E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
YoungFanatic

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325ci
Window Problem

Hey guys.
Im pretty new here if you cant tell. I did search the forums before posting this and I could not find anything similar to my problem, with that said. My car has worked perfectly fine and all of the mechanics are fine with it. But for whatever reason my driver side window is having problems. I drive a 2002 325ci (i will try to post pictures of the problem)

The problem: I am assuming that everyone's car does this thing where after you close the door the window moves up just a little bit into the trim/frame around the top of the door. For whatever reason it seems that when i open my door the window moves up prematurely. so now suddenly my window is the 1cm or whatever to far up. so when i attempt to close the door it smacks against the trim and will stop there. the door does fully close its just the window is slightly bent up over the outside of the trim which allows air into the car and probably is hurtful to the window.
I have noticed that if i (from the outside) push the window inward it will snap back into place and be perfectly fine. or if i roll down the window then roll it back up it goes into place just fine. the door also opens fine and does not feel to get stuck by the trim/glass.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer I truly cannot seem to find any reason for this happening but I could easily be over looking something. If you need anymore information just let me know if it will help you troubleshoot.
YoungFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-North View Post
You need to adjust the vertical travel screws that you will get to from the bottom underneath of the door. Roll the window all the way down, remove the two black rubber grommets (one at front one at back) and adjust the torx screw in each. You turn anti-clockwise to lower the vertical travel. You may have to try a few times till you get it right.

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
RAGEthreads

My Ride: 2000 328i
Speaking of windows...my passenger window is on its last life...I do not feel like going to BMW to fix thi$ problem...does anyone have instructions how to replace the regulator ..if thats the problem..

I know I'll have to carefully pop off the interior panel with all of the plastic clips hidden around, then there is a bolt that holds the window pane near the regulator I believe...ANY ADVICE please respond..thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
YoungFanatic

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325ci
Thank you BMW-North I will try this later when the rain lets up here and i have a little bit of free time. Hopefully it works for me.
YoungFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
Liam.attwood

My Ride: 3 series coupe '01'
i have a window problem, if i open my driver door, (with the window up) i can move the window about an inch width ways..

so what is happening is when i drive at around 60+ mph, and open the window.. when i come to close it, the window goes fully up, but stops on the metal trim, instead of going up into its hole (along side the trim)... this is causing a whistle noise, the only time it works is when im going at slow speeds.. obviously something to do with the pressure inside the car pushing the glass out at high speeds..

would anyone know what needs replacing?

clips or a runner maybe?
Liam.attwood is offline   Reply With Quote