E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.65 average.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #101
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
amen to that, and there tons of riced out car on here but might hurt some feelings if posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
you have got to be kidding me

so stretching the sidewalls of a tire like they are a goddamn elastic beyond what i would consider safe, and running a -4 degree camber for the sole purpose of fitting your 17x11 tire with a 235 tire will add performance how?

come on dude.... face it, stance is the rice of 2010+
body kits and wings were 2000+

same thing, different era.... in my opinion, stance is a little less tacky than rice, however when you start adding roof racks as a fashion statement and stuffed animals with "illest" stickers, guess what.... you just riced out your car, "german" style
Old 10-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #102
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
Quote:

so stretching the sidewalls of a tire like they are a goddamn elastic beyond what i would consider safe, and running a -4 degree camber for the sole purpose of fitting your 17x11 tire with a 235 tire will add performance how?

same thing, different era.... in my opinion, stance is a little less tacky than rice, however when you start adding roof racks as a fashion statement and stuffed animals with "illest" stickers, guess what.... you just riced out your car, "german" style
completley agree with that.

enough debating about "stance" and post your rice spottings!!
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #103
threecoupe

My Ride: hates potholes
exhaust gone wrong

car gone wrong
Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #104
///Mostarac

lol that second pic looks like a crumpled up 5 series
Old 10-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #105
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
Stancing has nothing to do with rice. You can have a perfectly looking stock e46 stanced/dropped/slammed/stretched. Rice is mostly adding stupid mods that don't belong or won't add performance to your car. As far as I know, stancing improves handling and aerodinamic and it makes the car look good which is the main point. Umad?

No. Stancing does NOT improve handling. Stretched tires, stupid camber, and little to no effective suspension travel does not improve handling. It doesn't belong, does not add to performance, and thus by your own definition..... It's rice.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #106
DTMdan

My Ride: E53 X5 3.0i Sport
Send a message via AIM to DTMdan
Quote:
clean car, however how is it stance? i understand you have m3 offsets but i wouldn't consider that a "stance" car.... please take that as a compliment

you have an aggressive set up, thats for sure, but its clean and actually fits
That's what I was saying, the people that take the things to the extreme, ruin it... "Stancing" / Fitting wheels is an art (to the ones who actually know what they're doing).

I can fit about a finger between the fender and tire and it doesn't rub, at least like you'd think it would... ask so lowww & dbworld4k, they've seen the car in person. It has all of the ingredients to be called a "stance car"-- I just don't fvck up my fenders, slam it where it's un-driveable, and do things to the car that draw too much attention to it...
Old 10-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #107
///Mostarac

^^
Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #108
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
No. Stancing does NOT improve handling. Stretched tires, stupid camber, and little to no effective suspension travel does not improve handling. It doesn't belong, does not add to performance, and thus by your own definition..... It's rice.
Lol you sound just like everyone on bimmerforums.com...they think very BMW should set lap times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMdan View Post
That's what I was saying, the people that take the things to the extreme, ruin it... "Stancing" / Fitting wheels is an art (to the ones who actually know what they're doing).

I can fit about a finger between the fender and tire and it doesn't rub, at least like you'd think it would... ask so lowww & dbworld4k, they've seen the car in person. It has all of the ingredients to be called a "stance car"-- I just don't fvck up my fenders, slam it where it's un-driveable, and do things to the car that draw too much attention to it...
Dan's car is fcuking clean!
I on the other hand took it to the extreme but did it right
Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #109
DTMdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
I on the other hand took it to the extreme but did it right
Maybe with the low, but I love it man! Every time I see your car in person I'm like
Old 10-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #110
mbomb3

My Ride: 328
Anyone else notice how 95% of riced out cars have non matching body kits that are all scratched up? Its like they were trying to peel out and ran into a concrete post.
mbomb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #111
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
Stancing has nothing to do with rice. You can have a perfectly looking stock e46 stanced/dropped/slammed/stretched. Rice is mostly adding stupid mods that don't belong or won't add performance to your car. As far as I know, stancing improves handling and aerodinamic and it makes the car look good which is the main point. Umad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
Lol you sound just like everyone on bimmerforums.com...they think very BMW should set lap times
I don't see how you draw that conclusion. I was just letting djnekkon know he was misguided or misinformed, and that by his own definition, stancing is rice.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #112
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Quote:

Maybe you are a God in this site, but you are confused. Stanced doesn't necessarily mean stretched. You can stance your car in many different styles. stretched is just one of them. I stated "stanced cars handle and look better (pick one)". stretching is less Dangerous than is using fake wheels as if they were performance wheels. People doesn't participate on any type of stancework crew or club and want to become the new preachers. Have you worked your susp on a daily basis? cuz I do, and I garantee that if you know what you are doing **** won't happen. lecture yourself...and yes your car is stanced and if you add bbs caps will be rice

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #113
djoutofsight

My Ride: E46 M3 Smg Mystic

Car: Not an //M
TEAM EUROWERKZ NY DIRECTOR
djoutofsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #114
FromE55toM5

My Ride: 6spd E60 ///M5
Honda Veyron

Previous Whips:
330ci | ///M3 | E55

Endless Auto Body
FromE55toM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #115
allan1

My Ride: Lexus IS
^^^
allan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #116
DTMdan

Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #117
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromM3toE55 View Post
Honda Veyron

as much as that car is Not my style...i gotta say it appears they did do it with a lot of detail and quality
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #118
///Mostarac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromM3toE55 View Post
Honda Veyron

LOL, if he cleaned the car up a bit, it wouldnt look that bad. maybe get rid of the veyron bumper and put the same wheels on.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #119
///Mostarac

Because racecar.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #120
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
i thought it was just on airbags