E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #121
alwaysbored786

My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
^whats their rate?

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #122
gdr888

My Ride: LSB M3 E46
BMW of Towson has been very good to me or my girl cause she' is the one that brings it there.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #123
gdr888

My Ride: LSB M3 E46
That old man on the parts counter@ Ellicot city Stealership needs to retire!! It's so hard to get stuff in there even when u got the part# written up on a piece of paper.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #124
bmdubalicious

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
^whats their rate?
Its about 90/hr but I trust those guys with anything. They do amazing work and good turnaround time too.
bmdubalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #125
No1ustad

My Ride: 2003 M3 imola red
would you get work done from a place that looks representable but isn't accredited by the Better Business Bureau?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:21 AM   #126
EM3RGY

My Ride: M3 Vert
BBB is a scam. Doesnt matter whether any company is BBB accredited or not because in order to get a good rating a company just has to pay. At one point the terrorist organization Hamas, was on BBB with a A+ rating because some people wanted to make a point lol.

Do some research on the shop, and ask for references if you're really skeptical.

EM3RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #127
Blade929

My Ride: ///M
Send a message via MSN to Blade929
Hey guys
I just wanted to let you guys know about the outstanding service I received at Northwest BMW. There are countless posts about crappy service and for once I can say NW went above and beyond for me.

My wife's X3 had been in for service prior to it going off CPO. At that time, they could not diagnose an issue that was happening sometimes with the windshield washer tank. Subsequently that car went off CPO due to it being older than 5 years. The issue continued to get worse and became consistent so I took the car in on Thursday to have it looked at again. Well it turned out that the line for the rear washer runs inside the car and a faulty fitting was causing windshield fluid to leak into the car and pool in the rear passenger foot-well.

Basically BMW NA was not going to cover the claim. Jim Hollister and Ryan Woodring (Woody) went to bat for me and Northwest basically took care of it. Itís this type of service that really impresses me in a time when decent customer service seems to be getting more and more scarce. I suggest if you are in the Baltimore area strongly considering Woody for your tech. He attention to detail is excellent and I donít worry about leaving my M3 with him (he has an E46 M3). As an example, he called me before they almost ran it through the car wash knowing I only wash it by hand or touchless. Jim is now service manager (he used to be my advisor) and the entire advisor staff that have helped me there have been good.
:thumsup:
Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #128
mko9

My Ride: '04 330i ZHP
NOVA service

I did a quick search on BMW's page for the dealers closest to me (Alexandria, VA just outside the Beltway near Rt 1) while reading through this thread. Oddly, it does not list BMW of Arlington at all, even when I bumped the search radius out. Alexandria is closest, then Fairfax, then Passport. Passport seems to get universally good reviews in this thread, but I haven't seen much said at all about BMW of Alexandria. Anyone?

Thanks

'04 BMW 330i ZHP
'08 Audi TT Roadster
'13 Land Rover LR4
mko9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #129
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
So far I've had no issues with BMW of Sterling.

I have had my BMW's subframe inspected there and they always give me great prices on parts and price match BMW of silverspring/www.getbmwparts.com within 10 dollars which is great! I cannot vouch for their quality of work since I DIY everything but they did set my OBC clock to the correct time ( I thought that was a nice touch )-- I would recommend you decline their complementary car wash unless you want your cars paint to be scratched up and with streak marks afterwards... I wish I had...
Old 03-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #130
Lusticles

My Ride: 325Ci
Went to Tischer today. Service staff was cold and unhelpful. Cashier lady basically shoo'd me away after she processed my credit card. The guy at the parts desk however was very friendly and upbeat, pleasant to deal with.

Also for anyone who lives close and buys online (getbmwparts.com) and chooses "local pickup" I would just save the hassle and go buy it directly at the parts desk.
I went in for an Aux cord today and paid ~$33 out of the door. Before I went in I started to order it online and choose local pickup and the MSRP of the AUX cord was ~$40 dollars. "Discount" from the tischer website was like ~$31 but after taxes and "handling" fees it still came out to $40. I went to the desk without ordering and paid about what the "online discount" was without ordering anything online.

