E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
dbasonic

My Ride: 02 330ci
Harmon-Kardon speaker dimensions.

After doing numerous searches and finding multiple answers to the same question, I need to know what the exact dimensions of the Harmon karmon speakers.(without nav).

I know that there a set of 3-way speakers in the front,
Possibly another set of 3-ways in the back, with a midbass in the back door panels with a set of speakers in the back deck,
And also a set of 6x9 subs in the back.

My goal is to take all of these speakers out and replace them with a real car stereo. I went to my local shop but their computer they had said that I had a set of 6.5's in the front and back, with no subs. But I know for a fact that isnt correct. They told me to bring the old speakers in but that's just not practical right now. SO I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP! I need to know speaker dimension, depth and if I will be able to directly replace the speakers by just dropping in 6.5's and if not what kind of modifications would I have to do to get them to fit.

sorry for the wall of text but I can't find the answer I'm looking for so I figured I'd just ask. HELP A FELLOW FANATIC OUT, PLEASE!!
dbasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
dbasonic

BTW, I have a 2002 330ci. Harmon-kardon stereo without navigation.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Sanchjer

My Ride: 323i e46 SOLD!
What brand are you going with? BSW sell direct replacements for our cars and they sounds great.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
dbasonic

I'm doing a complete upgrade, BSW isn't up to par.
I have a kicker cvx12 powered by a 1500 watt amp, for the inside speakers I'm looking at kicker rs65.2 or rs60.2. For the back speakers I'll probably just get a coaxial set, either 6.5's or 6's depending on which ones fit. Also going to run the little 3inch from the back panels to the back coaxials. SOMEONE HELP ME OUT
Old 11-13-2011, 02:00 AM   #5
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
there is a whole subforum dedicated to audio/ICE

if "bsw isn't good enough" then you better be planning to replace atleast your amp, but probably also your head unit and all of the wiring, as well.

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post

if "bsw isn't good enough" then you better be planning to replace atleast your amp, but probably also your head unit and all of the wiring, as well.
Not true. I have the Vibe space series components installed in my car. They're significantly less expensive than any bsw speaker, sound incredible, and are direct replacements for hk speakers. Check out sonic electronix. They had some pretty good deals for Vibes back in the spring when I redid my whole audio system.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer
Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
dbasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post

I am definitely replacing the amp, along with the wires, and the head unit. I'm a car stereo junkie so I'm going all out with this. I just havnt been able to find a definite answer to my question.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
dbasonic

Also sonixelectronics, you can find good deals, but that's only because they sell used, refurbished, returns, all as new. They're junky I wouldn't recommend anything from there.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #9
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbasonic View Post
They're junky I wouldn't recommend anything from there.
I was just posting my mini-review for you so you don't spend obscene amounts of money on BSW stuff. I'm happy with my sonic purchase. Everything was brand new, sounds great and didn't cost ridiculous money.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
OneOfaKindTrini

My Ride: 540i w/ 3 Pedals..
The general concensus is that BSW is overrated and overpriced.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
dbasonic

Agreed for the price I would pay for those I could get a way better speaker setup. Excluding amps, subs, wiring. Anyone out there have exact speaker dimensions with depth or would it just be easier to take the speakers out to have them sized?

Tags
dimensions, harmon kardon, speakers, stereo