E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #61
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb330 View Post
Yeah, even with Britt out he seems like he'll rack up some points. Freeman keeps letting me down, I had a lot of faith in him, but looks like I should have gone with Stafford afterall.

What do you think about N Washington at the Utility position? I also have Jacobs, but its really hit or miss with him so far.
Jacobs splits carries w/Bradshaw. Though, he'll likely be the red-zone back & with him you'll have some more diversity in the line-up.

With Britt out you have to figure Washington will get more looks. But if you go w/Hasselback AND Washington, you'd essentially be doubling down on TENN's offense. Nothing too crazy about that, but consider CLE is in the top 5 in pass D.

All that said, I'd go with Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #62
Sponger
Banned

My Ride: 2000 328ci
What up fellas, I'll join in here for the rest of the season. Seasoned fantasy football vet with multiple championships to my name.

Got a few tough decisions this weekend: Newton or Kolb? Need to start three in a ppr league. Marshall, Roddy, S. Smith (car), Bowe, Manningham.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #63
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
Got a few tough decisions this weekend: Newton or Kolb?
I think you may have to go w/Kolb simply based on the match-ups. Cam's on the road @ CHI against a good D. While Kolb's @ home against the G-men who've lost sooo many defensive players I've lost count at this point. Plus, overall I think you're going to start seeing more modest passing #s league wide, so I'd rather have the QB w/more XP.

Quote:
Need to start three in a ppr league. Marshall, Roddy, S. Smith (car), Bowe, Manningham.
Gotta go w/Roddy--best offense of the bunch above & the #1 guy in ATL. As for the other 2, I'm thinking Marshall (b/c it's ppr) and Bowe. For this week I see them ranked as:

Roddy
Marshall
Bowe
Smith
Manningham

Quote:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #64
ghorn

Flex spot (pick one):

• L. Moore - Blew up last week & with Coleston out could see a lot more looks (EDIT: Holy crap. They just cleared Coleston to play, 3 weeks after reportedly breaking his collar bone. Wow.)
  • S. Greene - playing @ BAL. Tough D.
  • S. Holmes - @ BAL too (obviously)

AND

Pick 2:
  • Sproles @ JAX
  • Hightower @ STL
  • F. Jackson (BUFF) - had several 20+ pt games in a row (@ CINCI this week)
  • R. Matthews vs. MIA

Quote:

Last edited by ghorn; 09-29-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #65
SaN NizZLe

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Fantasy football question for a non-PPR league:

Q: Should I start Eric Decker (Denver) over Ander Johnson since Johnson's facing the Steelers?

I have 3 WR's starting:

Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Thomas

Bench:
Eric Decker
Danny Amendola

Last edited by SaN NizZLe; 09-30-2011 at 09:07 AM.
SaN NizZLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #66
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaN NizZLe View Post
Fantasy football question for a non-PPR league:

Q: Should I start Eric Decker (Denver) over Ander Johnson since Johnson's facing the Steelers?

I have 3 WR's starting:

Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Thomas

Bench:
Eric Decker
Danny Amendola
I don't think you can sit one of (if not THE) best WR in the NFL no matter who they're playing. I think your starters above are the best 3.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #67
dniper71

My Ride: A car
I was one of the lucky few to draft Arian Foster and finally the time has come, unfortunatly its against the Steelers so I have a really tough decision to make. My league has a flex spot so instead of Foster I have Meachem (vs Jags), Lance Moore (vs Jags) and David Nelson 9vs CIN) that I'm considering. I really need to win this weeks and this decision is crucial. I figure Lance Moore or Nelson is likely to bring 10 pts the way things are going but would it be crazy to start one of them instead of Foster? What you guys think

