E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
^^^ dudes, i'm talking about the Under over in the pic 2 or 3 before that....

I mean seriously? You really thought I meant the ARs? lolol I guess I should have said "I like the under over shotty IN THE OTHER PIC"

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-10-2011 at 02:44 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #22
TXSunDvl

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
You LEOs get to have all the cool stuff, without having to jump through hoops. How do you like the Magpul AFG?
TXSunDvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Never know.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #24
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Building my AR right now so don't have pics of it yet. And I don't think I have any pictures of my Remington 700 7mm mag.

also got this for the gf, its fun as hell to shoot though
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSunDvl View Post
You LEOs get to have all the cool stuff, without having to jump through hoops. How do you like the Magpul AFG?
I jumped through the same $200 4-month hoops as everyone else for the SBRs. ATF doesn't recognize individual officers. You're either a private citizen or a governmental organization.

I was fine with the AFG2, but it just wasn't my style. I tend to pull back more with my front grip, and my hand tends to slide off the AFG2. I wound up selling it. I am retrofitting that rifle to a smaller and lighter configuration, and I'm going with another stubby vertical grip. Of everything I've tried, the stubby VFG is the best of all worlds for me.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #26
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
I jumped through the same $200 4-month hoops as everyone else for the SBRs. ATF doesn't recognize individual officers. You're either a private citizen or a governmental organization.

I was fine with the AFG2, but it just wasn't my style. I tend to pull back more with my front grip, and my hand tends to slide off the AFG2. I wound up selling it. I am retrofitting that rifle to a smaller and lighter configuration, and I'm going with another stubby vertical grip. Of everything I've tried, the stubby VFG is the best of all worlds for me.
Do you use a trust for ATF purchases? I've heard in maryland at least it adds an extra 30-60 waiting for the local/state police department to approve the paperwork(not sure the exact process) to go through before you get started on ATF wait. Wondering if it's worth paying to get a trust drawn up.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #27
Slipknot1

My Ride: 03 M3
Reedo, which one do you prefer between your aimpoints? The M4s or micro?
Slipknot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa01e46 View Post
btw those are 00 buck 3" magnums. No one leaving my place in one piece... I have it

00 buck , bird , bird , bird , bird, slug (for the final kill)
Not to highjack the thread, but would think that you start with bird and upgrade from there. If you start with 00, why drop down to bird? My preference is bird, 4, 4, 00, 00, slug, slug.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese

BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #29
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Do you use a trust for ATF purchases? I've heard in maryland at least it adds an extra 30-60 waiting for the local/state police department to approve the paperwork(not sure the exact process) to go through before you get started on ATF wait. Wondering if it's worth paying to get a trust drawn up.
The wait times have been 4 months almost to the day with the trust route. I have heard people doing the CLEO sign-off method waiting 5-6 months. I personally prefer the trust route because it eliminates the issue of needing a CLEO sign-off, since I don't live where I work. I also made my own trust using Socrates trust software and then getting it notarized and witnessed. There are pluses and minuses for both ways. I'd rather wait less time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot1 View Post
Reedo, which one do you prefer between your aimpoints? The M4s or micro?
You know, I'm not sure. I like them both equally, but for different reasons. The M4S went onto the 11.5" because that's my primary training rifle and will eventually be a duty rifle.

The M4S is a 30mm tube, which gives it a lot bigger field of view (FOV) than the 1" tube of the Micro. The dot is also a 2MOA dot versus the 4MOA of the Micro, so it's better for long-range shots. Then the battery setup is better. It runs off of an ordinary AA battery for 80,000hrs, which is over 8yrs. Unfortunately, the M4S is relatively heavy. It's an absolute tank and can take some abuse (I know), but you will pay for it with the added weight.

The Micro's advantage comes in with it's dimensions and weight. It's significantly smaller and lighter; about 1/3 the weight and size, to be exact. That makes a huge difference on smaller or lighter weapons. The Micro uses a CR2032 watch battery, which is what most illuminated riflescopes use. It's a very common battery as well, and the 50,000hr life is fantastic. The Micro is also significantly less expensive. The M4/M4S will cost between $700-$800, depending on your mounting solution. The Micros can be had anywhere from $550-$650, depending upon mounting option and whether you go H-1 or T-1.

