E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #41
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Bump...

I'm looking in to my first Hand gun to compliment my Sig 556.

I'm going to head out to a local range here in CO to get a taste for the guns i have in mind. But just a preliminary, i'm a fairly small person and i love accuracy, and the idea of having a large capacity. I was originally considering the HK 45, but given me not being a big person i was thinking the next best thing would be the FiveseveN. I'm also considering a walther, but don't have much knowledge with them.

Input from the gun toting folk of e46?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #42
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Bump...

I'm looking in to my first Hand gun to compliment my Sig 556.

I'm going to head out to a local range here in CO to get a taste for the guns i have in mind. But just a preliminary, i'm a fairly small person and i love accuracy, and the idea of having a large capacity. I was originally considering the HK 45, but given me not being a big person i was thinking the next best thing would be the FiveseveN. I'm also considering a walther, but don't have much knowledge with them.

Input from the gun toting folk of e46?
Shoot a whole lot and see whats most comfortable. A FiveSeven is definitely high on my handgun list. The ammo is a little pricey just for plinking often though, if thats a factor to you. It's about $20 for 50 rounds vs about $11-12 for 50 rounds of 9mm.
I have a Sig P226 Elite Dark in 9mm, which is about the same price as the fiveseven and its more accurate then I can come close to shooting right now. I love the feel and love the way it shoots and it will look good next to a 556, and it can also double as a HD gun with some decent ammo. Also comes with a threaded barrel for added fun down the road
I also love how the m&p shoots and will own one of those sooner or later too. They are great little guns.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #43
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
If you are a smaller person, then I would assume you have moderate to smaller sized hands. If such is the case, then you will not be able to shoot the FiveseveN very well. The grip is very deep and with a proper grip, many people have trouble reaching the trigger. Try it and see if you like it, but I'm fairly certain it won't work for you.
An HK45 is a fantastic pistol, and it will fit your hand much better. The grip is thinner and you have much better ergos with smaller hands.
The S&W M&P is also a great gun, and the M&P45 is among the few double-stack .45ACP pistols that people with small hands can hold onto.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #44
k2pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
If you are a smaller person, then I would assume you have moderate to smaller sized hands. If such is the case, then you will not be able to shoot the FiveseveN very well. The grip is very deep and with a proper grip, many people have trouble reaching the trigger. Try it and see if you like it, but I'm fairly certain it won't work for you.
An HK45 is a fantastic pistol, and it will fit your hand much better. The grip is thinner and you have much better ergos with smaller hands.
The S&W M&P is also a great gun, and the M&P45 is among the few double-stack .45ACP pistols that people with small hands can hold onto.
I've actually got quite large hands, when i say small i'm just not very built/wouldn't be able to muscle a high recoil weapon. Lanky would've been a better description.

So that in mind, would you still recommend the HK45?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #45
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I still would. HK is great kit. They make fantastic pistols. You'll pay through the teeth for them, but they are fantastic guns. They're also a lot better looking. I know Glocks are ugly, but FN took ugly to a whole new level... But then and again, if you want pretty, you buy a 1911.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #46
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Have you considered a p220 elite carry? The gun itself is a bit on the heavy side (stainless steel frame) but the recoil is less than my G19, and due to the 1911 style beavertail, slide pinches are almost non-existent.

Two tone size approximation.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 10-04-2011 at 01:14 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #47
k2pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
I still would. HK is great kit. They make fantastic pistols. You'll pay through the teeth for them, but they are fantastic guns. They're also a lot better looking. I know Glocks are ugly, but FN took ugly to a whole new level... But then and again, if you want pretty, you buy a 1911.
Oh other factors to consider, i'm frequently in california and would need whatever i have to be CA legal, and from what i've read the hk45 doesn't meet that criteria, so it'd have to be a .40.

So how is the recoil and the general handling of the 45? I just assume a high caliber and energy round is going to have substantial recoil.

And to me there is something strangely beautiful about the FN.

I love all things futuristic, and majority of the time hate wood.

Though the hk certainly is quite the Looker...

Also it looks like the FN's ticket is up in CA come march of 2012, and in the event they don't allow it to stay it may be worth grabbing before then. There is also a good chance i'll become WA/CA based instead of CA/CO, but there doesn't appear to be much of a different between washington and colorado gun laws.