E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #61
liquiddawn

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
I recommend getting the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's. You CANNOT go wrong with those tires. I paid $750 for all four and that was for 19", for the 18" they are cheaper. The tires are amazing, I love their tread design, grip and they are really quiet.
liquiddawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #62
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Oh I just looked at modbargains website.

http://www.modbargains.com/VMR-VB3-B...-Wheels-19.htm

They say 24, and 25 there. haha.
That's funny, I guess they sprinkle their wheels with pixie dust or something to make theirs lighter.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #63
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
That's funny, I guess they sprinkle their wheels with pixie dust or something to make theirs lighter.
hahahaha its magic
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #64
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Potholes are universal. I still don't think the impracticality is worth it.
Nor is the price difference in the tires. This will get expensive, and you will end up going with cheaper tires when you have to replace them, which can happen fast. I have seen a lot of cars with 19's and cheap, crappy tires on them. I assume they did not factor in the extra cost over the years. But, the OP may have deep pockets, and it may not matter.
Also, judging from his replies, he has already made up his mind, so I am not real sure why he posted this.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #65
MJLavelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPIN3 View Post
17's

Are you serious, or joking? Because I would love to get some nice looking 17's, something not too heavy. But I seem to be in the minority. 18 and 19in wheels are heavy, and slow your car down. If you look for really lightweight 18's or 19's, they get REALLY expensive, like 1/3 of the value of your car expensive. And I just can't do that. But it is getting very hard to find 17in wheels now. Most of the ones I like are not available in 17in.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #66
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Nor is the price difference in the tires. This will get expensive, and you will end up going with cheaper tires when you have to replace them, which can happen fast. I have seen a lot of cars with 19's and cheap, crappy tires on them. I assume they did not factor in the extra cost over the years. But, the OP may have deep pockets, and it may not matter.
Also, judging from his replies, he has already made up his mind, so I am not real sure why he posted this.
I posted this at the beginning of June when I was still deciding. I already got the ones I wanted. Some random guy bumped this thread thats why everyones commenting now! haha
Old 10-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #67
MJLavelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddawn View Post
I have no clue what half of you guys are talking about. Some of your claims are ridiculous. I live in LA and I went with 19" VMR V710's and I'm so glad I went with them over the 18's. The ride is no harsher than it already is and the car is not any slower what so ever.

Just get a good set of tires and you will be ok. I went with the Hankook Ventus V12's and I'm happy with how it turned out. Also, for those saying your car will be slower, how so? If anything your car just got lighter(or at least not gotten any heavier) depending on if you've went from your stock rims to something like these VMR's because the VMR's are actually lighter than your stock rims.
Car and Diver tested this last year. They did not agree with you.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...sted-tech_dept

But in the end, the only person that needs to be happy with the choice is the person buying them. Like everything else, there are tons of opinions about this, but the OP is the one writing the check, so he is the one that needs to be happy with his decision.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #68
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Car and Diver tested this last year. They did not agree with you.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...sted-tech_dept

But in the end, the only person that needs to be happy with the choice is the person buying them. Like everything else, there are tons of opinions about this, but the OP is the one writing the check, so he is the one that needs to be happy with his decision.
Yeah this is true... but I love the picture they show on the site because the bigger the rim gets, the better looking it gets!

It all depends on what a person likes. I will gladly give up .2 seconds of acceleration for a better looking wheel! haha
Old 10-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #69
MJLavelle

Quote:
I posted this at the beginning of June when I was still deciding. I already got the ones I wanted. Some random guy bumped this thread thats why everyones commenting now! haha
Well, I did not notice that it was a zombie thread, back from the dead! I guess you can ignore all of us jumping back in on it. So, what did you end up going with?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #70
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Well, I did not notice that it was a zombie thread, back from the dead! I guess you can ignore all of us jumping back in on it. So, what did you end up going with?
Went with 19's. VMR VB3 silver. They're in my sig. haha. Picked them up from someone locally for an amazing deal so I could pass them up! haha. I couldn't be happier
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #71
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Well you decided, now enjoy them and don't sell your car for a long time!

What suspension setup are you running? It seems you're sitting a bit higher in the back, but could be the picture. My car sits in the exact opposite way.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #72
DJ Reminisce

My Ride: Knows Dubstep SUCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains III View Post
If anybody is still looking for a 19" CSL style wheel, you might want to consider the Sportline CS.16 CSL Style Wheel as it'll be lighter, and stronger than most aftermarket CSL Style wheels out there. Here's a few pictures and more info:

19x8.5 ET35:

19x9.5 ET45

Sportline CS.16 CSL Style Wheels 18" & 19"- BMW E36/E46/E9X/Z3/Z4
http://www.modbargains.com/Sportline...Wheels-BMW.htm

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly via PM, email or simply give me a call at:

714.582.3330 Extension 8002 - Jurrian
Jurrian@modbargains.com

Those are probably the wheels I am going with when I am ready to pull the trigger. Can't wait to get rid of my OEM pigs lol

Nice wheels OP!
Amber LED Corners/6k HID Fogs/LED Interior_Shadow Emblems
500W_RE Audio_Hertz Components

House Mixes:
DJ Reminisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #73
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Well you decided, now enjoy them and don't sell your car for a long time!

What suspension setup are you running? It seems you're sitting a bit higher in the back, but could be the picture. My car sits in the exact opposite way.
I'm still sitting on stock sports suspension. My next project is suspension. Can't decide though if I wanna go all out with some coilovers or just get an H&R cup kit... Probably gonna order one or the other next week.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #74
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
Too bad those Sportlines don't come in gunmetal!

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #75
DJ Reminisce

My Ride: Knows Dubstep SUCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzzoe View Post
Pretty sure you can get them coated in any finish you want.
Amber LED Corners/6k HID Fogs/LED Interior_Shadow Emblems
500W_RE Audio_Hertz Components

House Mixes:
DJ Reminisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #76
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Reminisce View Post
Those are probably the wheels I am going with when I am ready to pull the trigger. Can't wait to get rid of my OEM pigs lol

Nice wheels OP!
Awesome! We've already started shipping out wheel and tire packages so we should get some awesome pictures soon, but these wheels at the weight they're currently at? Can't be beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzzoe View Post
We can get them powdercoated at an additional cost, no problems whatsoever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Reminisce View Post
Pretty sure you can get them coated in any finish you want.
Hell, if you want 'em pink, I'll get them powdercoated pink, that's all up to you guys, I'll handle the rest of the details!
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #77
liquiddawn

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
I'm still sitting on stock sports suspension. My next project is suspension. Can't decide though if I wanna go all out with some coilovers or just get an H&R cup kit... Probably gonna order one or the other next week.
LOL, you're going down the same exact route that I am! My next step is suspension and I'm pretty much decided on the H+R Racing Cup Kit.
liquiddawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #78
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddawn View Post
I recommend getting the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's. You CANNOT go wrong with those tires. I paid $750 for all four and that was for 19", for the 18" they are cheaper. The tires are amazing, I love their tread design, grip and they are really quiet.
+1 I have them on my Z cheap,quiet & good grip
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #79
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
+1 I have them on my Z cheap,quiet & good grip
+2

Have them on my car as well. Decent grip, very quiet and comfortable, and best yet they're inexpensive compared to everything else out there.

Currently I've even got a $80 rebate for Hankook tires too so if you're looking to get wheels and tires, now's the time to do it. I can offer you a very special price as well if you want to get some 19" sportlines and some Hankook tires
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #80
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains III View Post
We can get them powdercoated at an additional cost, no problems whatsoever

Hell, if you want 'em pink, I'll get them powdercoated pink, that's all up to you guys, I'll handle the rest of the details!
At what cost though? I like the look of V710's better anyway, gonna go with those at only $100 more. Powdercoating is what, $100 per wheel compared to $100 more total for the set on the gunmetal VMRs?

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
csl, hypersilver, rep, vmr, wheel