E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
New Gun Shop in Riverside, CA

New placed opened up yesterday, down the street from my house. Going to go check it out.

place is called Bullseye sport.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...83582741496669
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,384
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Lemme know how it is - I have a friend out in Riverside I'm goingto visit soon. May have to check it out.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Neat little place. I didnt stay very long because i had my wife and 2yo with me. They do not make the best of shopping buddies. Kinda small and not a lot of selection but friendly staff and decent prices. Mind you I'm a total gun newb.

I did get to hold a walther p22 and a sig mosquito. Both felt absolutely great in my hand. Definite contenders for my first gun purchase.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
Neat little place. I didnt stay very long because i had my wife and 2yo with me. They do not make the best of shopping buddies. Kinda small and not a lot of selection but friendly staff and decent prices. Mind you I'm a total gun newb.

I did get to hold a walther p22 and a sig mosquito. Both felt absolutely great in my hand. Definite contenders for my first gun purchase.
Consider getting a Sig P226 in 22lr. You can then later buy a barrel/slide for a couple hundred and have a 22 and 9mm gun.
I bought my gf a sig mosquito and it likes to jam up some. Very picky on ammo, seems to like eating cci mini mags. She loves it and loves shooting it. Kind of a pain in the ass to take apart, but not to bad.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Thanks I will definitily look into it.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
MrWesson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 356
My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
The sell guns in Commiefornia?
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #7
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Consider getting a Sig P226 in 22lr. You can then later buy a barrel/slide for a couple hundred and have a 22 and 9mm gun.
I bought my gf a sig mosquito and it likes to jam up some. Very picky on ammo, seems to like eating cci mini mags. She loves it and loves shooting it. Kind of a pain in the ass to take apart, but not to bad.
So I was checking out the Sig Sauer site and there are a TON of pistols. What are the differences between the models? the mosquito p226 and p229 for example?
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:33 AM   #8
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,384
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
So I was checking out the Sig Sauer site and there are a TON of pistols. What are the differences between the models? the mosquito p226 and p229 for example?
Is there a particular reason you're looking at SIGs? I have a P229, but it's definitely not my favorite pistol.

There are a lot of models, I'll try to break it down for you.

P226 = full size (9mm, .40, .357sig)
P229 = "compact"
P228 = also compact like the 229, however was only produced in 9mm. No longer made
P220 = flagship model, .45acp predominately, however there are some gems floating around in 9mm
P230 = .380
P232 = another .380
P250 = polymer DAK model that was primarily geared towards modularity. Avoid this model. it's not one of their gems.
P238 = .380 pocket pistol, 1911 or colt mustang style...also have some teething issues
SigPro = polymer 9 or 40. Underrated gun

Their 1911 model i'm simply not familiar with at the moment.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Thanks for the break down that helps alot!

Well I heard good things about them here. The mosquito in particular. And when I held it it just felt great the grip was a good size for my hand the weight felt good and solid.

Initially i was really looking at a glock 34 because I have heard many a great things but I do not like how a glock feels at all.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,384
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Just to play Devil's advocate - SIGs aren't perfect (nothing is)

Cons of the sig imo include
-High bore axis
-DA/SA trigger is not the easiest to learn
-Exeter, NH sigs are not the same quality as the W. German Sigs
-They tend to be on the large side, so CCW is not as ideal an option

If they feel good in the hand, money well spent
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #11
Chris-TK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 16,309
My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
The sell guns in Commiefornia?
There are a lot more guns here than you think
__________________
K.
Chris-TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:20 AM   #12
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Just to play Devil's advocate - SIGs aren't perfect (nothing is)

Cons of the sig imo include
-High bore axis
-DA/SA trigger is not the easiest to learn
-Exeter, NH sigs are not the same quality as the W. German Sigs
-They tend to be on the large side, so CCW is not as ideal an option

If they feel good in the hand, money well spent
Thank-you it helps to know what I'm against if you will. I'll make sure to get a German made one. And in California ccw permit is almost impossible to get nor do I really want to. So that's not really a concern. I plan to shot it a lot so hopefully I'll get the hang of DA/SA. Now sorry for the noob question but what is a high bore axis and why is it bad? Also could you play the other side of the coin and list some pros.
My biggest concerns are hand fittment, Reliability and accuracy. How does a sig 226 fair on these things? Do you have any other gun. recommendations?

I actually plan on makeing a seperate thread about my first gun purchase tomorrow. I will just copy the relevant post to there. LOL
And thanks again and sorry for the 21 questions.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
I have a p226 elite dark. It is much more accurate then I'll ever be, and has been completely reliable. Got it this summer and have probably put a little over 1000 rounds through it of whatever ammo I could find and it has not had 1 malfunction or jam.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,951
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
That's good to hear. At this point the plan is to get a walther p22 then a 9mm p226 after that ill get the con version kits to 45 and 22. After that maybe a shotgun or an Ar.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #15
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,384
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
Thank-you it helps to know what I'm against if you will. I'll make sure to get a German made one. And in California ccw permit is almost impossible to get nor do I really want to. So that's not really a concern. I plan to shot it a lot so hopefully I'll get the hang of DA/SA. Now sorry for the noob question but what is a high bore axis and why is it bad? Also could you play the other side of the coin and list some pros.
My biggest concerns are hand fittment, Reliability and accuracy. How does a sig 226 fair on these things? Do you have any other gun. recommendations?

I actually plan on makeing a seperate thread about my first gun purchase tomorrow. I will just copy the relevant post to there. LOL
And thanks again and sorry for the 21 questions.

Sigs feel pretty good in the hands, recoil is light. They are known for being accurate and reliable. Their slogan is "to hell & back reliability". Although the 45acp models nowadays are nowhere near that level of reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
That's good to hear. At this point the plan is to get a walther p22 then a 9mm p226 after that ill get the con version kits to 45 and 22. After that maybe a shotgun or an Ar.
IMO, a 22 is a great way to get started. However you can't convert up to 45
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use