Last edited by dniper71; 09-30-2011 at 12:50 PM.
dniper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #68
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
I was one of the lucky few to draft Arian Foster and finally the time has come, unfortunatly its against the Steelers so I have a really tough decision to make. My league has a flex spot so instead of Foster I have Meachem (vs Jags), Lance Moore (vs Jags) and David Nelson 9vs CIN) that I'm considering. I really need to win this weeks and this decision is crucial. I figure Lance Moore or Nelson is likely to bring 10 pts the way things are going but would it be crazy to start one of them instead of Foster? What you guys think
That is a tough call. I think Moore is the safer play--they should light up JAX. But Foster has a bigger potential upside. You may want to look out for what they're saying about Foster in terms of him practicing. Wasn't it his hamstring? May take him a week or 2 to get back to his normal self.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #69
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
That is a tough call. I think Moore is the safer play--they should light up JAX. But Foster has a bigger potential upside. You may want to look out for what they're saying about Foster in terms of him practicing. Wasn't it his hamstring? May take him a week or 2 to get back to his normal self.
i have arian foster on two out of three of my teams. i think i'm gonna take the risk and start him in both. my guess is that houston just rested him to be cautious last week and that he's actually ready to play.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #70
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
i have arian foster on two out of three of my teams. i think i'm gonna take the risk and start him in both. my guess is that houston just rested him to be cautious last week and that he's actually ready to play.
Yeah, he's prob ready to play, but there are times when it takes a game or two to get the groove back. If I were you, I'd start him in at least one too

Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #71
MTreyM

My Ride: MTrey, E60
Ben Tate is doing good things, it will take some time for Arian to get back in the groove.

I dont know what it is about Cam, but I want to start him over Rivers again even though they are going against Bears D.....thoughts?

Also I just picked up Sydney Rice from FA, although the QB and the team in general is bla, Rice is a pimp. Should I start Rice, Meachem, AJ Green or Mike Williams.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #72
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTreyM View Post
Ben Tate is doing good things, it will take some time for Arian to get back in the groove.

I dont know what it is about Cam, but I want to start him over Rivers again even though they are going against Bears D.....thoughts?
I don't see Cam putting up #s like he did in weeks 1 & 2. League wide, I think defenses were hurt more by the lock out than the offenses and the Ds are catching up. This week I see Rivers having his best game of his season so far. They should crush the 'phins.

Quote:
Also I just picked up Sydney Rice from FA, although the QB and the team in general is bla, Rice is a pimp. Should I start Rice, Meachem, AJ Green or Mike Williams.
Almost seems like a pick 'em to me. I'd go Meachem. Plays in the system that will score the most points and he's had a TD the past 2 weeks.

Quote:

Last edited by ghorn; 09-30-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #73
Sponger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNNizZLe View Post

I have 3 WR's starting:

Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Thomas

Bench:
Eric Decker
Danny Amendola
Never, ever sit Andre Johnson, whats the matter with you. I agree that you have the best 3 starting, but if Decker is real close to getting the nod over Mike Thomas. Thomas is a huge risk. In a ppr it would be no question, Decker over Thomas imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
You must have drafted Foster top 3? That means you must start the guy if he is playing. You have to risk the 2 he might put up in case he puts up 40 which is why you drafted him so high. If a fantasy first round pick is active, I think there is no choice you must play him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTreyM View Post

Coming from a Chargers fan, Rivers is pissed and is chomping at the bit to throw for 400 and 3 TD's this weekend. He is going to connect with both RB's, both TE's and his fleet of WR's all day against Miami, who Brady chalked up for 517 yds. With that said, I am starting Cam in 3 of my 7 fantasy leagues, but my alternatives are Kolb in 2 and Romo in the other. Rivers is going to be top 3 QB this weekend fantasy wise, calling it.

I would start AJ Green out of those 4, followed closely by Meachem. If its a ppr, slight nod to Meachem.

Last edited by Sponger; 09-30-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #74
Sponger
Banned

Quote:
Flex spot (pick one):

• L. Moore - Blew up last week & with Coleston out could see a lot more looks (EDIT: Holy crap. They just cleared Coleston to play, 3 weeks after reportedly breaking his collar bone. Wow.)
  • S. Greene - playing @ BAL. Tough D.
  • S. Holmes - @ BAL too (obviously)

AND

Pick 2:
  • Sproles @ JAX
  • Hightower @ STL
  • F. Jackson (BUFF) - had several 20+ pt games in a row (@ CINCI this week)
  • R. Matthews vs. MIA
First question is honestly a three way coin flip. Holmes, Greene, Moore in that very close order for me though.

I would roll with Jackson and Hightower, depending on Matthews injury status. I really like Hightower against the Rams though. If Matthews is 100% on Sunday, I would roll Jackson and him. Sproles is a good stash on your bench for bye weeks and late season scampers though.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #75
dniper71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
You must have drafted Foster top 3? That means you must start the guy if he is playing. You have to risk the 2 he might put up in case he puts up 40 which is why you drafted him so high. If a fantasy first round pick is active, I think there is no choice you must play him.
I drafted Foster at 9th, when he dropped that low I didn't really have a choice but to get him. My other RBs are Turner, Forte and Benson. Have Dez Bryant, Santana Moss, Meachem, Moore, Nelson at WR... so I'm really stuck this week. I really want to throw Lance Moore in there instead of Foster since there is a chance he can have another great game this week due to Colston not taking over as main reciever this week just yet (they say he'll play like 25% of snaps this week). But then I also have Meachem and Nelson so its a crap shoot.

Last edited by dniper71; 10-01-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #76
dniper71

man, good thing I ended up playing Foster... put him in the lineup at the last minute. I guess the syaing "always play your starters" goes a long way sometimes... today it went for 155 rushing yds and a TD. Also had Forte go off and Turner. Crushed it this week with these guys playing against Rodgers (might put up 50 fantasy pts on the bum Broncos as of right now) and Steve Smith
Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #77
ghorn

Is Shonn Greene ever going to produce? The Jets aren't looking too good.

Shonn Greene @ NE

or

J. Best vs CHI

?

Quote:
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #78
dniper71

You figure the Jets are gonna try to exploit Pats 2ndary (althought marky mark at QB probably isn't capable of exploiting anything).... plus if you assume Pats are going to score some points (this is tough too, Jets D is alright), Jets might end up in a shootout game with them trying to catch up so the run game might get no action. Its a tough call though but based on the matchup I would go ahead and say to play Best. I just don't see anyone playing the Pats playing a control the clock type of run game.

What do you guys think of this trade; I traded Michael Turner for Mike Wallace. I Had Foster, Forte, Turner, Benson at RB and Santana Moss, Bryant at WR.... figure I free up Benson because I think I rather start him instead of Moss weekly so this way I end up with Foster, Forte, Benson, Wallace, Bryant. I'm gambling that Turner is going to have a lot more bust games then Wallace, I figure when Roddy White gets healthy, him with Julio Jones should make them a pass 1st team so hoping Turner's role becomes a little less... although I don't have much faith in Matt Ryan, I hope he'll get it together. Plus something with Turner's game I don't like... he gets like 50 yard on 20 carries and ends up busting for a big run and a TD to get his stats up, I don't think that'll happen too often and he'll up up being a bust more often then not. Hoping Big Ben stays healthy and improves and Wallace should put up some numbers, plus being a Steelers fan it adds a little more to the fun. What you guys think, bad logic with the trade or no?

Last edited by dniper71; 10-05-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #79
MTreyM

My Ride: MTrey, E60
I have Hightower, Jones, McFadden and Rice. I need to drop Hightower and pick up a RB for the bye week. Im thinking Stewart, Lynch or Jacobs (who has knee swelling) Im leaning toward more Stewart has the Panths go to him for catches.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #80
KeegMac5621

My Ride: is rollin on BBS's
Quote:
Is Shonn Greene ever going to produce? The Jets aren't looking too good.

Shonn Greene @ NE

or

J. Best vs CHI

?
Definitely J best, Greene is a bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
This site is full of douchebags. Go to e46getalife.com

Last edited by KeegMac5621; 10-05-2011 at 03:29 PM.
KeegMac5621 is offline   Reply With Quote