E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #61
isaiahj95

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
300 stickers.
does your car have a panoramic sunroof?! :O it looks like it in your picture l
V
isaiahj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #62
isaiahj95

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Je'Voudrais'E36 View Post
get a rack, lip and get low, . . . if your w welder or have a buddy cross fingers for coil over sleeves :] , . . . but thats some work involved, .

and bro i got a yakima rack with the faring and it doesnt affect much at high speeds, did a few runs doing 130ish
where'd you get yakima rack with faring ???
isaiahj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #63
patdown

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330Ci
Umnitza Predator Orion AE's and smoked corners
Group buy for ZHP AA tune
Mason Engineering clutch pedal

2005 330Ci ZHP 6MT
AA Tune, domestically engineered CAI w/aFe Pro S, UUC TSE3,
Cooling Sys ovhl with Stewart WP, BMW M3 Front Strut Brace,
Koni FSD struts/shocks with original springs,
Cryo-Stop Rotors, Akebono Euro Ceramic pads, SS Brake/Clutch lines, CDV Delete,
Mason Engineering clutch pedal, Umnitza Predator Orion AE's, smoked corners and sides,
VMR V710 18" Staggered w/Hankook Ventus V12 235's/FR and 265's/RR
patdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #64
Hermes

My Ride: cars older than you
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetieater View Post
So far we've all been talking about cosmetics.

OP, go and get a BMW Performance air intake for your car if you're still running the stock box. That's a real mod that will keep an idiot smile plastered on your face for as long as you have the car.
I have the BMW Performance Intake system and it really does nothing. If you're going for looks and a slight sound difference, yeah its worth it but if you think its gonna make your car faster its not. To get real performance $300 is not gonna cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
roof racks belong on vw's

you seem to be on the wrong forum

but it's your ghetto car. you're making payments for it. ruin and ghetto it out however you want.

that is all.
???? really ???? are you gonna tell my buddy with the tricked out Laguna Seca M that his Thule rack should be on a VW when he destroys you from the line (and carrying a bike at the same time)?

OP - to answer your original question, the best place for you to spend $300 (and I've spent way more, would do in a different order if I started again) is a Sprint Booster. After that is a DME tune (e.g. Conforti Shark, AA, etc.)

Respect Your Elders
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #65
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
I have the BMW Performance Intake system and it really does nothing. If you're going for looks and a slight sound difference, yeah its worth it but if you think its gonna make your car faster its not. To get real performance $300 is not gonna cut it.

???? really ???? are you gonna tell my buddy with the tricked out Laguna Seca M that his Thule rack should be on a VW when he destroys you from the line (and carrying a bike at the same time)?

OP - to answer your original question, the best place for you to spend $300 (and I've spent way more, would do in a different order if I started again) is a Sprint Booster. After that is a DME tune (e.g. Conforti Shark, AA, etc.)
Why would you waste money on a sprint booster just get the shark.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #66
Hermes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Why would you waste money on a sprint booster just get the shark.
Have you tried one? I agree shark is better but OP is asking most noticeable mod

Respect Your Elders
Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #67
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:

OP - to answer your original question, the best place for you to spend $300 is a Sprint Booster. After that is a DME tune (e.g. Conforti Shark, AA, etc.)
YES, that's exactly what I'd tell him if his "tricked out M destroys" my M3

Sprint Booster just makes the pedal feel more responsive. Adds NOTHING. Software Tune actually does something.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #68
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Quote:
Have you tried one? I agree shark is better but OP is asking most noticeable mod
Tell him to go to homedepot and get a brick, attach the brick to the bottom of his shoe, and drive like that. It's essentially the same thing.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #69
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
tattoo "LOSER" on your forehead
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #70
Je'Voudrais'E36

My Ride: 323i, Z4
Send a message via AIM to Je'Voudrais'E36
dude you should totally two tone your interior!

