E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 67 votes, 4.88 average.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #1021
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx.325i View Post
I just completed this DIY w/ Parrot CK3000 EVO and Connects2. I got it to say 'Paired Successful' but my phone (DROID X) says 'Paired but not connected' and its not working.

I'm running Parrot w/firmware V5.11C. I'm assuming thats my problem. How do you update firmware on the Parrot? Or might it be a phone setting why its Pairing, but not Connecting?
This might help: (from Parrot)

A new software version has been released for the CK3000 Evo v5.25 which improves the compatibilty with the Android phones, this update needs to be done at your local Certified Installer, which will do the update via serial cable (Dealer may charge for update)

In the mean time the procedure below may help

Pairing can be difficult, and as such the droid is not currently considered compatible with the evolution. The phone should pair; but may not connect. What some of our customers have been able to do is to pair with the Parrot, where the Droid reads "paired but not connected" then clear the memory on the Parrot, whence it will announce "memory erasing in progress please wait". Most steering wheel controls will allow you to clear the memory with a combination of the Volume Keys Vol- followed by Vol + 5 Times (-+-+-+-+-+). Or if you have the red/green keypad with the dial in the center, simply press and hold the red/green button at the same time. Normally when the Parrot is done it will announce PLEASE PAIR DEVICE when its done, but these customers have reported that it instead simply beeps indicating it connected to a phone, and sure enough the Droid showed it was connected and paired.

Again this work around has worked for many customers, but at this time we do not consider the Motorola Droid compatible with the CK3000 evolution, it is so with all of our other current devices, and as such do not guarantee its functionality.

Thanks For Choosing Parrot
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #1022
alx.325i

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafuzz View Post
If you're using android you need firmware 5.25 and the programming cable from some uk shop or else the connection is hit or miss, mine wouldn't connect at all, there's a work around in this thread http://forum.parrot.com/usa/viewtopic.php?id=4746, it only worked for me half of the time so i ended up buying the cable, pain in the ass

http://www.parrot.com/documents/en/s...tion_notes.txt

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk/acatalo...ng_cables.html
I may end up just buying the cable as well, does anyone want to sell me theirs so i don"t have to deal with overseas shipping?
alx.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #1023
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
I may end up just buying the cable as well, does anyone want to sell me theirs so i don"t have to deal with overseas shipping?
I was hoping to find it somewhere else other than some website based in the UK. Lemme check eBay.

EDIT: No dice.

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 11-01-2011 at 08:47 AM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #1024
JLondon

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
I just completed this DIY w/ Parrot CK3000 EVO and Connects2. I got it to say 'Paired Successful' but my phone (DROID X) says 'Paired but not connected' and its not working.

I'm running Parrot w/firmware V5.11C. I'm assuming thats my problem. How do you update firmware on the Parrot? Or might it be a phone setting why its Pairing, but not Connecting?
I have the same setup with V5.11C and an HTC Evo Shift. Pairing works OK. Clear all previous pairings then re-pair. When setting your Droid to scan for devices, it may ask you to enter a pairing code (maybe 0000). Go to your Droid wireless settings to confirm and enter your pairing code.
JLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #1025
jimmelo

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
bluetooth

I just removed my setup from my e46 as I am purchasing an 335d today and I didn't want the dealer to get all that fun stuff I installed. pm if interested. I also posted on the for sale section over on bimmerfest.com.

Thanks for this thread as it was extremely useful when I first installed this almost two years ago.

Regards,
Jim
jimmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #1026
Ausfahrt
Groccery Getter

My Ride: Touring/550
Send a message via AIM to Ausfahrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmelo View Post
I just removed my setup from my e46 as I am purchasing an 335d today and I didn't want the dealer to get all that fun stuff I installed. pm if interested. I also posted on the for sale section over on bimmerfest.com.

Thanks for this thread as it was extremely useful when I first installed this almost two years ago.

Regards,
Jim
Do you have CTPPAR007 or CTPPAR008? If you have the 008 i'll buy it from you.

