E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #1941
zayne

My Ride: E46 M3
Hi guys,

I upgraded my OEM 4:3 head unit to a Dynavin v5 into my E46 recently. Since the install, I find that my amp seems to drop out when the volume is turned up. I never had this issue on the old OEM headunit which could tolerate higher volumes. It looks to be a power issue yet nothing has changed to the amp itself. ie ground, power leads, speaker wiring etc are all the same.

Im assuming its because the Dynavin has a higher wattage internal amp in the headunit pushing a stronger signal to my amp or have I just wired up something wrong? Anyone had similar experiences and know of a way to resolve this?

Cheers,
Zayne.
zayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #1942
Le Pew

My Ride: 02 M3 Cpe Tpz/Imola
not sure if this is the best place to ask these two questions, but with all of the threads up, its difficult to know where I saw information regarding these issues.

First of all. I'm happy to have the unit, especially in France and to have been able to install it…if not completely.

Alright, here goes:

- It cannot find wifi signals once it is searching.

- for those of you routing your iPod cord to the glove box, which path are you using? It seems like I tried everything.

I know that it is a pain to see a question which may have been answered elsewhere, but searching doesn't yield anything specific
Thank you in advance
Le Pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #1943
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
My Navi software stopped loading

I have had my V 5.0 Dynavin and run Primo 1.2 since February. Today the navi won't load. It trys and then 3/4 of a load, it reboots. I tried a different Micro SD card, I loaded the original soft Primo 1.2 files but I get the same issue. It is like it is caught in a reboot loop. Even if I go to setup, I can take a look at the Navi Setup for a little bit before the reboot of the navigation system. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. The Win Ce side, Radio etc, seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Old 09-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #1944
bimmer2u

Navi Stopped working-Crash File Attached

Just a follow up note. I attached the crash file so you really smart guys can help me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf crash - Notepad.pdf (22.4 KB, 183 views)
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #1945
04yfz

My Ride: A car
Just wanted to say that I have ordered the Fakra cable and then a week later a Back up Camera from Jeff @ Dynavin Solutions and I could not be happier with the service. Both items were shipped right away with tracking and at my door step a couple days later (I'm on the opposite coast). If that's not enough, you can see Jeff is clearly the only vendor on here offering unmatched support for these units, so if you're in the market I would not hesitate to order from Jeff!

I'm about to install my unit this week and I know if I run into any problems I'll have no issues contacting him, you can't say that for other vendors that sell these.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #1946
DropTopKingM3
OG ///Member

My Ride: All German
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
Just wanted to say that I have ordered the Fakra cable and then a week later a Back up Camera from Jeff @ Dynavin Solutions and I could not be happier with the service. Both items were shipped right away with tracking and at my door step a couple days later (I'm on the opposite coast). If that's not enough, you can see Jeff is clearly the only vendor on here offering unmatched support for these units, so if you're in the market I would not hesitate to order from Jeff!

I'm about to install my unit this week and I know if I run into any problems I'll have no issues contacting him, you can't say that for other vendors that sell these.
Jeffs the man
Hit me up if you need any help man. I just installed mine not too long ago and it was pretty easy. Most time consuming part is running the fakra cable.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #1947
bimmer2u

Follow up on Nav software not loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer2u View Post
I have had my V 5.0 Dynavin and run Primo 1.2 since February. Today the navi won't load. It trys and then 3/4 of a load, it reboots. I tried a different Micro SD card, I loaded the original soft Primo 1.2 files but I get the same issue. It is like it is caught in a reboot loop. Even if I go to setup, I can take a look at the Navi Setup for a little bit before the reboot of the navigation system. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. The Win Ce side, Radio etc, seems to work fine.

Thanks,
I deleted everything is the save folder and started with the backup copy of the software. Works now but what a pain to remember all the settings.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #1948
bimmer2u

maps will only show the state I am located

For some reason my Dynavin v5 will only show the state I am located, OHIO. It will not let me enter any other zip code if it is not in Ohio. Don't know why but I must have screwed something up when I had the problem where it would not start up at all.

any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #1949
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
So I finally jailbroke my ipod touch and followed DANe46's Epic Dynavin iPod Touch setup

Good job DANe46 I did however use a different app for the music player. FlickTunes works great for shufflers, but if you're a playlist user it's not that great. For example, you can't go back to the playlist and select a different song like the default music player does, you'll have to keep swiping to get to the song you're looking for..

So here's what I used: (note: some text copy/pasted from DANe46's guide in the link above)

*Jail-broken iPod touch

This is a must and allows you install Cydia apps and tweaks to make this whole setup work

*Big Boss App (TVOut2 Mirror TVOut)
Mirrors your iPod screen on Dynavin screen while in AUX mode
This allows album/track name and cover art to be shown

*Apple AppStore or Installous (TuTuneMe music player)
Similar to FlickTunes, but better in a couple of ways
-customizable themes for Day/Night mode
-customizable fonts and colors
-customizable gesture controls
-re-sizable album art
-Easily change playlists just by swiping your finger on the playlist bar
-single tap on the playlist bar allows you to choose another song from the playlist

Gesture Settings I used:

Playlist bar
-Swipe left/right: Prev/Next playlist
-Single tap: Playlist songs

Album art/song info
-Swipe left/right: Prev/Next song
-Swipe up/down: Volume
-Single tap: Play/Pause
-Pinch: Resize album art

*HackStor MyRepospace.com (Plugged In 1.3 Cracked)

Plugged in Settings:
Launch App: On
App to launch: TuTuneMe
Launch in Background: Off
Unlock: On
Override Auto-Lock: On (disables auto lock when plugged in/charging, be sure to manually lock your ipod/iphone when charging at home)

Unplugged Settings:
Close Launched App: On
Lock Device: On
Pause Music: On

Optional Tweaks:

*Xsellize Repo (LSRotator 4.0)

Allows the lock screen to rotate to landscape format

*Sinful Iphone Repo (SBRotator4 Cracked)
Allows the Springboard, Settings, AppStore, Map, YouTube to be displayed in landscape format

Settings:

iPad style layout 4x4 to 3x6 (16 icons max)
Icon scale 80%
Dock icon scale 100%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	416903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0735.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	416904   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	416905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0734.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	416906  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0737.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	416907  

Last edited by robin325ci; 09-14-2011 at 01:14 PM.
robin325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #1950
mas123

My Ride: x5
Dynavin V5

Hi,

I have the Dynavin V5 in my car and I some questions if anyone can help:

1. Can I switch off the sat nav so that when I switch on car it dosen't come on as it interfers when I am trying to listen to music?

2. Where is the menu for postcode search on the satnav? When I use the sat nav and go to menu and find there is a field for town and road, but none for postcode field.

3. When i goto the find menu in sat nav it always picks a town york, is there any way I can change it so that London automatically appears in the town box?

4. I am installing a reversing camera is there anyway I can ensure that when I press camera on the Dynavin menu the camera comes on even though it is not in reverse. What is the reverse plug for on the Dynavin unit.

Thnaks.
mas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #1951
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin325ci View Post
So I finally jailbroke my ipod touch and followed DANe46's Epic Dynavin iPod Touch setup

*snip*
So where are you running the ipod/iphone cable through? I can't figure out a good way to do this w/o a eurotray.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #1952
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway View Post
So where are you running the ipod/iphone cable through? I can't figure out a good way to do this w/o a eurotray.
I have my ipod aux in cable wired to the euro tray. I have the long version which has a hole inside behind the roller cover which allows the cabe to pass through quite easily
Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #1953
IHAZBMR

My Ride: '02 M3 SMG
I have been reading for hours and still haven't found out if the V5 has satellite radio capability or not??? Anyone?

'02 Ti Silver M3 SMG SoCal I.E.

Mods: 35% Ceramic tint, CF Wrap Interior, CF roundels, CF Shift Knob, Painted reflectors, Cell Phone holder, Euro mirrors, Dice Mediabridge, Sirius SC-C1

IHAZBMR's '02 M3 SMG
IHAZBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #1954
DANe46

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i E46
Quote:

Good job DANe46 I did however use a different app for the music player. FlickTunes works great for shufflers, but if you're a playlist user it's not that great. For example, you can't go back to the playlist and select a different song like the default music player does, you'll have to keep swiping to get to the song you're looking for..

So here's what I used: (note: some text copy/pasted from DANe46's guide in the link above)

*Jail-broken iPod touch

This is a must and allows you install Cydia apps and tweaks to make this whole setup work

*Big Boss App (TVOut2 Mirror TVOut)
Mirrors your iPod screen on Dynavin screen while in AUX mode
This allows album/track name and cover art to be shown

*Apple AppStore or Installous (TuTuneMe music player)
Similar to FlickTunes, but better in a couple of ways
-customizable themes for Day/Night mode
-customizable fonts and colors
-customizable gesture controls
-re-sizable album art
-Easily change playlists just by swiping your finger on the playlist bar
-single tap on the playlist bar allows you to choose another song from the playlist

Gesture Settings I used:

Playlist bar
-Swipe left/right: Prev/Next playlist
-Single tap: Playlist songs

Album art/song info
-Swipe left/right: Prev/Next song
-Swipe up/down: Volume
-Single tap: Play/Pause
-Pinch: Resize album art

Optional Tweaks:

*Xsellize Repo (LSRotator 4.0)

Allows the lock screen to rotate to landscape format

*Sinful Iphone Repo (SBRotator4 Cracked)
Allows the Springboard, Settings, AppStore, Map, to be displayed in landscape format

Settings:

iPad style layout 4x4 to 3x6 (16 icons max)
Icon scale 80%
Dock icon scale 100%
Ok so I have been playing around with this new player and the new tweeks... It seems to have screwed up my ipod... now getting scattered icons and springboard redraw issues also TuTumeme is really hit or miss, sometimes crashing and needing a restart. Maybe its just my ipod; gonna' try a restore later today to see if that resolves the issues.