Muffins are ugly cupcakes.
Je'Voudrais'E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #71
Hermes

Quote:
YES, that's exactly what I'd tell him if his "tricked out M destroys" my M3

Sprint Booster just makes the pedal feel more responsive. Adds NOTHING. Software Tune actually does something.
If you re-read what I said then you'll see that I only said sprint booster is a "noticeable" mod, never claimed its the best mod. Besides, you should do both (DME tune) anyways'

Also, OP drives a 325... he will notice it even if it doesn't really add performance. Comparing your M to my friends HPF Stage 3 M is a whole different ball game from what OP can do

Respect Your Elders

Last edited by Hermes; 10-16-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #72
Alex323Ci

Quote:
If you re-read what I said then you'll see that I only said sprint booster is a "noticeable" mod, never claimed its the best mod. Besides, you should do both (DME tune) anyways
I read what you said. I do Not need to re-read it.
You said your friends laguna seca blue tricked out m would destroy me off the line.
Then you said he should get the Sprint Booster (which costs $295). To do this before getting a tune(another $350+).

You both go buy some roof racks and plaid cloth and redo your headliner and put some "illest" stickers on your cars and then do the Sprint Booster. Oh but you only have $300.

$50 for plaid cloth to redo headliner and $250 worth of illest stickers.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #73
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Tell him to go to homedepot and get a brick, attach the brick to the bottom of his shoe, and drive like that. It's essentially the same thing.

and the brick is $295 cheaper

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 10-16-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #74
Hermes

Quote:
I read what you said. I do Not need to re-read it.
You said your friends laguna seca blue tricked out m would destroy me off the line.
Then you said he should get the Sprint Booster (which costs $295). To do this before getting a tune(another $350+).

You both go buy some roof racks and plaid cloth and redo your headliner and put some "illest" stickers on your cars and then do the Sprint Booster. Oh but you only have $300.

$50 for plaid cloth to redo headliner and $250 worth of illest stickers.
i dunno whats going on with this thread... Yes, my buddy's HPF M3 is sick but it also has >600hp so comparisons to your car are not realistic... (per HPF's site cheapest Stage 3 is $31,995 and you need a M3 to begin with...)

also, you have admitted that a DME tune is over $300, OP put a cap at that number... I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I actually totally agree with you that DME tune is worth it, I'm just saying if he has a budget there is a different order you have to do things.

Respect Your Elders
Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #75
Alex323Ci

Quote:
i dunno whats going on with this thread... Yes, my buddy's HPF M3 is sick but it also has >600hp so comparisons to your car are not realistic... (per HPF's site cheapest Stage 3 is $31,995 and you need a M3 to begin with...)
also, you have admitted that a DME tune is over $300, OP put a cap at that number... I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I actually totally agree with you that DME tune is worth it, I'm just saying if he has a budget there is a different order you have to do things.
are you kidding me. my friends car is better than yours post

who cares about an HPF M3? you are embarrassing yourself. do yourself a favor and delete. i'll delete your mention of it too so you don't get flamed by others.

by the way we can compare. my car has (less than) > 600hp too

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 10-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #76
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Why limit yourself to $300? Is this some kind of social experiment where you try to live for a month with a mod budget of only $300 to prove it's possible/difficult/impossible?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #77
Hermes

honestly i could care less whose car is better. point is OP asked for a $300 mod that he would NOTICE, not what is the best mod to do first... all i've tried to do is answer his question. If he wanted to know what are the best mods to do for performance he should edit his post/title so we can answer him with things like DME tune, FCAB, RTAB, limiters, reinforcement plates, sway bars, etc... I was not trying to get in a measuring contest as I will freely admit my car can't compete with you or my buddy so can we just put this to rest?

Respect Your Elders

Last edited by Hermes; 10-16-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #78
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
tattoo "LOSER" on your forehead

This.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 AM   #79
hcardona111793

My Ride: 2004 325i
sorry guys, college doesn't give me enough funds. haha. as for the mods, their going great. i got a full set of clears including corners, sides and tails, new, from a member for $130 shipped and im looking at a roof rack for $120, so that would leave me $50 bucks! what should be done with those! as for the shark injector, that i definitively on my list. but that will be the next round. thanks guys!
hcardona111793 is offline   Reply With Quote