I have the T-1, but my next one will likely be an H-1. Given the cost savings and the weight and size savings, the Micro is the overall better optic. Whichever way you prefer, I definitely consider them to be superior to the M2/M3 models. Those models aren't bad, but the fact that they use the 1/3N batteries is problematic when you have to try and find them. Even though Aimpoints can stay on for years, when the power gets cranked up to max, you will have about a month on that power setting before the battery is toast. Such is why you need to have extra batteries on hand. I had that happen to my Micro, since the rheostat tends to move a bit too easily IMO. It's the only real complaint I have for the Micro.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 10-10-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #30
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
Not to highjack the thread, but would think that you start with bird and upgrade from there. If you start with 00, why drop down to bird? My preference is bird, 4, 4, 00, 00, slug, slug.
Well, I actually have went with a couple different setups, but reason with starting with 00 buck mag is in case I have to shoot through a door/drywall as the first shot. That will put a good enough size hole that the bird shot will make it's way through if I have to shoot through the door again.

Also, 2 3/4" bird is good, but if it's a big fella, that may not exactly keep him from using his weapon. A 3" 00 buck sure will.

...and post up your shotgun!

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-10-2011 at 09:28 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #31
Reedo302

I run 00Buck in the gun, but keep slugs in the 8rd sidesaddle. My slugs consist of 4rds of standard rifled slugs for long range, and 4rds of Hornady SST 300gr high-velocity slugs for close-range without over-penetration. With a Benelli, changing to slug in the chamber is extremely easy and quick.

Glock Armorer

Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #32
boostedisbetter

Quote:
I run 00Buck in the gun, but keep slugs in the 8rd sidesaddle. My slugs consist of 4rds of standard rifled slugs for long range, and 4rds of Hornady SST 300gr high-velocity slugs for close-range without over-penetration. With a Benelli, changing to slug in the chamber is extremely easy and quick.
god, I wish I could afford a Benelli.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #33
chorizo

My Ride: E3SIXXX///
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot1 View Post

Glock 19 and trp operator w/ rail.
can i swap a 3.0 out of a bmw 2002 325 into a 1997 528 series
chorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #34
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
I'll take a picture of my 870 soon...there might be an additional birthday purchase soon though thanks to the advice of Reedo.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #35
Reedo302

Quote:
god, I wish I could afford a Benelli.
Worth every penny. I honestly could survive the rest of my hunting career with my Super Black Eagle if I wanted to. It just works so damn well. I bought the M4 a while back, which I love, and I keep putting off picking up the 24" Ultra Light for pheasant hunting.
My brothers and I bought my dad a new M2 a couple years ago. He was skeptical about going away from his old Wingmaster, but one weekend in South Dakota with the M2 and he joined the die-hard Benelli fan club.

Glock Armorer

Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #36
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My benelli m3 super 90 will be the best $350 I will ever spend on a gun. It always works, takes a ton of abuse and is so much fun
Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #37
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
That extended mags on the glock is SICK! How many rounds dose that hold? And kaput, nice amount of ammo, and nice keyboard
Thanks. It has been answered, but the long one is a 33 rounder, originally a stock Glock 31 rounder, with the Glock +2 base plate.

I own 2 17 rounders from the Glock 17 and two stock 15 rounders.

I found a HUGE ammo dump in my house today, and I have some rounds I am sure are worth some coin, but the best part was the 12 full 50 round boxes of .45 ammo, including the hollow points and +p reloads.

I'll try and get the hammerless 5 round .38 revolver and 1911 in a pic for you guys soon.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #38
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Thanks. It has been answered, but the long one is a 33 rounder, originally a stock Glock 31 rounder, with the Glock +2 base plate.

I own 2 17 rounders from the Glock 17 and two stock 15 rounders.

I found a HUGE ammo dump in my house today, and I have some rounds I am sure are worth some coin, but the best part was the 12 full 50 round boxes of .45 ammo, including the hollow points and +p reloads.

I'll try and get the hammerless 5 round .38 revolver and 1911 in a pic for you guys soon.
how the hell do you just "find" an ammo dump in your house lol NICE!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #39
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
how the hell do you just "find" an ammo dump in your house lol NICE!
The house that my mom and I lived in when I was in middle school had a TON of ammo left behind by the previous owner. A few thousand rounds of .22, among a variety of other things.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #40
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife