E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #61
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post

Man up you vagina!

No but seriously, I'm contemplating taking some leftover percs I have...
I want to go sit in an ice cold bath for hours so I can't feel my body..
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #62
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Did you jump right back into heavy deads?

I love whole milk btw. It's so tasty.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #63
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
thanks man

hahha dude I first saw it on my phone and apparently the app doesn't white out words. It showed clear as day the first time I saw it.
**** lol

Quote:
i took a cold shower at the gym today... i was like "ooooh" "aaahhhh" "brrrrrr"

people must of thought i was jacking off

Quote:

whole milk makes protein shakes taste like they are bad for you.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #64
BMW_Matt

Quote:

Yes.
135x5
185x5
225x5
255x5
275x5
315 for 3 and my grip started slipping.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #65
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Vid?!?
No vid unfortunately. I sold my Flipvideo and my wife was spotting me, so there was no one to hold my phone (with the flip I put it on a tripod).

Quote:
One thing I've noticed watching power clean videos is that people seem to loosen their grip a little bit at the top in order to shoot their elbows under the bar and get it on their shoulders. Tomorrow i'm doing it again and I hope I get it right.
You want to start using the hook grip as soon as possible. The sooner you do it, the less time you will have to spend unlearning your normal grip.

Basically wrap your thumb around the bar and then grab it so your index and middle finger are locking your thumb around the bar.

Horrible explanation, so look up some pics.

It will really help with fast elbows and catching on your shoulders instead of in your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post

Congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
I deadlifted for the first time in about 5 months yesterday....you think that you're hurting? I'm dead. Literally.
How'd your back hold up? Any issues from your injury?
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #66
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
You want to start using the hook grip as soon as possible. The sooner you do it, the less time you will have to spend unlearning your normal grip.

Basically wrap your thumb around the bar and then grab it so your index and middle finger are locking your thumb around the bar.

Horrible explanation, so look up some pics.
is this it?

Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #67
Glight

Quote:
is this it?

Yep. You'll see how it helps to avoid pulling with your arms so you can whip the elbows under a lot faster.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #68
DylloS

Quote:
Yep. You'll see how it helps to avoid pulling with your arms so you can whip the elbows under a lot faster.
That's one thing I have to work on. I definitely pull with my arms. I've spend at least 2 hours watching videos of power clean form and from what I gather you basically rest it on your legs and drive with your hips while shrugging it up to the rack position. One thing I'm uncertain of is if you're supposed to touch your legs or almost touch them.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #69
BMW_Matt

Quote:
No vid unfortunately. I sold my Flipvideo and my wife was spotting me, so there was no one to hold my phone (with the flip

How'd your back hold up? Any issues from your injury?
Fine I guess. I've been sore for the past few days. I need to get some chalk ASAP tho...
Old 10-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #70
DylloS

Quote:
Fine I guess. I've been sore for the past few days. I need to get some chalk ASAP tho...
I'll probably get some of that once my weak ass gets a little stronger and I have grip issues.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #71
BMW_Matt

It wasn't necessarily my grip that made it slip, I was drenched in sweat and the bar sits on my first knuckle so it's hard to stop it from slipping.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #72
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:

hahha dude I first saw it on my phone and apparently the app doesn't white out words. It showed clear as day the first time I saw it.
I saw it too. I haven't used the web page in a year.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #73
Glight

Regarding power cleans, you want the bar to graze your legs just above the knee. If you're doing it right it will grab at your shirt slightly as it passes by if you are wearing something slightly baggy. You will see a lot of people on YouTube that have it bounce off their thighs. You don't want that as it leads to a non vertical bar path. In other words, the bar will swing away from your body and then have to come back to you at the top of the lift. This is less efficient and gets you off balance since the back is pushing you backwards an down when you receive it on the shoulders.

In a perfect world the bar will go almost straight up and Down. If you take video you can upload it into this program called kinovea (sp?) that will trace the path that your bar takes. Pretty cool program and it's free. I will try to take one this weekend and upload with the trace feature activated.

Regarding chalk, I would highly recommend it. You can get a 2+ year supply from rogue for about $15 shipped.

Just hit 315x15 on my squat. Brutal. Almost puked when I was done.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #74
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
power cleans are one of the only compound lifts that i dont do. am i missing out? ive tried them before and it felt really awkward and unproductive
Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #75
DylloS

Quote:
Regarding power cleans, you want the bar to graze your legs just above the knee. If you're doing it right it will grab at your shirt slightly as it passes by if you are wearing something slightly baggy. You will see a lot of people on YouTube that have it bounce off their thighs. You don't want that as it leads to a non vertical bar path. In other words, the bar will swing away from your body and then have to come back to you at the top of the lift. This is less efficient and gets you off balance since the back is pushing you backwards an down when you receive it on the shoulders.

In a perfect world the bar will go almost straight up and Down. If you take video you can upload it into this program called kinovea (sp?) that will trace the path that your bar takes. Pretty cool program and it's free. I will try to take one this weekend and upload with the trace feature activated.

Regarding chalk, I would highly recommend it. You can get a 2+ year supply from rogue for about $15 shipped.

Just hit 315x15 on my squat. Brutal. Almost puked when I was done.
thank's man. I just took some video. One is a front view and the other is a side view. The angles aren't perfect but I have to upload them. Prob tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
power cleans are one of the only compound lifts that i dont do. am i missing out? ive tried them before and it felt really awkward and unproductive
they're awesome man. Get into them.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #76
DylloS

Workout B
Squat 90
OH Press 60
PC 100
Old 10-15-2011, 03:52 AM   #77
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
cleans might be the best workout you will ever do. strengthens core, lower back, legs, flexers, traps, ect ect ect.

like glight said, you want to throw the bar straight up. make sure you arent coming away from your body. you should get to the point where your arms dont feel like they pull as much as you push through with your hips.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #78
DylloS

Here's the videos.

I still need a lot of practice. I move too slow I think and I don't shoot my elbows under fast enough or bring the bar high enough. I need to get my wrists more flexible too.

Constructive critism would be great. Please don't make fun of me haha. btw the music choice was my gf's. I can't listen to my screaming stuff with her around haha.

I'll make more videos on Wednesday when I do PC's again. You guys should see the first phone videos and then these. I made a lot of improvements since then lol.

Last edited by DylloS; 10-17-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #79
Glight

Quote:
Here's the videos.

I still need a lot of practice. I move too slow I think and I don't shoot my elbows under fast enough or bring the bar high enough. I need to get my wrists more flexible too.

Constructive critism would be great. Please don't make fun of me haha. btw the music choice was my gf's. I can't listen to my screaming stuff with her around haha.

I'll make more videos on Wednesday when I do PC's again. You guys should see the first phone videos and then these. I made a lot of improvements since then lol.

Honestly, not that bad. It would help to set your back a little flatter before you get started. Part of the problem is that you have the small diameter weights on there, so it is starting lower than it should. If you try increasing the weight a bit, it will help to make sure your form is good (seems counterintuitive, but it has worked with everyone I have taught power cleans to. Keep that bar close to your body and let the weight land on your shoulders. Its not gonna hurt even though it seems like it will...
Old 10-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #80
DylloS

Quote:
Honestly, not that bad. It would help to set your back a little flatter before you get started. Part of the problem is that you have the small diameter weights on there, so it is starting lower than it should. If you try increasing the weight a bit, it will help to make sure your form is good (seems counterintuitive, but it has worked with everyone I have taught power cleans to. Keep that bar close to your body and let the weight land on your shoulders. Its not gonna hurt even though it seems like it will...
thanks dude. It's funny you say that because since I've gone a little heavier I feel like my form has improved. Wednesday I will be doing a 25 plate and a 5 so I think by Monday I'll have at least a 35 on there.