps adding a suspend or hibernate mode for quicker startup). Perhaps attempt to port Cyanogen to the device.

To the guy developing it: Why haven't your efforts been made public so this might be able to move more quickly? Please give the community the tools and procedure to put our own firmware on the device instead of just binaries. Help us help you!
the guy who was developing for it seems to have given up..

IR/IR 6 speed
Old 09-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #1917
selien

Need to get someone at XDA Developers to do something for our units imo

Old 09-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #1918
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
the guy who was developing for it seems to have given up..
He didnt give up exactly.....he lost his job and had to spend his time pursuing more important priorities.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #1919
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
He didnt give up exactly.....he lost his job and had to spend his time pursuing more important priorities.
Yep, priorities like his life.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #1920
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
NAVI button

Im am waiting on a pre order from umitza, however I am thinking about just going to the V5. Can anyone tell me if the NAVI button will actually bring up a NAV app, or can it be linked to apps. I think it would be a bit cheezy if the navi button dosent work.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote