E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
builtwrightbmw

My Ride: e21 b6, e46 323it sp
2000 e46 touring for sale

I haven't spent much time on this site because most of my stuff is older, but i would like to sell my wifes e46 touring. THe car was absolutely flawless when i got it 5 or 6 years ago, but unfortuantely not a good idea to attempt to convince a women of taking care of it while raising two kids. The car has taken a beating and if i din't have enough projects as it stood i would want to have some fun with it, but time and money is an issue at this point. I want to be reasonable on pricing so i am willing to negotiate, looking for about 4K.

Down & Dirty:
The car has been rear ended once on an off ramp. The rear quaters were pulled back out and the rear bumper and rear tailgate was replaced. Other then that the damage was suprisingly good. After that my wife hit a curb so hard she deployed the passenger head restraint air bag and bent the passenger side strut and dome'd the strut tower mounting point. The car can line up and is lined up but the BFH would need to be used to correct the strut tower. The front drivers side was hit by a delivery truck in downtown AVL while it was parked and had front end cosmetic repair including new headlight assembly.

All in all the car has had a hard life and would either make a good daily driver for someone that knows how to work on them or a good project car for someone that wants a touring. Dispite this list, it is a reliable car that runs great, but it needs TLC.

Stats & Disclosure: 2000 E46 Touring with sport package in titanium silver metaliic

-All power options including sunroof
-Grey leather, power front seats
-17" style 44 sport wheels. All rims are curbed but i have two newly refinished 17" style 44 never installed
-Tires 25% at best
-front struts recently replaced, needs rear shocks replaced but not terrible
-Gauge cluster problems, turn signals don't light up but do work and sometimes the door adjar and high beam indicators malfunction
-Washer fluid pump not working possible relay
-Oil pan gasket needs replacement but doesn't even use a quart between changes
-Interior is worn from carting two kids for last 5 years but no tears.
-Some scratches and exterior cosmetic issues, front bumper needs alignment
-Passenger head restraint air bag was deployed and not fixed.
-Needs carpet shampoo and floor mats, I would remove the seats for this.
-Has keyless entry but needs new battery in the key, or new key.

See photos here: http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/v...E46%20Touring/

Email with questions, Thanks Andy

P.S. I always wanted to put spacers and springs on it, tint the windows and drive it as an alternate work vehical. At this point i need to cut my losses and focus on my real priorities, like exhaust and TLC for my E28 535is.

I might even be willing to apply some trade credit towards this depending on what you have.

Possible trading items:

1988 E28 535is red with black leather interior items wanted-

-Full exhaust or possible turbo kit
-Euro conversion
-Sway bars
-Momo hub
-US spec IS bumper fog lenses
-Black carpet kit for trunk (complete)
-Front strut brace
-Rear shock tower bar

1980 E21 323i Alpina B6 3.5L

-(2) Supertrapps 1.75" in
-Coil overs/ground control with adjustable camber plates
-(2)205/50/15 front & (2)225/50/15rear in new condition
-Charcoal/grey original carpet kit
-Front strut brace
-Rear shock tower bar

Last edited by builtwrightbmw; 06-21-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: move to correct location
builtwrightbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
mad_polo

My Ride: E46 320
Wrong section.
mad_polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
AlbertW 16

My Ride: 2002 330cic
I admire your honesty
Old 06-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
builtwrightbmw

Sorry, how do I move this to the correct area without duplicating it?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
builtwrightbmw

Sold
Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Do you track your E28?

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
builtwrightbmw

Not yet, I have been resurecting this car from the dead over the last two years and am just now getting it up to worthy condition. I would like to get on the track soon but still need a little more time. Any recommendations on where/how to get started?