E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #21
Bugermass

My Ride: ZX10R

Here ya go. This pull was in 4th gear, and the tune was intentionally left soft to keep the motor in one piece. Up top it had quite a bit of timing left to go but I didn't want it to make any more power and break
Bugermass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #22
Bugermass

Sorry I didn't get around to posting pics today, I was having a really hard time with a very stubborn Mustang I was tuning today with a whipple, took most of my day. By the time I had a chance to take some pics one of our techs was already pulling stuff off the M to get the tranny off so its kinda in pieces right now. I'll post pics of the clutch when it comes apart and we see what the damage is.. I'm pretty sure I know what broke but we'll know for sure tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #23
Bugermass

Pulled the clutch out. The last disc welded itself to the floater. Looks like the diaphram fingers don't clear the part of the casing that supports the input shaft where the throw out bearing rides so the fingers were always depressed slightly causing the clutch to not be disengauged all the way. We're trying to work with the clutch company now to see if we can get this taken care of since it seems to be a design issue of the clutch itself from what we can tell.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
topendusa

My Ride: 03 BMW M3 SMG
Good Stuff Chris! Keep it up
Old 11-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #25
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Chris those numbers are pretty damn good for being on stock internals and to the wheels. The torque is also surprising to say the least. I am surprised this thread is not getting more attention.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #26
Bugermass

Thanks, I think it may take more, but gonna have some fun with it first before we try to turn it up some more ..
Old 11-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #27
Sleepersown

My Ride: Thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Chris those numbers are pretty damn good for being on stock internals and to the wheels. The torque is also surprising to say the least. I am surprised this thread is not getting more attention.
Might be the title. I didn't even realize this thread was here until you posted the link from the proefi visit thread. If it would have said PRO EFI TURBO M3 HITS THE TRACK ! It probably would have gotten a bit more bites.

Anyway, GREAT RESULTS Bugermass !!!! Those are some crazy numbers !!! It's like hpf stage 2.75 with an assload more tq and without the motor build !

Last edited by Sleepersown; 11-17-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelled op's name wrong.
Sleepersown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #28
Bugermass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepersown View Post
Might be the title. I didn't even realize this thread was here until you posted the link from the proefi visit thread. If it would have said PRO EFI TURBO M3 HITS THE TRACK ! It probably would have gotten a bit more bites.

Anyway, GREAT RESULTS Burgermass !!!! Those are some crazy numbers !!! It's like hpf stage 2.75 with an assload more tq and without the motor build !
Feel free to change the title!! I don't think I can edit it at this point.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #29
Sleepersown

My Ride: Thinking...
Eh, Unfortunately, i'm not he-man so I don't have the power. It's all good though. Hopefully more people will check this out as this is groundbreaking work by my understanding !
Sleepersown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #30
Bugermass

I'll defiantly keep things updated here. Like I said once we get everything back together and we run as fast as we can at this power level we'll probably turn it up a little at a time until she lets go. I'm very curious to see how much the stock rods and pistons can take.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #31
Ky///m3

My Ride: 1988 E30 M3
How the hell ate you Malone 720 whp on stock internals at 20psi? I want this lol

2006 E46 M3 HPF stg II SOLD
1988 E30 M3 Touring Class
1995 E36 M3 I-Prepared Class
Ky///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #32
02black330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky///m3 View Post
How the hell ate you Malone 720 whp on stock internals at 20psi? I want this lol
You and me both man!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugermass View Post
The turbo is defiantly not all in, and I even left some ignition on the table at the current boost level. I'll post the graph tommorrow. I think theres a lot of room for improvement in the power band, i just need some more time on the dyno, it was all kinda last minute and very late at night lol.

There is no way that the turbo is all in!! I just made 843 RWHP on a supra with a 6266 !! The 6766 will certainly make more!!

Great job Chris!!
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #34
Bugermass

Thanks Larrry, yeah I definatly agree theres more in the turbo. Just wanna keep it together for a while .. I have a feeling we may hit a wall with backpressure, as with this manifold I'm already at about 34psi of back pressure at 20 psi of boost. We plan an making a tubular mani later, but probably not until we pop this motor and put the built motor in.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #35
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
I have a M3 now at the shop where the customer wants to hit 1K with a billet 76. I am now slightly afraid of the HPF log type manifold as being a restriction that will prevent us from hitting our goal. After seeing the results of Chris's car with a 82mm turbo, I think that we may need to explore the realms of a custom tubular manifold.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #36
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Larrry, yeah I definatly agree theres more in the turbo. Just wanna keep it together for a while .. I have a feeling we may hit a wall with backpressure, as with this manifold I'm already at about 34psi of back pressure at 20 psi of boost. We plan an making a tubular mani later, but probably not until we pop this motor and put the built motor in.

Oh it will certainly make more than 20 psi on a 3.2L motor. We routinely run 35+ psi on the supras and other motors that we use that turbo on.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #37
02black330ci

Quote:
Chris,
What are your thoughts on the internals longevity with this amount of whp and torque? Even if its close to 700whp, I would love to do the set up since its hitting the Stage 2.5 and Stage 3 whp territory and all w/out the build. Maybe adding the ARP head bolts to assist in holding it together? I am looking for all sorts of options/ideas to push the stock engine further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
There is no way that the turbo is all in!! I just made 843 RWHP on a supra with a 6266 !! The 6766 will certainly make more!!

Great job Chris!!
Really good feedback there Larry, was this on E85 also?

Old 11-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #38
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Really good feedback there Larry, was this on E85 also?

Yes of course, and it made 844 Torque!!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #39
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #40
zcchen

My Ride: Z3M/E90M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
This is unreal! Makes me wanna get a 2jz next
zcchen is offline   Reply With Quote