E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #2081
owenxguo

My Ride: 02 M3 + 01 S2000
where is the steering wheel control box?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 AM   #2082
mrmozz

My Ride: E46 touring
Hi Does it have a light sensor that would dim the screen when it's dark in the car? And brighten the screen when daylight? Or can it be connected to the cars stock instrument light dimmer? Or non of the above?
I'm imagining it will be rather annoying to have to go into settings on the dynavin every day to adjust the brightness.

Great forum btw!
mrmozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #2083
Dominic_M

My Ride: e46 M3
I GO Maps, where do I get them...?
Dominic_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #2084
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmozz View Post
Hi Does it have a light sensor that would dim the screen when it's dark in the car? And brighten the screen when daylight? Or can it be connected to the cars stock instrument light dimmer? Or non of the above?
I'm imagining it will be rather annoying to have to go into settings on the dynavin every day to adjust the brightness.

Great forum btw!
It can be set to turn off OR dim (on D95) the screen by holding down the mute button.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #2085
mrmozz

My Ride: E46 touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
It can be set to turn off OR dim (on D95) the screen by holding down the mute button.
Ok, thanks But why not have a light sensor? Even cheap mobile phones have had this for many years now. It works great. When I hook up my phone in the car the screen always adjust to a comfortable brightness day and night. They should really think about implementing this feature. Are the developers open for suggestions from the consumers?
mrmozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #2086
Shade00

My Ride: 03 325Ci
I will probably be getting rid of my E46 before long but I have enjoyed my Dynavin V5. I use the USB function everyday and have liked the bluetooth capabilities. However, the one thing that continues to drive me crazy is that my bluetooth phone volume is almost intolerably low - I have the bluetooth phone volume turned up to 39 and can't hear callers that well in the city, and can barely hear them at all on the highway. Bluetooth music is much better. I'm thinking maybe my phone (Droid X) is limiting the volume because it recognizes the Dynavin as a bluetooth headset instead of a car kit. Oh well.

Edit: forgot to add that I am on the stock, non-HK amp. Volume is pretty low overall but I have considered trying the Dynavin's internal amp with 4 ohm 6.5" speakers to see if it helps.
Shade00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #2087
rmckinney

My Ride: 2003 325i
I've done DANe46's Epic Dynavin iPod Touch setup and really like the set up but was wondering if there was anyway to control the iphone using the dynavin touchscreen. The only thing that I have found that is comparable is the mimic module that works via bluetooth signal https://store.mp3car.com/ProductDeta...e=MimicsModule. Anyone know if this module could be integrated into the dynavin or any ideas on how to make this work?
rmckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #2088
Laine

My Ride: 2006 330Ci+2008 535i
I have read through as many of the 105 FAQ pages as I can stand. I have a 2006 330 CiC (E46) without OEM navigation, and am investigating the Dynavin. Can you help me with the following:

1) I have factory Bluetooth (am able to use my iPhone over the radio). I saw that this will become obsolete with the install, but can I still use the factory microphone?

2) What are the added functions with the D99 unit? Would I need them if I have a factory Bluetooth system? Is D99 the V6 system?

3) What is the lead time for D95 and D99 orders?

4) Is the US TV tuner now available? (FAQ says hopefully by end of 2010).

5) Can I access email directly on-screen through iPhone interface?

6) I have a Passport QI45 radar detector and would like to pipe the small display unit in. Any advice on how you would approach that?

Thank you for the response.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #2089
E36M3FORNOW

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, 02 M3 SMG
When are the units going to be in stock?
Looking to get one for my M3
E36M3FORNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #2090
gray311

My Ride: 203 M3
Installation issues

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading up for a few months now on the Dynavin units and decided to plunk for one of the Android Units. To make things a wee bit more complicated I have a M3 with the OEM Sat Nav head unit, therefore all of the electronics are in the rear. Anyway, my issue:

5M extension cable run from rear to front (loads of fun that in a converible - not!), with the cabling plugged into the connection that was in the BG54 Radio unit. Dynavin unit connected to 5M cable at front of the vehicle.... and no power. Nothing! I checked the fuses and they are all fine (including the one on the Dynavin itself).

To make it a wee bit more confusing the wiring on the back of the Android unit is completely different from all of the other models!

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynavin Wiring (1).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	426596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynavin Wiring (2).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	426597  

Last edited by gray311; 11-26-2011 at 10:16 AM.
gray311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #2091
shimal

My Ride: BMW 325i
miopocket

anyone have any experience with miopocket as a replacement front end for the windows side? its seems a lot like the other hack, but its free and contains 100% of freely-distributable content including media players, calendars, ebook readers, etc and can be used with any of the gps programs made for CE.

http://netfresco.com/MioPocket/default.aspx

Last edited by shimal; 11-27-2011 at 04:26 PM.
shimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #2092
WillE46

My Ride: Topaz M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray311 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading up for a few months now on the Dynavin units and decided to plunk for one of the Android Units. To make things a wee bit more complicated I have a M3 with the OEM Sat Nav head unit, therefore all of the electronics are in the rear. Anyway, my issue:

5M extension cable run from rear to front (loads of fun that in a converible - not!), with the cabling plugged into the connection that was in the BG54 Radio unit. Dynavin unit connected to 5M cable at front of the vehicle.... and no power. Nothing! I checked the fuses and they are all fine (including the one on the Dynavin itself).