May not be like that for all parts, but at least for cheaper parts it may be worthwhile to skip the ordering and just go and buy it.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #131
QcSlv1

My Ride: N/A
Benz Elite Automotive...

Anyone been for a major service? I got a quote for new rear bearings and Type II inspection for 1,589.43

Honestly that price is so low from everyone else I'm kinda nervous to take it there.

Thoughts?

Last edited by QcSlv1; 03-23-2011 at 02:30 PM.
QcSlv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #132
Cristobal09

My Ride: 2006 M3 convertible
Send a message via AIM to Cristobal09
Ive been taking my M3 to Evolve Sport Automotive in Manassas, excellent prices and David is the only person I trust touching my car. They all charge a fraction of what other places charge in the area from what ive noticed.
Cristobal09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #133
dirtbike59

My Ride: 04 330ci
i do I2 on the side for about 1100 with valve adj.

Flyingmachineworks@gmail.com
dirtbike59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #134
waynedude

My Ride: 2003 M3 Convertable
I've been going to BMW of Fairfax, but every time I end up spending at least $1500.

I'm trying to find a shop to "program the Alarm to ON". I installed the factory alarm and just need the coding (I even have the instructions from BMW that came with the kit) but everybody is quoting me around $280 (Fairfax and Alexandria). It didn't cost half that for the parts, and it is a 10 min project.

I called a place in Alexandria (Alexandria Bavarian Service). Anybody heard or have experience there? They said they would do it for $110.. Still high..

If anybody knows where I could get this done for a fair price, It would be greatly appreciated! I live in DC.

Thanks!
waynedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #135
323power

My Ride: '11 335i
Attention all MAR Norf people who use JCL...they're now in their new [awesome] shop. 70 Main St, Hellertown, PA

323power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #136
Ex Mustang Driver

My Ride: 2003 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
I take my car to a shop out in manassas called Auto Advantage. They specialize in the sale of pre-owned BMW's and have an awesome service shop. The head tech there is very cool and he is mod friendly. They also give free loaner vehicles. Maybe give them a shot?
I'm guessing you mean Advantage Certified Auto in Manassas Park. I recently took my "new to me" 330ci to them for inspection. Very friendly and very helpful. The service advisors Glenn and James spent a good half hour with me after they were off the clock. Learned enough from them to know that I have alot to learn.
Ex Mustang Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #137
DiscoStu
Sienna Red Coupe

My Ride: 2013 VW GLI
Right, they've since changed their name. I actually haven't taken my car there in a long time, years actually. Not since my warranty ran up and I started doing all my own work. It is a great shop still, Glenn is fantastic to work with.

My most recent favorite shop is AutoScandia in Herndon. They seem like they're out more to make a friend (and a return customer) than a dollar.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #138
zm323i

My Ride: 323i
Urbans Auto Service

Urbans auto service
In baltimore and its a independent BMW shop. plus i work there
zm323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #139
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
My car has been at Sterling BMW since yesterday at 7:30 AM. I haven't even received a call about it. Called them yesterday at 5M and they haven't even looked at it yet.
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #140
edrock200

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to edrock200
I have 2004 BMW M3. I used to take it to BMW of Sterling and had no complaints but once the maint lapsed I shopped around for a specialty shop. I just took it in for a major service to BMC Automotive in Chantilly and was very pleased with the service. Came in at about 40% of what the dealership wanted for the same service, and if the man at the front counter is to be believed, almost all of their employees are former BMW technicians. Either way, they really only work on BMW's and seem to know their stuff.

I didn't do anything major, just fluid flushes/changes, belts, parking brake adjustment, and some bumper clips, but they did so on time and within what I considered a reasonable price for that vehicle. Only complaint is their hours. I believe they close at 5pm (possibly 6?) and aren't open weekends so it was hard for me to drop it off and pick it up with work without taking some time off and having someone to pick me up/drop me off. It's not near any mass transit.