E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
llenzo

My Ride: 330CI
330Ci Problems

I have a 330CI 5AT and worked perfectly for 3 years! now I started to have issues with it!
Last week, it start with: When I turn on the car in the morning, the rev start to jump between 400rpm and 1200rpm! and the car start vibrating and act abnormal, so when i press on gaz to 3500RPM it goes back to normal.

I took it to my dealership they said this is from the DISA Valve Adjuster Unit! while another dealer said that it is from a part that only runs when the engine is cold that keep the rev to 1000RPM and then it turns off after 1 min when the engine start to heat (I don't know the name of the part )

So I am confused about which part is working wrong.

The other issue is this afternoon while going back home from work the "Electronic transmission control module" suddenly the indicator lamp goes on! the one that means that there is something wrong with the transmission! so I stopped and I turned off the engine! I waited then I started the engine the lamp goes out! so I read the user manual it says "If the indicator lamp goes out after a few seconds, normal transmission performance has been restored. You may continue to drive as usual." this is the first time that happens, I am not sure about it! I noticed that the transmission is not smooth like it should! Tomorrow I will take it again to the dealer to check it out!

It will be nice if you share with me if someone knows about those issues so I can have a good idea about it when I will take it to repair it.

Thank you and I am sorry for my bad english.

AllenZo
llenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
nka203

My Ride: 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to nka203
Only issue I had with that "car vibrating and not idling correctly" is from the intake hoses being ripped. You should check the intake hoses coming from the engine to the Air Intake Box. Usually at the bottom portion they would have a rip but it is hard to spot unless you feel around it.

Sorry to hear you're having transmission problems, how many miles do you have on this car? Automatic/Steptronic transmissions on these BMWs are notorious for going bad with mileage.
nka203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
llenzo

My Ride: 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nka203 View Post
Only issue I had with that "car vibrating and not idling correctly" is from the intake hoses being ripped. You should check the intake hoses coming from the engine to the Air Intake Box. Usually at the bottom portion they would have a rip but it is hard to spot unless you feel around it.

Sorry to hear you're having transmission problems, how many miles do you have on this car? Automatic/Steptronic transmissions on these BMWs are notorious for going bad with mileage.
Thanks for you reply!
Well I took it today to the dealer the error for the transmission is Gear monitoring 3 I am not sure what is that! he reset the code and he said everything is OK! but i am not sure about that. I hope I dont have to change my GearBox. btw my gear is ZF steptronic and i have arround 100k miles.

as for the issue that is doing in the morning! the code is secondary air system bank 1 and bank 2! I have to change something that is called "breader".
llenzo is offline   Reply With Quote