E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #81
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
If someone wants to get into crossfit do they just do the WOD's or is there another schedule to follow. Also, what are the warmups. I'd assume you don't just jump into the WOD.
burpees. lots of burpees.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #82
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
If someone wants to get into crossfit do they just do the WOD's or is there another schedule to follow. Also, what are the warmups. I'd assume you don't just jump into the WOD.
A lot of people will start doing BrandX crossfit which has all the workouts scaled down a bit for when people first start out. Once you can do everything on there as prescribed you can jump onto the standard WODs.

I'd be happy to try to write some programming for you if you let me know your goals and what equipment you have and what days you plan on working out.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #83
Glight

For warmup I usually do some dynamic stretching and then something like:
3x
5 pullups
5 pushups
5 squats
5 situps
5 OHS @45lbs
Technique work on something I'm struggling with or specific to what I will be working that day.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #84
fugarza

My Ride: 330i, R6
Quote:
What are the differences between the two?
CF Football is geared for guys who emphasize strength, size, explosive power, and speed for short durations. Pretty much what a athlete would need if they are on the football field.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #85
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
A lot of people will start doing BrandX crossfit which has all the workouts scaled down a bit for when people first start out. Once you can do everything on there as prescribed you can jump onto the standard WODs.

I'd be happy to try to write some programming for you if you let me know your goals and what equipment you have and what days you plan on working out.
Thanks man I really appreciate it. I'm going to do the starting strength for a few months starting in the middle of this month then I think I want to do crossfit style workouts. They just seem fun.

Right now I have

workout bench with squat rack
regular workout bench (which I may sell for cheap unless a good amount of friends want to come workout too)
roman chair where I can do dips
pull up station where I can do dips also
600lbs of steel weights
2 45lb bars
ez curl bar
5-50lb powerblock dumbbells

I think that's it for now. My goal is to get stronger and gain muscle all while being more conditioned. To me Crossfit with a high cal diet might be my best bet. This p90x and insanity sh1t cut down my fat but I think since I've been almost weight free for a while I'm losing muscle. I guess it's my own fault for not lifting while doing insanity. One thing, I do notice about insanity is that the jumping around and squatting movements kill me a lot more than the upper body stuff. I seem to build up lactic acid pretty quickly and can't seem to get over the pain. I can physically do the moves but the pain doesn't go away from week to week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugarza View Post
CF Football is geared for guys who emphasize strength, size, explosive power, and speed for short durations. Pretty much what a athlete would need if they are on the football field.
makes sense. Thanks for your help dude
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #86
Glight

Quote:
Thanks man I really appreciate it. I'm going to do the starting strength for a few months starting in the middle of this month then I think I want to do crossfit style workouts. They just seem fun.

Right now I have

workout bench with squat rack
regular workout bench (which I may sell for cheap unless a good amount of friends want to come workout too)
roman chair where I can do dips
pull up station where I can do dips also
600lbs of steel weights
2 45lb bars
ez curl bar
5-50lb powerblock dumbbells

I think that's it for now. My goal is to get stronger and gain muscle all while being more conditioned. To me Crossfit with a high cal diet might be my best bet. This p90x and insanity sh1t cut down my fat but I think since I've been almost weight free for a while I'm losing muscle. I guess it's my own fault for not lifting while doing insanity. One thing, I do notice about insanity is that the jumping around and squatting movements kill me a lot more than the upper body stuff. I seem to build up lactic acid pretty quickly and can't seem to get over the pain. I can physically do the moves but the pain doesn't go away from week to week.

makes sense. Thanks for your help dude
Cool. After SS is over and I know your maxes I will come up with something definite. How many days a week / what days of the week do you want to train and for how many hours each day?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #87
DylloS

Quote:
Cool. After SS is over and I know your maxes I will come up with something definite. How many days a week / what days of the week do you want to train and for how many hours each day?
I'd say 4 days a week for maybe an hour for everything. Usually train at about 6-7 or 630-730. Any weekdays are find and some weekends.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #88
DylloS

this made me laugh

Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #89
Hartge50
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH

My Ride: The Hertz Mobile
Quote:
this made me laugh

Uummm what exactly do you call that move? That's not Kipping is it! lol

Hartge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #90
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
ESPN2 had the crossfit championships on....wow those mother****ers are absolute beasts. If you can do crossfit like that, you are a monster lol
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #91
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
ESPN2 had the crossfit championships on....wow those mother****ers are absolute beasts. If you can do crossfit like that, you are a monster lol
Yeah, they will have the finals on next Wed on ESPN2 from 8 - 10.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #92
DylloS

Quote:
Yeah, they will have the finals on next Wed on ESPN2 from 8 - 10.
Good to know. Some of those girls have very cute faces. Some of it was very boring though.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #93
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
there is nothing really to hate on about crossfit workouts. they are just like tabbattas, densities, 30:30, ect. theyre awesome. unless youre trying to get big. anything explosive will always get you the best results
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #94
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
just found out the deal with crossfit. seems its been around for a while as we all knew. the thing is what it has become. the new stream of crossfit is basically the bastardized version of what was. it use to be the same workout at the same time all across the country. weather youre big small short or tall, everyone did the same thing. it was legit. now they cut out some of the harder workouts and made it so everyone has their own "pace." but its really not crossfit anymore
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #95
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
just found out the deal with crossfit. seems its been around for a while as we all knew. the thing is what it has become. the new stream of crossfit is basically the bastardized version of what was. it use to be the same workout at the same time all across the country. weather youre big small short or tall, everyone did the same thing. it was legit. now they cut out some of the harder workouts and made it so everyone has their own "pace." but its really not crossfit anymore
Agree 100%. Thats why I wouldnt even consider doing the mainsite workouts daily and do my own programming now. Many feel the same.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #96
DylloS

Quote:
Agree 100%. Thats why I wouldnt even consider doing the mainsite workouts daily and do my own programming now. Many feel the same.
My question is how to ensure I wont be too sore the next day and making sure that I'm able to workout everyday. I'm sure once I get more experience with a lot of the lifts I haven't done I'll understand better.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #97
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
My question is how to ensure I wont be too sore the next day and making sure that I'm able to workout everyday. I'm sure once I get more experience with a lot of the lifts I haven't done I'll understand better.
what is "too sore to workout"?

If you're doing squat thrusts or something I would just keep doing bodyweight squats and ignore the burn.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #98
Glight

Quote:
With starting strength you wont be working out everyday, just 3 days a week. If you were to do the crossfit mainpage workout it is a 3 days on / 1 day off schedule. If you let me program for you after you're done with SS I will plan accordingly so you arent too sore from the previous day to do what I have planned for the current day.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #99
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
not sure if srs.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #100
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
what is "too sore to workout"?

If you're doing squat thrusts or something I would just keep doing bodyweight squats and ignore the burn.
yeah a lot of crossfit is multiple muscles so I would want to make sure I'm not too worn out from the previous days workouts

Quote:
With starting strength you wont be working out everyday, just 3 days a week. If you were to do the crossfit mainpage workout it is a 3 days on / 1 day off schedule. If you let me program for you after you're done with SS I will plan accordingly so you arent too sore from the previous day to do what I have planned for the current day.
I'd love that man. I just turned 29 today and it kind of sucks knowing I'll be 30 in a year. My goal is to be in the best shape of my life one year from now. No more fuucking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
not sure if srs.

What I mean is that if a crossfit program called for front squats one day and it kills me, will I be able to do other workouts that exhaust my legs.

Last edited by DylloS; 09-27-2011 at 01:13 PM.