E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Would you be interest in an offical E46Fanatics event?
Yes 819 61.26%
Yes, if it wasn't on the east coast 471 35.23%
No 47 3.52%
Voters: 1337. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #30
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puri13 View Post
I doubt it.

But the reason you don't see a lot of bit legit mid-country meets is because that's asking just about everyone to travel a MAJOR distance for something that'll last just a couple days. Cali to Kansas is just over 24 hours according to google, over 3,000 miles round trip. We're all enthusiast and love showing off our cars, but doing all that in 3-7 day time span is pretty hard on wallets and cars. The mid-states don't have a lot of major meets and I'm sure they get little or no attention from the east or west coasts where bigger populations mean more local meets. I can't see an E46 nation-wide meet ever holding it's own. I love the cars and the forum is great but as it is you're talking about a 10-ish year old body that is mostly driven by teenagers young adults getting in to 'fast luxury cars' for cheap, cheap being the keyword there. And of course there's a few folks that bought their cars new or really fixed a used one up but only a portion of them would drive all day for something like this.

On the other hand I think E46F could be successful in having their own division/club presence at any major BMW meet like Bimmerfest, Mfest, 4ngie. Perhaps an organized parking area or even just a tent to create a presence, somewhere E46 owners could congregate and share their immediate interest within the BMW family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by love the 325ci View Post
is there still talk about a meet
looks like this died out. Would have been cool to have these though. I'd go as I'm sure many other people would. Both west and east coast work for me.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote