E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:23 AM   #2041
omni01_k

My Ride: 2010 335i
Hey Jeff. Hope I'm not asking the same question(s), but going from page 1 -102 might take a few days. lol
Just wanted to know if the navigation is built-in on all the models or only with the android model? Navigation is my main interest in the unit. I'd prefer to have one that is functional without the DVD but I won't die if I do. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #2042
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Nav programs on the windows models is on a micro sd card, we sell them with or without the card.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #2043
richyboycaldo

My Ride: Mx5 300zx 240z 330c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry_Juices View Post
Haha . Anyways I heard that there was a youtube video of the E46 version out, but it is in spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dh...pY32gxvKVhwfNA
You can actually buy it now from Spain. prices are 845 euros for android and 745 euros for WinCE! damn!!!! and v5 is a 695 euros.
richyboycaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #2044
stanley9414

My Ride: 325i
hey jeff , may i know how much does it cost to ship to malaysia ? can you count for me the total costs ? i have an e46 btw cheers.
stanley9414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #2045
J&T Distributing

Email me or PM for that kind of info.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #2046
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
Ok so I haven't been lurking around here for I dunno about 30 pages it looks like...so I suppose I've been pretty happy with my V5

Anyway today the missus tells me the touchscreen is not changing radio stations, so I think, she must be mistaken or the screen needs cleaning or something...

So what I find is that she is correct the screen has decided not to detect touches...but only when attempting to change channels in the FM band, all three screens...AM works fine and all other screens work as expected. Steering wheel controls still work to cycle through the FM stations but for some unknown reason FM radio will not accept screen touches to change stations. Everything else on the screen seems to work except the AF, PTY buttons get an 'Invalid' sometimes....

I'm sure this was working the last time I drove the car...

Anyone seen these symptoms, should I go to my dealer and get the latest firmware and see if that helps...?
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #2047
J&T Distributing

Well that is bizarre! Since it works ok on every other screen that says the hardware is ok, so it must be a software problem, try reinstalling the radio firmware.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #2048
Cranberry_Juices

My Ride: 2001 325cic
How do I know if I recieved the D95. I would hate taking the time to install it then realizing its a D90. Any clues?
Old 10-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #2049
Garmac

My Ride: 2002 325i
When did you order it? and from where?
Garmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #2050
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry_Juices View Post
How do I know if I recieved the D95. I would hate taking the time to install it then realizing its a D90. Any clues?
D95 are rolling out over the next couple weeks so unless you bought it in the last couple days it is going to be a D90.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-04-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #2051
Cranberry_Juices

[IMG]picture.php?albumid=3846&pictureid=20895[/IMG]

Heres a pic of the wiring diagram.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #2052
Cranberry_Juices

Doh.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #2053
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
mmmm dough.....
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #2054
Tchleung

My Ride: 02 M3
Well unfortunately, my Dynvin has finally gotten its first issue since I installed it over a year ago. I had the battery disconnected for about 2 weeks to install my SC kit, and after reconnecting the battery and firing up the Dynavin, the screen and unit is buggy. At first, the colors looked all wonky and not right. I figured it was just from not being used to it so I spent days playing with settings to no luck and just got it "close" to where I thought it was.... Until today. After starting the car up, the screen randomly flickers the colors. One split second it'll flicker to the normal colors, the next flicker it goes back to this weird look to it as if I have the color setting cranked way up and contrast adjust down. It flickers very fast and sporadic and happens every time I start the unit up. After a while of driving, the unit will stop flickering and settle on the funny display setting. I've confirmed in the display menu that it's not auto jumping around. The radio presets randomly cut out and reset to default as well. I think when I reconnected the unit, something shorted inside the Dynavin

00 Jet Black 323i 5MT - Fuel Saver

02 Carbon Black M3 6MT - Fun Car
456whp/312wtq @ 8psi, No #'s yet at 9psi
4.10 / Headers / ESS VT2-550+

Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #2055
richyboycaldo

My Ride: Mx5 300zx 240z 330c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchleung View Post
Well unfortunately, my Dynvin has finally gotten its first issue since I installed it over a year ago. I had the battery disconnected for about 2 weeks to install my SC kit, and after reconnecting the battery and firing up the Dynavin, the screen and unit is buggy. At first, the colors looked all wonky and not right. I figured it was just from not being used to it so I spent days playing with settings to no luck and just got it "close" to where I thought it was.... Until today. After starting the car up, the screen randomly flickers the colors. One split second it'll flicker to the normal colors, the next flicker it goes back to this weird look to it as if I have the color setting cranked way up and contrast adjust down. It flickers very fast and sporadic and happens every time I start the unit up. After a while of driving, the unit will stop flickering and settle on the funny display setting. I've confirmed in the display menu that it's not auto jumping around. The radio presets randomly cut out and reset to default as well. I think when I reconnected the unit, something shorted inside the Dynavin

Sucks, is there a manufactures warranty?
richyboycaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #2056
ChiTownTrav

My Ride: 2004 325CI
Send a message via AIM to ChiTownTrav Send a message via Yahoo to ChiTownTrav
Correct wiring harness on the way!
ChiTownTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #2057
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
The last (dual) firmware delivery made the V5 somewhat stable. There are only a few sporadic glitches now and then. It's quite livable to say the least.
I have long accepted the fact that the USB interface look and feel has been and will always be as it was, unchangable by any s/w or f/w upgrades. Only a hw change can change the appearance of USB interface. Am I right(?). I dont think we're gonna see Dynavin offering a diy hw upgrade anytime soon. Maybe rightly never

With the coming of V6, has Dynavin announced End of Support for V5 in terms of software patches?

Last edited by BrutaL; 10-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #2058
JoQ

My Ride: BMW 320
Is there any cheap DVB-T tuner that you can buy for your Dynavin? Not having to pay like $200 for the official one?

Anyone thinking about switching to a Android one and wants to sell theirs (living in Europe)? Contact me by PM
JoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #2059
Tchleung

My Ride: 02 M3
Just to update everyone, the problem has gone away. Having the car sit for so long, than multiple short drives and working on the car with the interior lights on, left me with a dead battery the morning after. After charging it and driving it more, everything seems to have fixed itself. I have found out my alternator only charges at 13.7v's so it's just enough to charge it and than some as long as I have decent drives. Weather or not, a weak battery was the issue, or whatever was wrong fixed itself... Either way it's all good again. Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchleung View Post

00 Jet Black 323i 5MT - Fuel Saver

02 Carbon Black M3 6MT - Fun Car
456whp/312wtq @ 8psi, No #'s yet at 9psi
4.10 / Headers / ESS VT2-550+

Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #2060
J&T Distributing

low voltage can screw up all kinds of things...... Glad it got resolved.