Question maybe you can help me; one of the main reasons I was using FlikTunes was its ability to pause resume playback. With TuTuneme every time I start the car I have to tap the screen to begin playback... cant seem to find an autoplay option in TuTuneme. Also this app is really slow; again maybe this is just on my device...

Last edited by DANe46; 09-16-2011 at 10:15 AM.
DANe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #1955
dalelewis1

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3 SMG
it is not satellite capable but you can use pandora with wifi or 3g. the choice is yours
dalelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #1956
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAZBMR View Post
I have been reading for hours and still haven't found out if the V5 has satellite radio capability or not??? Anyone?
Nope, no satellite radio integration with the Dynavin.
If you really want it you could connect a stand alone Sirius/XM unit using the AuxIn.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #1957
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANe46 View Post
Ok so I have been playing around with this new player and the new tweeks... It seems to have screwed up my ipod... now getting scattered icons and springboard redraw issues also TuTumeme is really hit or miss, sometimes crashing and needing a restart. Maybe its just my ipod; gonna' try a restore later today to see if that resolves the issues.

Question maybe you can help me; one of the main reasons I was using FlikTunes was its ability to pause resume playback. With TuTuneme every time I start the car I have to tap the screen to begin playback... cant seem to find an autoplay option in TuTuneme. Also this app is really slow; again maybe this is just on my device...
I haven't found a way to auto-resume playback, but it doesn't bother me since it only takes like half a second to tap the screen to resume. Regarding the crashing issues, I've also expreriended some crashes using FlickTunes and other apps. If you have SBsettings installed, remove it. I found that it fixed most of my crash issues. It also fixed my springboard issues while using the SBrotator app. Regarding the scattered icons, this is caused by using the 3x5 layout. Using this layout will take the 16th app (bottom right) from each "page" and put them all together in a new page.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #1958
DANe46

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i E46
Quote:
I haven't found a way to auto-resume playback, but it doesn't bother me since it only takes like half a second to tap the screen to resume. Regarding the crashing issues, I've also expreriended some crashes using FlickTunes and other apps. If you have SBsettings installed, remove it. I found that it fixed most of my crash issues. It also fixed my springboard issues while using the SBrotator app. Regarding the scattered icons, this is caused by using the 3x5 layout. Using this layout will take the 16th app (bottom right) from each "page" and put them all together in a new page.
Ok so restoring my ipod did the trick... as of now I will stick with FlickTunes (nothing like jumping in the car turning the key and having the music autoresume where I left off) as most people wanted the ability to pause on shutdown then autoresume on startup. Less driver distraction!

Personally and for the sake of safer driving I hate the lock screen and just get rid of it; one less step so I would keep the NOLOCKSCREEN tweak

GOOD FIND SBrotator is perfect!
GOOD FIND I will keep TuTuneme install for those occasions when I need more control...

Please let me know if you find any other useful apps or tweaks!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #1959
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANe46 View Post
Ok so restoring my ipod did the trick... as of now I will stick with FlickTunes (nothing like jumping in the car turning the key and having the music autoresume where I left off) as most people wanted the ability to pause on shutdown then autoresume on startup. Less driver distraction!

Personally and for the sake of safer driving I hate the lock screen and just get rid of it; one less step so I would keep the NOLOCKSCREEN tweak

GOOD FIND SBrotator is perfect!
GOOD FIND I will keep TuTuneme install for those occasions when I need more control...

Please let me know if you find any other useful apps or tweaks!
Good thing the restore fixed your issues! I was hesitant to use NoLockScreen because I have my ipod set to require a passcode after a certain time, but I just found out that the passcode option still works! So i have bolockscreen enabled now. Good find
Old 09-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #1960
BobSC

My Ride: 01 330Cic, 07 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAZBMR View Post
I have a stand alone Sirius unit attached via the AUX in feature. Works very well. That is the only way I am aware of.

If I can figure out how to have a graphic on the aux display screen instead of the standard message it displays....it would be perfect.

2007 750Li (Sold)
2001 330Cic
2000 328i(Sold)
2004 X3
2012 X3
2012 750Li
BobSC is offline   Reply With Quote