To make it a wee bit more confusing the wiring on the back of the Android unit is completely different from all of the other models!

Any ideas?
Looks like you have a V6 Dynavin unit but maybe a V5 Fakra harness. The V6 Fakra harness has the steering wheel control box up front on the headunit side of the harness; not the trunk side.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #2093
Dominic_M

My Ride: e46 M3
it seems liek users must put something nasty on here to get some atention:

1. I have been asking to see where do i get the maps from and no one will reply. I bought the android version but do not have android phone. I have an Iphone and am not using any tetherding at this point. I would like to get an stand alone GPS software as the unit does not come with it.
I have actually purchased a copilot GPS for $20 but it is preveting me from download it on my PC and save it it to the micro card. On the copilot site, it states that I have to download from phone directly but I do not have internet on my DINAVIN as i am not tethering. Any help here?

2. As far as sound... There is too much background noise coming from the unit. I like the sound as it is ok if the music is really loud but in low volume the background noise is bad enough so you can hear it. I have played with the system setting but then again no luck on background noise.

3. I put the business stock radio and the DINAVIN unit back and fourth to test it and the volume is not high enough as the OEM. i would say DINAVIN is only 75% volume compared to OEM.
I hope i am doing something wrong as i like the unit but the volume i am not a fan of. I have also played with the setings on this and have all the equilizer knobs to 100% and still not loud enough. then again I am comparing with OEM. I hear lots of users here raving about the sound quality on their DINAVIN units that i just hope is as simple as adjusting some settings i may be over-looking.

Please help

Last edited by Dominic_M; 11-30-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Dominic_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #2094
ChiTownTrav

My Ride: 2004 325CI
Send a message via AIM to ChiTownTrav Send a message via Yahoo to ChiTownTrav
I'm running into the same issue with the backround noise with no luck playing in the settings.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #2095
boyfromnowhere

My Ride: beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic_M View Post
it seems liek users must put something nasty on here to get some atention:

1. I have been asking to see where do i get the maps from and no one will reply. I bought the android version but do not have android phone. I have an Iphone and am not using any tetherding at this point. I would like to get an stand alone GPS software as the unit does not come with it.
I have actually purchased a copilot GPS for $20 but it is preveting me from download it on my PC and save it it to the micro card. On the copilot site, it states that I have to download from phone directly but I do not have internet on my DINAVIN as i am not tethering. Any help here?

2. As far as sound... There is too much background noise coming from the unit. I like the sound as it is ok if the music is really loud but in low volume the background noise is bad enough so you can hear it. I have played with the system setting but then again no luck on background noise.

3. I put the business stock radio and the DINAVIN unit back and fourth to test it and the volume is not high enough as the OEM. i would say DINAVIN is only 75% volume compared to OEM.
I hope i am doing something wrong as i like the unit but the volume i am not a fan of. I have also played with the setings on this and have all the equilizer knobs to 100% and still not loud enough. then again I am comparing with OEM. I hear lots of users here raving about the sound quality on their DINAVIN units that i just hope is as simple as adjusting some settings i may be over-looking.

Please help
This is the V5 thread....

Try here...http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=839753
boyfromnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:25 AM   #2096
gray311

My Ride: 203 M3
Cheers WillE46 - In the end I took the Bimmer down to an auto electrician and discovered that it was faulty soldering within the Fakra cable's fuse box. Sorted and now up and running.

Last edited by gray311; 12-03-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Image too big!
gray311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #2097
BimmerDoc

My Ride: E46 AWD, ///M Coupe
Send a message via AIM to BimmerDoc
Mp3 car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimal View Post
anyone have any experience with miopocket as a replacement front end for the windows side? its seems a lot like the other hack, but its free and contains 100% of freely-distributable content including media players, calendars, ebook readers, etc and can be used with any of the gps programs made for CE.

http://netfresco.com/MioPocket/default.aspx
I would join mp3 car, you can get custom look BMW front ends and programs or contribute to design
BimmerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #2098
shimal

My Ride: BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDoc View Post
I would join mp3 car, you can get custom look BMW front ends and programs or contribute to design
I looked around that website, but didnt find any information on miopocket specifically on the dynavin e46. Anyone else have any luck?
shimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #2099
Garmac

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTrav View Post
I'm running into the same issue with the backround noise with no luck playing in the settings.
same here, and it's horrible. I get background noise with ipod, and worse is with the AUX. I will take the unit out and check all the cabling... hope this is something that is easy to fix...
Garmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #2100
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
desktop screen

I have had my dynavin working great for some time now but I had it set to default to navigation on start up and now I forget how to get to wince desktop screen.