Thanks
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #1027
desain19

My Ride: 330CI
is it possible to play music on my phone to the car's speakers via this bluetooth setup?
desain19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #1028
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by desain19 View Post
is it possible to play music on my phone to the car's speakers via this bluetooth setup?
No, this is not a solution for streaming music to your speakers.
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #1029
desain19

My Ride: 330CI
Do you know if there is a thread on how to wireless stream music to my sound system?
desain19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #1030
steve.325i

The Dice Mediabridge supports BT streaming, but I personnaly will never buy another Dice product again ... just like I will never but another GM product
Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #1031
InterlagosBlau

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlzRider View Post
I just realized this wont work for iPhone users UNLESS your iPhone is a 3GS. The 3GS is the only iPhone with voice dialing capabilities.
I was pumped to do this for my next project until I saw this ^^ What do you do if you have an iPhone 4?
InterlagosBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #1032
SaN NizZLe

I'm selling my entire Parrot bluetooth kit with everything needed to plug n play on your E46 if anyone is interested
SaN NizZLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #1033
e46frvr

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaN NizZLe View Post
I'm selling my entire Parrot bluetooth kit with everything needed to plug n play on your E46 if anyone is interested
Dibs! PMd with zip code. Please let me know about price shipped
e46frvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #1034
SaN NizZLe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46frvr View Post
Dibs! PMd with zip code. Please let me know about price shipped
PM sent
Old 12-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #1035
jimmelo

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
I also still have mine for sale. I have the exact same setup as the original poster, so if that is what you need that is what I have. PM if are interested. I used it just fine with all of my iPhone's up to and including the 4. Shipping is minimal via USPS flat rate boxes.
jimmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #1036
blaster3500

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmelo View Post
I also still have mine for sale. I have the exact same setup as the original poster, so if that is what you need that is what I have. PM if are interested. I used it just fine with all of my iPhone's up to and including the 4. Shipping is minimal via USPS flat rate boxes.
Pm sent!
blaster3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #1037
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagosBlau View Post
I was pumped to do this for my next project until I saw this ^^ What do you do if you have an iPhone 4?
Sell it for an iPhone 3GS!!!! The Parrot mod does what it does well and has being doing what it does well all these years with few updates and fewer bugs. So don't blame it because Apple update their products every week in order to make more profit off of eager to splurge consumers that want the latest everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desain19 View Post
Why are people even remotely interested in this!? Where is everyone getting information on that they should be playing music thru their car's bluetooth system from their cellphones!

Was there a super bowl commercial I missed!?

I don't understand how that is even practical! First it would demolish your battery life especially if you are data streaming it thru pandora and everytime you get a call, or text, or calender alert, or facebook update, or twitter update, or email won't it interupt your music.

Also anything streaming thru the archaic bluetooth/phone system channel in the E46 will sound like listening to music over your cellphone! No it will sound like listen to music thru a cup at your ear with a string going to another cup in Czech Republic placed at another cellphone playing music!!!!

Just buy an AUX cable for $34 and make life simple.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 12-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #1038
steve.325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Was there a super bowl commercial I missed!?
... classic ... just classic !!

Quote:
...First it would demolish your battery life ...
Actually, a bunch of companies have BT speakers for home use. My buddy that works @ rim showed me one last year. Pretty slick & sounded great.

http://www.bose.ca/controller?event=...aker/index.jsp

Quote:
Also anything streaming thru the archaic bluetooth/phone system channel in the E46 will sound like listening to music over your cellphone! No it will sound like listen to music thru a cup at your ear with a string going to another cup in Czech Republic placed at another cellphone playing music!!!!
Yup I agree, bcuz the parrot disconnects the speakers from the HU and drives the FRONT SPEAKERS ONLY from it's own internal amp.

... cup at your ear ... lol ... rough day Olaf ? lol
Old 12-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #1039
SaN NizZLe

My set up is still available.

PM me if interseted
Old 12-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #1040
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
will be done soon, great write up. THANKS