E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #21
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
However, as Carcus pointed out, a low-profile light is always a good option. If you carry, you would do well to carry around a good quality high-output flashlight. I carry a SureFire E2D Defender with a 200lumen LED conversion.
awww...

That's what I have. Well, the E2DL, but, same thing if you have the LED conversion. I like how you can switch between 200 and 5 lumens. 5 is perfect for dim situation when you just want to read/look at something without burning it in a giant death ray of LED light.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
awww...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
That's what I have. Well, the E2DL, but, same thing if you have the LED conversion. I like how you can switch between 200 and 5 lumens. 5 is perfect for dim situation when you just want to read/look at something without burning it in a giant death ray of LED light.
I bought my E2D about 7 years ago before LED technology got big. I later bought the SureFire KL1 LED conversion head, but it's only about 50-60 lumens. Nothing too fancy. Now it's the TNVC E2D conversion. 200 lumens is fantastic. I prefer a single setting for most uses, especially since this is for an on/off weapon light. For weapon light use, you DO NOT want dual-output capability. For EDC pocket use, dual-output can be useful.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
I don't use it on a weapon. I've got the TLR-1 and if I did want a rifle mounted light, I'd look into the TNVC head for Surefire G2's as I've got a couple of those laying around too. I like the dual output a lot too. It always goes to 200 lumens first so If I did ever NEED to be more than just a flashlight someday, it'd be ready. when you click the cap, it alternates every other click, but, if it stays off for more than... I'd say... 2-3 seconds, it goes to 200 lumens by default.

Not sure if that makes sense.

/thread jack, hahaha
Old 10-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #24
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Lexie330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Why would you be pointing your gun at them in the first place, though? If you have a reason/justification for pointing your gun at someone, then it's not always bad. An essential element to assault is intent. You shouldn't be using a gun as a flashlight in a power outtage. If it comes to that, discretely dismount the light and use it separately. Conversely, if you are searching your home for an intruder and you light up the jerk-wad neighbor boy who's sneaking in to hang out with your daughter, you had justification for flagging him.

However, as Carcus pointed out, a low-profile light is always a good option. If you carry, you would do well to carry around a good quality high-output flashlight. I carry a SureFire E2D Defender with a 200lumen LED conversion.
So I take it you have a daughter?

Need brakes? Bother Anthony Here!
Lexie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote