E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
jblack03zhp

My Ride: 330i zhp
FS: M54B25/30 Ceramic Coated Headers

These are a set of unused/uninstalled black ceramic coated headers I picked up for the ZHP. Unfortunately due to some unexpected legal bills Ive been left strapped for cash as Ive already left for school and have stopped working for the semester. So yet another year I must wait to do my full exhaust

For those who are unsure the M54b25/30 means they will fit all 325/330 cars. Sorry no 323/328 fitment.

I need what I have in these back, had it non been for my issues I would've installed them and would be enjoying them for myself, so please I am very frim with my price. Im looking for 350+plus shipping. Please PM me or email me jblackman23*AT*live*DOT*com with any offers/intents of purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
The difference being men don't make excuses to rationalize why it's okay. We do as we please. No fucks will be given. You ma'am, give a fuck.

Last edited by jblack03zhp; 09-18-2011 at 09:16 AM.
jblack03zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
JcLusso

My Ride: BMW 335i xDrive
Send a message via AIM to JcLusso Send a message via Skype™ to JcLusso
Can I ask why someone would pay $450 for these when they look identical to the ones on ebay that sell for $100 shipped minus the coating? Not trying to drop your price but unless they are different...

Where did you get these headers you are selling?

Ebay Headers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...#ht_3049wt_903

Current Cars:
2011 BMW 335i xDrive | JB4 | Custom Meth Kit | Apex Racing EC7 | Remus Race Exhaust | AR Downpipe | 1M Front Bumper | Custom Headlights
Past Cars:
2003 BMW 325xi
My Websites:
Exit Monitor | Boostgram | Cache Ventures
JcLusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
jblack03zhp

for your uniformed and unnecessary post there bub. Yes if you look at the right times you can get them for 100 even on ebay. I paid 100, plus 45 bucks shipping. Then I paid for the shipping to have them sent off for the ceramic coating which was a pretty penny in its self. So my total incurred expenses have been included because like I stated, I wouldnt have spent my money and time to do all this if I hadnt planned to install them myself but unplanned bills come up. If you're too ignorant to see the total cost involved with doing a set of headers properly and just look at the face value then move along, maybe BMWs arent the place for you. Stuff aint cheap.

Though someones not getting a steal of deal Ive removed all the headache attached to doing this mod, minus the install. No need to troll ebay, no need to spend money and TIME waiting on delivery, and then waiting on the coating.

Quote:
The difference being men don't make excuses to rationalize why it's okay. We do as we please. No fucks will be given. You ma'am, give a fuck.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
WOW lol someone got defensive. Sorry man, but i agree Jc. Should be hard to get what your asking for these, not impossible.

GLWS man

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
jblack03zhp

Lol my apologies, I just dont understand how people put up paying the same just because someone has the equivalent goods and has a business name behind them. But being up til 9:30a studying an engineering workload will get your panties in a wad...

Maybe 400~450 shipped to your front door sound more appeasing?? I reaaally have to get rid of some of these parts I have laying around, but I bought them for a reason so Im not gonna undercut myself.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Free Bump to the top:

OP, please take this the right way.

When you or I buy anything "New" from a vendor, we have some recourse if anything goes wrong with said product. When you or I buy second hand, even if that piece is BNIB, It's much harder if not impossible to file any kind of claim. Simply because you or I were not the Original purchaser.

That said: There's a little more risk when purchasing from an individual off of the forums. People simply want a better deal, to offset these problems / possibilities.

Good luck with your sale.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
jblack03zhp

Preciate the words of wisdom rob. Thanks man.

TTT anyone wanna try and work something out?

Quote:
Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
I have sold something once on here and sold it for more then half price and it was brand new unused. But I did it to help someone out sense I did not need it anymore.

And on the headers I ceramtic coated mine for 25$ and works great. But OP lower the price and provide free shipping if your still going to sell for a lot.

They do look like they had a real good job on the coating and someone will buy so good luck with the sale.
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #9
jetblackmaverick

My Ride: parting out...=(
Those look just like the ones i picked up off ebay and the o2 sensor locations are in the wrong locations, two run into the body of the car and two others run into each other when installed. Had to install, mark new locations for o2 sensors after putting the passenger engine mount back in and also installing the subframe brace, then remove and send out to be modified at the muffler shop. Worst week of my life working on a car project. Price is a bit high, gotta be realistic, but glws as they look nice.
jetblackmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
FastKA24DET

My Ride: 330ci,Turbo Altima2k
Why whould u coat ebay headers in first place.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastKA24DET View Post
Why whould u coat ebay headers in first place.
The question is why wouldn't you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #12
jblack03zhp

What Bwallace said. Ebay, supersprint, bimmerbrake, etc. it doesnt matter. Whoever made it is neither here nor there in that aspect, its all uncoated metal. The extreme heat created by your exhaust gases transfer through the highly conducive metal, negatively affecting major compents of your vehicles engine bay that dont like heat so much; wire coatings, hoses, & the likes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

Quote:
Old 09-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
FastKA24DET

My Ride: 330ci,Turbo Altima2k
thats why i used heat wrap for 20 bucks. that will work better then a coat.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #14
jblack03zhp

You can, idk how I feel about the wrapping. Coating is more aesthetically pleasing along with added protection from corrosion. Its bare metal, wrapping doesnt seal it from the elements. But regardless this is a FS thread, not a discussion, unless if you have intent to purchase, please move this to a new thread in the proper section.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
ThatGuy_JZ

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to ThatGuy_JZ
I know this is an old post, but are these still available? I'm local too.

ThatGuy_JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
KickTheCAN

My Ride: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy_JZ View Post
I know this is an old post, but are these still available? I'm local too.
Dude, I think he's dead from that engineering workload
KickTheCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblack03zhp View Post
What Bwallace said. Ebay, supersprint, bimmerbrake, etc. it doesnt matter. Whoever made it is neither here nor there in that aspect, its all uncoated metal. The extreme heat created by your exhaust gases transfer through the highly conducive metal, negatively affecting major compents of your vehicles engine bay that dont like heat so much; wire coatings, hoses, & the likes.

Old post I know...

But to clarify, a header coating job is to keep the hot exhaust gasses, well, hot, as not to allow them to cool. This keeps the velocity of the exhaust high resulting in better exhaust scavenging. If you want to protect "Major components," you need heat shielding.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
Perfect_Balance

My Ride: 2005 ZHP
^ Explain this in more detail.

If the ceramic coating does keep the exhaust gases hot, I'm assuming that the coating works as insulation. If it works as insulation wouldn't a byproduct of that be protecting external components from realizing the potential heat from the headers?
Perfect_Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #19
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Balance View Post
^ Explain this in more detail.

If the ceramic coating does keep the exhaust gases hot, I'm assuming that the coating works as insulation. If it works as insulation wouldn't a byproduct of that be protecting external components from realizing the potential heat from the headers?
Yes you are correct. But this fool selling the product got them coated to protect his "Major Components." For some reason that's his selling point, and not the increased exhaust scavenging that comes with that.

Just saying...don't run these with out the proper heat shielding.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
jblack03zhp

Holy thread revival batman!!

But jesus christ guys, its a for sale ad. Not a technical discussion board for pros and cons of parts modifications. I know about exhaust scavenging, but however, many do not, wasnt trying to create a huge, in-depth discussion just to sell some parts... But Hornung418, point for you my friend, it appears you are well informed, hopefully, and not just regurgitating information. Thanks for the knowledge.

Quote: