E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.65 average.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #81
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
rear wheel is super small.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #82
DTMdan

My Ride: E53 X5 3.0i Sport
Send a message via AIM to DTMdan
FWD... More rear wheel = more weight.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #83
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
I'd probably piss a lot of people off. I think stretched tires and stupid camber to tuck a tire under a fender lip is rice.
Stancing has nothing to do with rice. You can have a perfectly looking stock e46 stanced/dropped/slammed/stretched. Rice is mostly adding stupid mods that don't belong or won't add performance to your car. As far as I know, stancing improves handling and aerodinamic and it makes the car look good which is the main point. Umad?

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #84
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
i hope the fanatics who have that silly "illest" sticker on their car immediately rip it off after seeing that abortion of a car that has the same sticker

good to know who you are in company with, and who you refuse to be in company with
Old 10-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #85
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
Stancing has nothing to do with rice. You can have a perfectly looking stock e46 stanced/dropped/slammed/stretched. Rice is mostly adding stupid mods that don't belong or won't add performance to your car. As far as I know, stancing improves handling and aerodinamic and it makes the car look good which is the main point. Umad?
you have got to be kidding me

so stretching the sidewalls of a tire like they are a goddamn elastic beyond what i would consider safe, and running a -4 degree camber for the sole purpose of fitting your 17x11 tire with a 235 tire will add performance how?

come on dude.... face it, stance is the rice of 2010+
body kits and wings were 2000+

same thing, different era.... in my opinion, stance is a little less tacky than rice, however when you start adding roof racks as a fashion statement and stuffed animals with "illest" stickers, guess what.... you just riced out your car, "german" style
Old 10-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #86
DTMdan

Well it's a shame that people like that (that own cars like that) are free to just put whatever on their car, because illest was cool when it started... People ruin a lot of good things for people. It's kinda like how those rednecks wear the Ken Block/Monster products. The products aren't even cool, but they sure as hell made it obvious that it's not.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #87
DTMdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
you have got to be kidding me

so stretching the sidewalls of a tire like they are a goddamn elastic beyond what i would consider safe, and running a -4 degree camber for the sole purpose of fitting your 17x11 tire with a 235 tire will add performance how?

come on dude.... face it, stance is the rice of 2010+
body kits and wings were 2000+

same thing, different era.... in my opinion, stance is a little less tacky than rice, however when you start adding roof racks as a fashion statement and stuffed animals with "illest" stickers, guess what.... you just riced out your car, "german" style
Again, people ruining a good thing. Stance is not some kind of trend... but people turned it into one.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #88
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMdan View Post
Well it's a shame that people like that (that own cars like that) are free to just put whatever on their car, because illest was cool when it started... People ruin a lot of good things for people. It's kinda like how those rednecks wear the Ken Block/Monster products. The products aren't even cool, but they sure as hell made it obvious that it's not.
no offense... i "kinda" agree with what you are saying, but bottom line is... regardless of the sticker, those are the people you are going to attract at some point down the line

stickers in general are just tacky... it pains me to not market this website with an e46f sticker considering how much i have gained from here, but even that sticker alone... i just can't do it

Last edited by JJR4884; 10-08-2011 at 11:27 AM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #89
DTMdan

Quote:
no offense... i "kinda" agree with what you are saying, but bottom line is... regardless of the sticker, those are the people you are going to attract at some point down the line

stickers in general are just tacky... it pains me to not market this website with an e46f sticker considering how much i have gained from here, but even that sticker alone... i just can't do
I hear ya... stickers are a pet peeve of mine.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #90
JJR4884

Quote:
Again, people ruining a good thing. Stance is not some kind of trend... but people turned it into one.
ruining a good thing? with all due respect, please show me a "stance" car that was a good thing...

from what I understand... the purpose of stance is to give your car an aggressive "stance" by squatting it down low with a retarded barely drivable drop, and then wide ass rims that clearly don't fit, but you make up for in skinny tires that look like they are screaming for dear life

if you want to show me a pic of a nice car with nice fitting rims, flush against the fender with a minimal stretch, by all means.... however, from my perspective, I don't think that is extreme enough to be "stance" after all the horrendous examples I have seen in the past

Last edited by JJR4884; 10-08-2011 at 11:32 AM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #91
rcsummers

Quote:
FWD... More rear wheel = more weight.
didnt think of it that way, but even the wheel arch looks awkwardly small.

edit: the whole thing sucks though.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #92
DTMdan

Quote:
ruining a good thing? with all due respect, please show me a "stance" car that was a good thing...

from what I understand... the purpose of stance is to give your car an aggressive "stance" by squatting it down low with a retarded barely drivable drop, and then wide ass rims that clearly don't fit, but you make up for in skinny tires that look like they are screaming for dear life

if you want to show me a pic of a nice car with nice fitting rims, flush against the fender with a minimal stretch, by all means.... however, from my perspective, I don't think that is extreme enough to be "stance" after all the horrendous examples I have seen in the past
My car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
didnt think of it that way, but even the wheel arch looks awkwardly small.

edit: the whole thing sucks though.
Hehe I was being sarcastic
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #93
Dominic.G.
Banned

My Ride: Jetblack 1999 323i
Quote:
LOOK AT THAT PINKY NAIL!!!

and do post all the riced e46's
hah yea wtf!!!?
Dominic.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #94
Dominic.G.
Banned

My Ride: Jetblack 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by be-doubleyou View Post

I don't think he is bright enough to realize that rice is bad and that we are tired of seeing the same pics of his crappy car everywhere.
Dominic.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #95
JJR4884

Quote:
My car.
clean car, however how is it stance? i understand you have m3 offsets but i wouldn't consider that a "stance" car.... please take that as a compliment

you have an aggressive set up, thats for sure, but its clean and actually fits
Old 10-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #96
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
That's not a 240SX. It's actually a JDM S15 Silvia. I'm not even sure it's modded. It's amazing what is available from the factory in Japan.
I looked at the whole car. Trust me it's a conversion s15.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #97
rcsummers

Quote:
clean car, however how is it stance? i understand you have m3 offsets but i wouldn't consider that a "stance" car.... please take that as a compliment

you have an aggressive set up, thats for sure, but its clean and actually fits
my car could work. porsche wheels, mad to fit with adapters.

18x10 Front and 18x11, but i have have minimal stretch on the rears and medium stretch on the front

Last edited by rcsummers; 10-08-2011 at 02:31 PM.
rcsummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #98
JJR4884

Quote:
my car could work. porsche wheels, mad to fit with adapters.

18x10 Front and 18x11, but i have have minimal stretch on the rears and medium stretch on the front
rears don't look to bad, sorry but i'm not a fan of the front in the least bit... those poor tires look so damn silly

as long as you like it, i guess thats all that matters
Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #99
sfoE46

My Ride: 04 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
I really don't mind this edit: a good example of a nicely modded 240sx
that zenki aint ricey buddy!
sfoE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #100
rcsummers

Quote:
rears don't look to bad, sorry but i'm not a fan of the front in the least bit... those poor tires look so damn silly

as long as you like it, i guess thats all that matters
i agree the fronts quite a bit, next set of tires are gunna be 275/245or255